• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top Incoming Players, Freshman players to watch

Best Player? Best Class?
    Drumroll please......

Re: Top Incoming Players, Freshman players to watch

I'm not sure best all around but Joseph Labate coming to Wisconsin should be decent.
    WISCONSIN BADGERS
    NCAA Championships: 1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, and 2006
    WCHA Regular Season Champions: 1977, 1990, and 2000
    WCHA Tournament Champions: 1970, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1982, 1983, 1988, 1990, 1995, 1998, and 2013
    B1G Tournament Champions: 2014
    Hobey Baker winner: #5 Blake Geoffrion

Comment

At Colorado College, we don't have the greatest recruiting class coming in, but they do look solid. The headliner of the group is Peter Stoykewych who is drafted by the new Winnipeg team. For all the fans that have seen the Tigers, you probably remember our lineup being fairly small in height. Most if next years D-core will be well over 6 feet tall.
      Colorado College Tigers

Comment

hobart higgins would tell you Michigan has the best recruiting class. CHRIS! would tell you Boston College has the best frosh class EVAH!

here's my take.

Grimaldi @ UND is the one to keep an eye on as far as national frosh of the year type deal

Rumpel @ Wisconsin in goal

Rau @ the rats may put up 25+ points as a frosh

not sure about the rest of the WCHA
        Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

The WCHA sucks, their incoming class sucks, and they'd be going down the tubes if MTU wasn't blocking them
          tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Nothing to see here. Move along.
            My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

Northeastern University's John Gaudreau. Make us proud, kiddo.

Comment

Mike Schafer seems to think that Cornell's incoming class is one of the best he's had at Cornell. Joakim Ryan is a highly rated defenseman coming out of the USHL, #1 scoring defenseman on the cup winning team. Brian Ferlin was the #3 scorer in the USHL. Cole Bardreau comes from the USNTDP, Phillippe Hudon is a highly ranked by CSB player coming out of Choate, John McCarron was the #12 scorer in the USHL, Joel Lowry was a top 10 scorer in the BCHL, Jacob MacDonald was #2 in scoring on the Waterloo Blackhawks as a defenseman, Madison Dias has big upside but was injured for part of the year, and Vince Marozzi holds season and career records for shut outs with the Spruce Grove Saints.
                Cornell '01

Comment

Originally posted by pfibiger View Post
                  Mike Schafer seems to think that Cornell's incoming class is one of the best he's had at Cornell. Joakim Ryan is a highly rated defenseman coming out of the USHL, #1 scoring defenseman on the cup winning team. Brian Ferlin was the #3 scorer in the USHL. Cole Bardreau comes from the USNTDP, Phillippe Hudon is a highly ranked by CSB player coming out of Choate, John McCarron was the #12 scorer in the USHL, Joel Lowry was a top 10 scorer in the BCHL, Jacob MacDonald was #2 in scoring on the Waterloo Blackhawks as a defenseman, Madison Dias has big upside but was injured for part of the year, and Vince Marozzi holds season and career records for shut outs with the Spruce Grove Saints.
                  Now they'll learn how to "hold & dive"...the Cornell Way
                  Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Miami's incoming class is loaded with two potential first round draft picks in Tyler Biggs and Connor Murphy alongside Austin Czarnik, USHL POTY Blake Coleman and USHL First-teamer Jimmy Mullin.
                    http://blogofbrotherhood.com

Comment

Michigan is loaded with:
                      1) John Gibson- rated as top goalie in upcoming NHL Draft
                      2) Zach Hyman- Canadian Junior A player of the Year, Florida Panther Draft Pick, Stud F
                      3) Alex Guptill- 3rd rounder Dallas 2010 draft
                      4) Brennan Serville- NHL ranked for upcoming draft, nice size Dman
                      and more....

Great class.

Comment

I'd talk about RPI's recruits, but I'd much rather save this thread from the wrath of Hokydad.

Comment

Miami.

Does this question come in two parts?

Comment

Rocco Grimaldi will be the overwhelming favorite to win WCHA Rookie of the Year.

Comment

DU's 2011 Recruiting Class
                              D Scott Mayfield (Youngstown, USHL) - NHL 1st or 2nd round pick
                              F Zac Larraza (U.S. Under-18) - Possible NHL 3rd round pick
                              D Joey LaLeggia (Penticton Vees, BCHL)- BCHL Defensive player of the year. Will probably be a 5G, 20A guy. Possible WCHA Freshman of the year if Rocco Grimaldi falters.
                              D Josiah Didier (Cedar Rapids, USHL) - Likely to be NHL Draft pick. Will be solid from get go.
                              F Daniel Doremus (Sioux Falls, USHL) - Will be solid from the get go
                              F Larkin Jacobson (Janesville Jets, NAHL)
                              D-F Wade Bennett (Wichita Falls, NAHL)
                              F Matt Tabrum (Omaha, USHL)

Comment

Working...
                              X