This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MICHIGAN TECH OFFSEASON THREAD II: The Winning has started

No need to have a thread with losing in the title and the drama is now over; and with Pearson being hired, I'd say that's MTU's first victory.

Re: MICHIGAN TECH OFFSEASON THREAD II: The Winning has started

I'd say its a great start...next up:
    1) Seeing who Mel Pearson selects for his coaching and support staff.
    2) Seeing how soon and who are the first recruits to commit to Michigan Tech under the Mel Pearson era.

In other news, Versus pregame for Game 7:
    Up next, is the Sharks vs the Red Wings...its win or play golf.
    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

With Kolb out, it'll be interesting to see if he snags a late commit or two, or if maybe he bumps David Johnstone's arrival up a year.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold
        With Kolb out, it'll be interesting to see if he snags a late commit or two, or if maybe he bumps David Johnstone's arrival up a year.
        One thing I do wonder is if he will try to accelerated a 2012 Michigan recruit to come in to Michigan Tech next year like Jamie Russell did with Bryce Luker (that didn't work out too well but maybe this time it will be better).
        Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

I was walking around campus today and saw many possible recruits who were intrested in playing at tech next season. There were some local kids playing street hockey in Walmart parking lot in hopes of playing for the Huskies. I told them that Mel was at wedding this weekend so you might want to continue this game on Monday. So they stopped playing and said Monday sounds good when Mel is in his office and they could get noticed.

Comment

Originally posted by yooper(UP) hockey
            I was walking around campus today and saw many possible recruits who were intrested in playing at tech next season. There were some local kids playing street hockey in Walmart parking lot in hopes of playing for the Huskies. I told them that Mel was at wedding this weekend so you might want to continue this game on Monday. So they stopped playing and said Monday sounds good when Mel is in his office and they could get noticed.
            Sounds like you've had a busy day scouting the local talent.............good job. Keep us posted.

Comment

Here are some names to keep an eye on for Mel's Staff:
              Danton Cole - USNTDP U-17 Head Coach (Least likely but who knows)
              Ryan Rezmierski -USNTDP Director of Player Personnel
              Chadd Cassidy - USNTDP U-18 Assistant Coach
              Peter Ward - USNTDP Assistant Director of Player Personnel
              Matt Greason - USNTDP U-17 Assistant Coach

Comment

Don't encourage him.

I'd say that we already have a pretty big roster next fall. I'd be surprised if someone else came in. Even with the kolb loss.
                MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader
                  Don't encourage him.

I'd say that we already have a pretty big roster next fall. I'd be surprised if someone else came in. Even with the kolb loss.
                  There's no saying some of the current roster couldn't be trimmed.

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy
                    Here are some names to keep an eye on for Mel's Staff:
                    Danton Cole - USNTDP U-17 Head Coach (Least likely but who knows)
                    Ryan Rezmierski -USNTDP Director of Player Personnel
                    Chadd Cassidy - USNTDP U-18 Assistant Coach
                    Peter Ward - USNTDP Assistant Director of Player Personnel
                    Matt Greason - USNTDP U-17 Assistant Coach
                    Who? This sounds like the huskies will turn into Team USA ie Mighy Ducks.

Comment

Originally posted by technohusky
                      Sounds like you've had a busy day scouting the local talent.............good job. Keep us posted.
                      The kids said they are coming back to play in the Walmart parking lot on Monday.

They read that Mel like two things shopping (Walmart) and Husky hockey.

Thats what they said when Monday comes when Mel is shopping for his wife at Walmart they are going to get hockey game in the parking lot. I told them expect many USA hockey scouts to be watching you on Monday with Mel. They said no skates needed to play college hockey just a parking lot.

Talk about talent the locals are going to have the roster taken from top to bottom. Mel will not have to drive anywhere to scout he just has to look out back window of his office in the SDC parking lot.

Comment

Alright, the dumb****s are going on ignore.
                        Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

The kids said they are coming back to play in the Walmart parking lot on Monday.

They read that Mel like two things shopping (Walmart) and Husky hockey.

Thats what they said when Monday comes when Mel is shopping for his wife at Walmart they are going to get hockey game in the parking lot. I told them expect many USA hockey scouts to be watching you on Monday with Mel. They said no skates needed to play college hockey just a parking lot.

Talk about talent the locals are going to have the roster taken from top to bottom. Mel will not have to drive anywhere to scout he just has to look out back window of his office in the SDC parking lot.
                          What time is the game on Monday?

Comment

Originally posted by technohusky
                            What time is the game on Monday?
                            I heard the game in Walmart parking lot is after school.

Also, some of the kids said they are playing in the Bridgefest street hockey tournment under the bridge on Fathers Day weekend. They hope Mel will scout this event.

The talent is awesome, talk about kids that can and will play college hockey at a D1 level in his backyard just like in Ann Arbor(US Program). This makes my stomach hungry. I think I should go get a bite to eat. Because there is so many good places to eat and a ton of hockey talent in parking lots in the UP.

Comment

I heard the game in Walmart parking lot is after school.

Also, some of the kids said they are playing in the Bridgefest street hockey tournment under the bridge on Fathers Day weekend. They hope Mel will scout this event.

The talent is awesome, talk about kids that can and will play college hockey at a D1 level in his backyard just like in Ann Arbor(US Program). This makes my stomach hungry. I think I should go get a bite to eat. Because there is so many good places to eat and a ton of hockey talent in parking lots in the UP.
                              I have an appointment at that time but I'll try to get there as soon as I can. How about that pond hockey tournament in St. Ignace or wherever it is? That would be a great place to scout because there might be some guys who want to go to/back to college.

Comment

Working...
                              X