Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fire roby!!

He just killed NU hockey!!!!!
    Husky Hockey heading to the top of the bottom!

Re: Fire roby!!

I think I'll wait until we see who gets chosen as head coach. Really, Cronin was going to leave at some point. This fighting with Roby may have sped up the process, but he was gone eventually. Now, this is Roby's first time to pick a hockey coach. Will he pick someone good, or pick a yes men who sets this program back? I think we'll get an idea in a week or two when the successor is chosen.

Comment

Originally posted by GoNU5 View Post
      I think I'll wait until we see who gets chosen as head coach. Really, Cronin was going to leave at some point. This fighting with Roby may have sped up the process, but he was gone eventually. Now, this is Roby's first time to pick a hockey coach. Will he pick someone good, or pick a yes men who sets this program back? I think we'll get an idea in a week or two when the successor is chosen.
      this.
      my huskies > your huskies

Comment

I agree. Roby killed NU when he hired a guy that was no stranger to breaking NCAA rules.

If he had let Cronin stay, maybe more violations would have occurred and NU would have been given the SMU Death Penalty treatment! Then Roby really would have killed NU hockey!
        Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
        The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
          I agree. Roby killed NU when he hired a guy that was no stranger to breaking NCAA rules.

If he had let Cronin stay, maybe more violations would have occurred and NU would have been given the SMU Death Penalty treatment! Then Roby really would have killed NU hockey!
          Roby didn't hire Cronin, the previous AD did. Try again
          my huskies > your huskies

Comment

Originally posted by steve66 View Post
            He just killed NU hockey!!!!!
            I have really mixed feelings about the man. He is actually a good AD, contrary to what is being said on here. I have met with him many times and he is very serious about improving athletics at NU. However, I worry because he is very much a basketball guy and has very little experience with hockey; although, he is a smart man and I think he understand's how much men's hockey adds the NU. I am sure he has a good team of advisors looking at potential hires for the coaching vacancy. A good or bad coach doesnt correlated 100% with a good or bad coaching choice. This is much more an art than a science, and even the slam dunk choices can fail.

Comment

Nick, Please stick with subjects you know something about. IIRC you're a bu guy. Garrett Haar, our recent de-commit is interested in in bu and a bunch of WCHA schools. I DK whether the schools are interested in him. Let's hope bu likes him as he has real "character".

Comment

Originally posted by Ryecheers View Post
                Nick, Please stick with subjects you know something about. IIRC you're a bu guy. Garrett Haar, our recent de-commit is interested in in bu and a bunch of WCHA schools. I DK whether the schools are interested in him. Let's hope bu likes him as he has real "character".
                You remembered incorrectly.

Comment

Originally posted by Bumbles View Post
                  You remembered incorrectly.
                  Please enlighten me.

Comment

Someone delete this thread. This is not even a topic of discussion when it comes to hockey. Cronin was gone whether Roby took action or he didn't. If you think he would have turned down that Maple Leafs job offer without his reported friction with Roby or his suspension then I got some land in New Mexico I would love to sell you. Give the man an opportunity to do his job, hire a new coach and hopefully the correct coach.
                    Northeastern Huskies Class of 2012

Comment

Please enlighten me.
                      Nick's a BC fan

Comment

As much as I hate to feed into steve, I will.

Roby is saving this program. He is the perfect fit and face for Northeastern in a time when it is under probation. Remember, the NU basketball team under that hack coach Ron Everhart, committed a slew of violations which put them on multiple years probation and a loss of a scholarship. Roby was the head of the Center for Sport in Society, a center that has received national acclaim and recognition at Northeastern. This guy knows his stuff and how not only to keep a clean house, but more importantly, puts out the perception that Northeastern is a clean program with a bad egg that was handled and appropriately punished in-house. If a lesser AD was in charge, since NU was already on probation, you can bet that NU would be in real big trouble now, and recruits decommitting would be the least of our problems. Roby is keeping NU competitive and out of the NCAA dog house (not to be confused with the DogHouse).

Having said that, I'm anxious to see who he hires, and my opinions may of course change then. However for now, Roby is not to blame. Not yet anyways.
                        THEDOGHOUSE alum

Comment

NU's probationary period ended several month ago.

One knock on Roby is that he's a basketball guy. This is probably because he's about 6'5" and was the varsity coaach are Harvard for srvrao years.
                          Keep in mind that even if he is a hoop guy, he is a hoop guy in Eastern Mass. - not in Taos NM. He knows, and he understands Hockey's importance

Comment

I hope he goes to NU. It would be a shame for Cody Ferriero to be the only flip-flopping bigmouth on the Huskies roster. Those two would get along very nicely.
                            Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                            The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

I hope he goes to NU. It would be a shame for Cody Ferriero to be the only flip-flopping bigmouth on the Huskies roster. Those two would get along very nicely.
                              One flips in, Another flops out. These things tend to average out ove time. And we move on.

Comment

Working...
                              X