Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help find missing Boston women

Hi all,

I know this isn't hockey related, but a hockey playing friend of mine who plays softball with Amber DeVoe sent me this e-mail asking that I spread the word. She is originally from Zeeland, MI, but recently moved to the Jamaica Plain area of Boston to pursue a job opportunity.

Have you seen Amber Devoe of Jamaica Plain? She is our softball teammate on the Boston Women's Alternative Softball League.

If so, please contact the Police Department 617-343-5630. Amber Ruth Devoe is a 28 year old female 5'8 in height, around 180 lbs,blond hair blue/green eyes and wears her hair in a "faux hawk" style and shaved on the sides. Drives a black 2007 Chrysler 300 with Massachusetts plates. She wears baggy clothing from Hollister, America Eagle, and Abercrombie.She is very athletic and recently moved to Boston. She has a distinct Michigan accent. Last seen on Tuesday. Has not made any contact with anyone, has not used phone, email, facebook, anything since then. Has not shown up for either of her two jobs. A missing persons report has been filed.

Please take a look at attached photo and pass on.

We are all praying for her safe return.

Please go to the Find Amber DeVoe Facebook page to see photos and descriptions of Amber and her vehicle.
    "A ROCK BAND IS NOT A PERFECT DEMOCRACY. IT'S LIKE A SPORTS TEAM. NO ONE CAN DO WITHOUT THE OTHER, BUT EVERYBODY DOESN'T GET TO TOUCH THE BALL ALL THE TIME." Don Henley

Re: Help find missing Boston women

Available Information on Amber
    by Help Find Amber DeVoe on Wednesday, June 29, 2011 at 1:15pm
    - Amber was last seen by her landlord on June 21, 2011 around 5:30
    - Amber's last cell phone activity was on June 21, 2011 around 10:00
    - Amber's last bank / credit account activity was on June 21, 2011
    - Everyone on her cell phone activity leading up to her disappearance has been contacted. No unusual conversations were noted
    - All area hospitals, jails, and morgues have been contacted
    - Her apartment has been visited by police
    - Her car is missing 2007 Black Chrylser 300; Mass License plate #8SL 600; it has the sticker McGee on the rear left side
    HOW YOU CAN HELP
    If you are from the Boston Area:- Help find Amber's 2007 Black Chrysler 300; Mass License plate #8SL 600.
    - Download and put up flyers
    - Post to your facebook page and spread the word- E-mail national news stations to get the word out
    - Search craigslist for Amber's car
    - PRAYERS
    HOW YOU CAN HELP
    If you are from the Grand Rapids Area:
    - E-mail national news stations to get the word out
    - Search craigslist for Amber's car
    - Post to your facebook page and spread the word
    "A ROCK BAND IS NOT A PERFECT DEMOCRACY. IT'S LIKE A SPORTS TEAM. NO ONE CAN DO WITHOUT THE OTHER, BUT EVERYBODY DOESN'T GET TO TOUCH THE BALL ALL THE TIME." Don Henley

Comment

Re: Help find missing Boston woman

Although there was a "credible" sighting in Southie Tuesday, still no signs of Amber. Just bumping this up so you all remember to keep your eyes and ears opened during the long weekend just in case ...

Comment

Boston Police Dept Update

Boston Police Department (Official)
        Update to Missing Person: At this time, Amber DeVoe remains a missing person. Investigators continue working closely w/ her family and follow any potential leads. Although BPD received several reports of a sighting on the Washington Street in the South End, detectives were unable to confirm that it was her. We continue to ask everyone to be vigilant and contact detectives with information, 617-343-5628.

Comment

Originally posted by DC78-82 View Post
          Boston Police Department (Official)
          Update to Missing Person: At this time, Amber DeVoe remains a missing person. Investigators continue working closely w/ her family and follow any potential leads. Although BPD received several reports of a sighting on the Washington Street in the South End, detectives were unable to confirm that it was her. We continue to ask everyone to be vigilant and contact detectives with information, 617-343-5628.
          Any updates?

Comment

Originally posted by 5 4 Fighting View Post
            Any updates?
            I heard last night that she is in Florida and has contacted her family. No other details were announced. She is okay, thank the Good Lord. If I'm not mistaken, I think they said she took a train. (or I was dreaming)
            Last edited by rinkrat890890; 07-07-2011, 04:53 AM. Reason: to add more info

Comment

Originally posted by rinkrat890890 View Post
              I heard last night that she is in Florida and has contacted her family. No other details were announced. She is okay, thank the Good Lord. If I'm not mistaken, I think they said she took a train. (or I was dreaming)

This is from the Help Find Amber FB page:

Help Find Amber DeVoe
              Update
              We do not currently know of Amber's exact location. However, as of today we have reason to believe that Amber is safe and has chosen to leave on her own. We continue to pray that Amber will return home safely. We realize this will generate many questions...

Thanks thus far to all who have read this, and at least "been on the lookout" for her. It doesn't sound like it's over yet, but hopefully the result will be that Amber is okay, and is able to reunite with the family and friends who so obviously care about her. I don't know her, but know people who do, and I don't want to imagine what they have all been through.

That said, the admins of the FB page still have not indicated that they have absolute proof of Amber's whereabouts or condition, and there have been many rumors that have been presented as fact, only to be dispelled, so don't close the book on this yet~

Comment

Posted at 10:35 pm 7/6/11

ZEELAND -- Rhonda Dirette, mother of missing 28-year-old Zeeland native Amber DeVoe, is denying reports her daughter has been found in Florida.
                Dirette swatted down the reports minutes after the Help Find Amber DeVoe Facebook page became alight with news that a Boston news channel reported her discovery.
                Dirette said although the family does not know DeVoe's exact location, they have reason to believe she is safe and is keeping her whereabouts unknown purposely.
                "We're still hoping and praying for her safe return," Dirette said.
                A message posted on the Facebook page added the family asks "for patience as we sort through details with the police and family members," and that updates will be forthcoming.
                DeVoe has been missing from Boston's Jamaica Plain neighborhood since June 21. Her family has pursued leads through the Facebook page, which has amassed 6,000-plus followers.

Comment

Originally posted by DC78-82 View Post
                  Posted at 10:35 pm 7/6/11

ZEELAND -- Rhonda Dirette, mother of missing 28-year-old Zeeland native Amber DeVoe, is denying reports her daughter has been found in Florida.
                  Dirette swatted down the reports minutes after the Help Find Amber DeVoe Facebook page became alight with news that a Boston news channel reported her discovery.
                  Dirette said although the family does not know DeVoe's exact location, they have reason to believe she is safe and is keeping her whereabouts unknown purposely.
                  "We're still hoping and praying for her safe return," Dirette said.
                  A message posted on the Facebook page added the family asks "for patience as we sort through details with the police and family members," and that updates will be forthcoming.
                  DeVoe has been missing from Boston's Jamaica Plain neighborhood since June 21. Her family has pursued leads through the Facebook page, which has amassed 6,000-plus followers.
                  In an interesting coincidence, just yesterday they found a 48 year old women alive in Spain, after she had been missing since June 17. She had started her vacation (on her own) in a mountainous region in southern spain two days prior and wandered off into the woods and got lost when darkness hit. She was feared dead for over a week and the Spanish police had called of the search earlier this week. Yesterday other hikers found her alive, but in weak condition. She survived in a cave on fresh water, grass/hay and the odd berry. Her saving grace was that the fresh water run in the cave had a high and healthy mineral content.
                  Last edited by OnMAA; 07-07-2011, 10:53 AM.

Comment

Hey as long as she's okay, that is all that matters. If she left on her own, that is her choice. Best wishes to her, I hope all is going to be well.

Comment

Originally posted by rinkrat890890 View Post
                      Hey as long as she's okay, that is all that matters. If she left on her own, that is her choice. Best wishes to her, I hope all is going to be well.
                      I agree wholeheartedly, and regardless of the resolution of Amber's situation, we should all take a lesson from the response her disappearance has elicited - no matter how alone you feel, of how dire circumstances may seem at any given point in life, there are more people who know and care about you than you can imagine, and many strangers who will gladly give of themselves to help and support you as well.

Comment

It appears that Ms. Devoe is back with her family.

http://www.hollandsentinel.com/news/...e-is-home-safe

Comment

Thanks for posting that. The Boston papers had a short piece stating that she had been found in Mexico City, but with fewer details. I hope that she, her family, and friends heal from whatever her experience was while she was out of contact. i hope nothing like that ever happens to me or anyone I know, but if it does, I hope that the outpouring of support is the same. Thanks to everyone for paying attention to this story. Bad things do happen to good people, and it is so good to see that there are a lot of good people ready to help.

Comment

I was glad to hear that she was found and was safe. I couldn't imagine how I would feel if it was a member of my family who was missing. I wonder how she ended up in Florida.... Anyway, I wanted to get an opinion on something. I was considering sending my daughter to Chrysalis School Montana. Has anyone heard of this school? I am wondering if this would be a decent school for her or not. If anyone know anything about them, I would love to hear about it. Thank you.
                            Last edited by Nolan; 11-07-2011, 02:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X