Providence College Friars - Summer 2011 Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Providence College Friars - Summer 2011 Thread

So nothing official out on schedule or roster - the Bruins must have everyone's full attention!

Schedule - From other forum posts sounds like the Team is playing at Bemidji State and then at St. Lawrence in the first half of October and Mercyhurst will make a visit to play at PC.

This was the last bit of unofficial roster information.

2011-2012
    NAME HT POS Year Hometown/Last School
    Christie Jensen 5/5 Defense 2012 Delta, B.C./South Delta Secondary
    Jennifer Friedman 5/11 Defense 2012 San Gabriel, Calif./Gabrielino
    Lauren Covell 5/7 Defense 2012 Akron, Ohio/Green High School
    Emily Groth 5/6 Defense/Forward 2013 Monona, Wis./Monona Grove High
    Maggie Pendleton 5/10 Defense 2014 Woodbury, Minn. Hill Murray School
    Rebecca Morse 5/8 Defense 2014 Westfield, N.J. National Sports Academy

Laura Veharanta 5/6 Forward 2012 La Verne, Calif./Bonita High School
    Abby Gauthier 5/4 Forward 2012 Lynn, Mass./St. Mary's High School
    Ashley Cottrell 5/6 Forward 2012 Sterling Heights, Mich./Lawrence Academy
    Kate Bacon 5/6 Forward 2012 Chanhassen, Minn./Benilde St. Margaret's School
    Jessica Vella 5/2 Forward 2013 Pickering, Ontario/St. Mary's Catholic Secondary
    Jessica Cohen 5/7 Forward 2013 Anchorage, Alaska/Shattuck St. Mary's
    Nicole Anderson 6/1 Forward 2013 Jordan, Minn./Shakopee High
    Corinne Buie 5/9 Forward 2014 Edina, Minn.
    Stephanie DeMars 5/7 Forward 2014 Redshirt Vermontville, N.Y. National Sports Academy
    Haley Frade 5/8 Forward 2015 Marion, Mass, Tabor Academy Mass Spitfires
    Brooke Simpson 5/8 Forward 2015 Lawrence Academy, Assabet Valley
    Allison Micheletti 5/7 Forward 2015 Inver Grove Heights, Rosemount HS
    Beth Hanrahan 5/8 Forward 2015 Poolesville, MD National Sports Academy
    Suzy Lundeen 5/6 Forward 2015 Edina, MN, Edina HS

Genevieve Lacasse 5/8 Goaltender 2012 Scarborough, Ontario/Marian High School
    Nina Riley 5/7 Goaltender 2014 Lexington, Mass., Assabet Valley
    Hillary Drake ? Goaltender 2015 Mosinee, WI Central WI Storm HS Coop

Re: Providence College Friars - Summer 2011 Thread

Fair amount of experience on the squad between the junior and senior class. Had a very respectable season in 2010-2011. Do you think they'll be better still...and push BU and BC harder at the top of HE? Pretty good gap in overall records behind the top three last season. Curious to see how NU does in 2011-2012...and if anyone will tighten things up vs. last seasons top three.
    Minnesota Hockey

Comment

PC will have a lot of experience and depth and have the opportunity to have a great year if they stay healthy - LaCasse is an outstanding goaltender.

To me the whole HE appeared to get better with some key Canadian commitments, NAHA kids and Shattuck kids and should be even more balanced and competitive next year.

- NU had a good end of season has a great senior goalie and a great recruit in Coyne coming in.
      - Vermont and UNH both appear to have had good recruiting classes which will make them stronger.
      - BC lost a couple of key seniors but has a good recruiting class incoming.

I am sure there will be a HE thread and comparisons from those who know the field well as the summer progresses.
      Last edited by joehockey; 06-16-2011, 07:42 PM.

Comment

Wow Bruins win Stanley Cup and PC posts lots on the web site - Big Day!

Women's Ice Hockey Releases 2011-2012 Schedule
        Senior-laden Friars to take aim at fourth Hockey East Crown.
        June 15, 2011

PROVIDENCE, R.I. - Hockey East Coach of the Year Bob Deraney and his staff have released the Providence College Women's Ice Hockey team's 2011-12 schedule. The slate includes 34 regular season games and one exhibition.

The team will play 18 contests at Schneider Arena, including the season opening exhibition against Canadian power McGill University on September 24. Other home highlights include a pair against Mercyhurst, ranked in the nation's top five throughout 2010-11, on October 15 and 16. Later, the Friars will welcome Brown on November 25 for the 17th annual Mayor's Cup.

The conference portion of the schedule includes a January 15 rematch with Northeastern at The Bog Ice Arena in Kingston, Mass. Last season, Providence defeated the Huskies, 2-1, in front of a sold out crowd at the venue.

The Friars will host rival Connecticut on January 28 for the program's Skating Strides Against Breast Cancer contest, an annual fundraiser with Hockey East that benefits the Gloria Gemma Breast Cancer Resource Foundation.

The upcoming campaign will feature one of the most experienced Friar rosters in recent memory. The team will boast eight seniors, including PC's leading scorers from the last two seasons in Ashley Cottrell (Sterling Heights, Mich.) and Kate Bacon (Chanhassen, Minn.), Hockey East Honorable Mention blueliner Jennifer Friedman (San Gabriel, Calif.) and the college's record holder for career saves in Genevieve Lacasse (Kingston, Ontario.)

The 2010-11 season saw the program register a 22-12-1 record and advance to its ninth consecutive Hockey East semifinals (the only Hockey East member to accomplish the feat). The team went 9-3-0 against foes from outside Hockey East. The resulting .750 winning percentage is the program's best non-conference clip since it joined Hockey East in 2002-03. When taking into account the Friars' two preseason wins against McGill, the percentage jumps to .785.

Providence reached the 20-victory plateau for the sixth time in Head Coach Bob Deraney's 12 years behind the bench. With one more such campaign, Deraney will tie former Friar bench boss John Marchetti, who coached PC from 1980 to 1994, for the record with seven 20-win seasons. Deraney is also approaching Marchetti's victory total at the school. Deraney needs just 37 w's to tie the PC Athletic Hall of Famer's mark of 264.
        Tickets to Providence home games are available by calling the PC Ticket Office, at (401) 865 GOPC.

- Go Friars -

2011-12 Schedule
        Date Opponent / Event Location Time / Result

09/24/11 vs. McGill # Providence, R.I. 7:00 p.m. ET
        09/30/11 at Bemidji St Bemidji, Minn 7:00 p.m. ET
        10/01/11 at Bemidji St Bemidji, Minn 4:00 p.m. ET
        10/08/11 at Clarkson Potsdam, N.Y. 1:00 p.m. ET
        10/09/11 at St. Lawrence Canton, N.Y. 1:00 p.m. ET
        10/15/11 vs. Mercyhurst Providence, R.I. 1:00 p.m. ET
        10/16/11 vs. Mercyhurst Providence, R.I. 1:00 p.m. ET
        10/21/11 at Vermont * Burlington, VT 7:00 p.m. ET
        10/22/11 at Vermont * Burlington, VT 4:00 p.m. ET
        10/28/11 vs. Boston College * Providence, R.I. 7:00 p.m. ET
        11/01/11 vs. Yale Providence, R.I. 7:00 p.m. ET
        11/05/11 vs. Maine * Providence, R.I. 1:00 p.m. ET
        11/06/11 vs. Maine * Providence, R.I. 2:00 p.m. ET
        11/12/11 at Connecticut * Storrs, Conn. 1:00 p.m. ET
        11/13/11 at New Hampshire * Durham, N.H. 2:00 p.m. ET
        11/19/11 vs. Vermont * Providence, R.I. 7:00 p.m. ET
        11/20/11 vs. Boston University * Providence, R.I. 4:00 p.m. ET
        17th Annual Mayor's Cup
        11/25/11 vs. Brown Providence, R.I. 7:00 p.m. ET
        11/27/11 at Union NY Schenectady, N.Y. 2:00 p.m. ET
        12/03/11 vs. Boston University * Providence, R.I. 7:00 p.m. ET
        12/04/11 at Boston University * Boston, Mass. 3:00 p.m. ET
        12/09/11 vs. Harvard Providence, R.I. 7:00 p.m. ET
        12/31/11 vs. Dartmouth Providence, R.I. 1:00 p.m. ET
        01/06/12 vs. Robert Morris Providence, R.I. 7:00 p.m. ET
        01/07/12 vs. Robert Morris Providence, R.I. 1:00 p.m. ET
        01/15/12 vs. Northeastern * The Bog, Kingston Mass. 4:00 p.m. ET
        01/20/12 at Boston College * Chestnut, Hill, Mass. 7:00 p.m. ET
        01/22/12 at Maine * Orono, ME 2:00 p.m. ET
        01/28/12 vs. Connecticut * Providence, RI 2:00 p.m. ET
        01/29/12 at Connecticut * Storrs, Conn. 2:00 p.m. ET
        02/04/12 at Boston College * Chestnut, Hill, Mass. 2:00 p.m. ET
        02/11/12 at New Hampshire * Durham, N.H. 2:00 p.m. ET
        02/12/12 vs. New Hampshire * Providence, RI 2:00 p.m. ET
        02/17/12 vs. Northeastern * Providence, RI 7:00 p.m. ET
        02/18/12 at Northeastern * Boston, Mass. 4:00 p.m. ET
        __________________________________________________ ____________________________________
        2012 Women's Hockey East Tournament
        02/25/12 vs. Hockey East Quarterfinals Campus Sites TBA
        03/03/12 vs. Hockey East Semifinals Hyannis, Mass. TBA
        03/04/12 vs. Hockey East Championship Hyannis, Mass. TBA
        __________________________________________________ ____________________________________
        2012 Women's NCAA Tournament
        03/09/2012 NCAA Regional TBD TBA
        03/10/2012 NCAA Regional TBD TBA
        2012 Women's NCAA Frozen Four
        03/16/2012 NCAA Frozen Four - Amsoil Arena, Duluth, MN TBA
        03/18/2012 NCAA Frozen Four - Amsoil Arena, Duluth, MN TBA
        Last edited by joehockey; 06-17-2011, 08:27 AM.

Comment

Eight Women's Hockey Student-Athletes Named to Hockey East All-Academic Team
          Nearly half of 2010-11 roster recognized.

June 15, 2011

PROVIDENCE, R.I. - Eight members of the Providence College women's ice hockey team have been named to the Hockey East All-Academic Team for the 2010-11 season.

Junior defenseman Lauren Covell (Akron, Ohio) earned her third consecutive selection to the team.

Second-time honorees included senior defenseman Leigh Riley (Lexington, Mass.), junior defenseman Christie Jensen (Delta, B.C.), and sophomore forwards Jessica Cohen (Anchorage, Alaska) and Jessica Vella (Pickering, Ontario). Vella received the team's Academic Award at the Friars' end-of-season banquet last month.

Junior winger Laura Veharanta (La Verne, Calif.) landed on her first conference All-Academic squad, as did freshman blueliner Rebecca Morse (Westfield, N.J.) and rookie goaltender Nina Riley (Lexington, Mass.).

To earn the recognition, a student-athlete must achieve at least a 3.0 Grade Point Average in each of the two academic semesters during which she was competing.

It is the third season in a row the Friars have had at least eight members on the All- Academic Team.

- Go Friars -

Great Job!

Comment

The 2012-13 thread is reporting a great pick up for Providence Molly Illikainen from Grand Rapids Greenway in Northern MN "The Range" .

Molly is a National caliber player and one of the top MN forwards in this class. In 28 games as a junior she scored 19 goals and had 49 total points. She has explosive speed, great playmaking skills and the ability to score. In the summer she plays for the MN Jr Whitecaps the same program that current Friars Buie and Pendleton played for.

She is a great kid, multi-sport athlete, top student and citizen - her dad played for the UND Sioux and has been very involved in the girls game in MN. Her sister Morgan is an incoming freshman D at Dartmouth.

Great job on landing this top player - she may attract others!

Other comments from the 2012-2013 thread
            __________________________________________________ ________________________
            Re: D1 Commitments 2012-2013
            From Minnesota Girls High School Hockey forum, 2012-2013 commitment thread:

Congrats to Molly Illikainen, GRG Lightning....committed to Providence! Plays mostly...if not exclusively at F position I believe. "GRG" is Grand Rapids / Greenway, her high school team. Could actually be from one of a few smaller neighboring cities. Not sure on home town exactly. I'm sure someone that reads this will know. MINNESOTA HOCKEY Reply Reply With Quote .
            --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Today 09:20 AM #93 WCHFan
            View Profile View Forum Posts Add as Contact Send Email

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes, she is from Grand Rapids, Minnesota and she a forward. Her sister is Morgan a defender who is a 11/12 Dartmouth recuit. Both nice players. Reply Reply With Quote .
            Today 09:49 AM #94 ARM
            View Profile View Forum Posts Add as Contact Send Email

Inspiring use of "ignore".

Originally Posted by brookyone
            Congrats to Molly Illikainen, GRG Lightning....committed to Providence!
            What I'll always remember about her is a state tournament game when she was I believe an 8th grader. She collided heavily with the boards and suffered a fracture in the leg or ankle. Play continued, and she managed to get up and skate to her bench on the far side of the ice, displaying toughness for one so young. Coach Deraney seems to get a lot of kids out of the top half of Minnesota HS recruiting classes.

Comment

http://www.usahockey.com/Template_Us...1_08&id=305368

2011 Girls Select 16/17 All-Star Rosters & Recap

Rosters below

Molly Illikainen scored two goals as Team White defeated Team Blue 4-3 in the USA Hockey Select 16-17 Development Camp All-Star game Thursday morning at the National Hockey Center.

Team White got on the board first on a first-period goal by Alex Carpenter before Team Blue tied the game on a goal by Kate Schipper midway through the second period. Illikainen then scored at 11:37 and at 16:01 of the second period to put Team White ahead to stay.

Team White also got a goal from Miye D'oench while Team Blue got goals from Haley Skarupa and Rebecca Russo.

Blue - 0-2-1--3
              White - 1-2-1--4

FIRST PERIOD — SCORING: 1. White, Alex Carpenter (MaryAnne Kennedy-Menefee), 2:50. PENALTIES: 1. Blue Lexi Romanchuk, Tripping, 5:01.

SECOND PERIOD — SCORING: 2. Blue, Kate Schipper (Demi Crossman) 9:46 3. White, Molly Illikainen (Courtney Burke) 11:37. 4. White, Illikainen (Cassidy Tucker), 16:01. 5. Haley Skarupa (Dana Travigno), 17:36, ppg. PENALTIES: 2. White, Kelsey Cline, Tripping, 1:51. 3. Blue, Rebecca Russo, Body Checking, 5:17. 4. Lee Stecklein, Body Checking, 6:42. 5. Blue, Schipper, Slashing, 15:31. 6. White, Kate Flug, Hooking, 17:17.

THIRD PERIOD — SCORING: 6. White, Miye D'oench (Flug, Jordan Juron) 4:13. 7. Blue, Russo (Samantha Lashomb) 17:58. PENALTIES: 7. Blue, Paige Haley, Interference, 8:00 8. White, Juron, Body Checking, 16:40

SHOTS ON GOAL — Blue 7-10-10 White 9-14-8

GOALTENDING — Blue: Alexis Shaw 8-0-0, Celine Whitlinger 0-12-0, Megan Miller 0-0-7. White: Allison Morse 7-0-0, Madison Litchfield 0-8-0, Sidney Peters 0-0-9

POWER PLAYS — Blue 0-of-3, White 1-of-4

White team

Goalie - Sidney Peters
              Goalie - Allison Morse
              Goalie - Madison Litchfield
              Defense - Courtney Burke
              Defense - Jordan Hampton
              Defense - Briana Mastel
              Defense - Natasha Rachlin
              Defense - Kelsey Cline
              Defense - Jennifer Godin
              Forward - MaryAnne Kennedy-Menefee
              Forward - Alex Carpenter
              Forward - Anne Pankowski
              Forward - Sydney Daniels
              Forward - Miye D'oench
              Forward - Kate Flug
              Forward - Kayla Gardner
              Forward - Dani Cameranesi
              Forward - Jordan Juron
              Forward - Cassidy Tucker
              Forward - Molly Illikainen
              Forward - Bridget Baker

Blue Team

Goalie - Megan Miller
              Goalie - Alexis Shaw
              Goalie - Celine Whitlinger
              Defense - Lee Stecklein
              Defense - Kaliya Johnson
              Defense - Samantha Lashomb
              Defense - Gracen Hirschy
              Defense - Lexi Romanchuk
              Defense - Paige Haley
              Forward - Paige Savage
              Forward - Dana Travigno
              Forward - Haley Skarupa
              Forward - Rebecca Russo
              Forward - Demi Crossman
              Forward - Kate Schipper
              Forward - Molly Doner
              Forward - Cara Piazza
              Forward - Meghan Grieves
              Forward - Amy Menke
              Forward - Dakota Woodworth
              Forward - Melissa Piacentini

Comment

Saw this news release in Minnesota. Lexi is top defender for one of the leading HS programs in MN Centennial and plays on the MN Jr Whitecaps in the summer. For Centennial HS she scored 4 G and 9 A in 26 games as a junior.

http://presspubs.com/articles/2011/0...9964595277.txt

Lexi Slattery a future Friar
                Published:
                Tuesday, July 12, 2011 3:39 PM CDT
                CIRCLE PINES — With a goal of putting an end to much of the recruitment process, Centennial Senior High girl's hockey standout Lexi Slattery has decided to cast her lot and tote her gear bag off to Providence, R.I.

The senior-to-be has given an oral commitment to attend the school in the fall of 2012 and play hockey for the Friars' womens hockey team.

Defenseman Slattery has been a steady force on the Cougar blue line the past two seasons, and has also garnered attention at the USA Hockey National Select Camp for the U-16 Minnesota team.

"My final three choices were Bemidji State, Providence, and Colgate," she offered. "Each school is so different, but I liked all three of them very much. I really like the fact that all of the (Hockey East Conference) schools are so close together."

Slattery added that she also considered Robert Morris College and the University of Connecticut, where big sister Jocie played her freshman season last year for the Huskies' women's hockey team.

"We'll get a chance to play (U Conn) three times a year because they are in our conference," Slattery said. "That's something I'm looking forward to. The conference is also very competitive, there's no one or two teams that dominate. I like that."
                Last edited by joehockey; 07-16-2011, 07:42 AM.

Comment

Women's Ice Hockey Announces the Signing of Three Student-Athletes

Friars add Hillary Drake, Suzie Lundeen and Victoria Virtue to class of 2015.
                  July 13, 2011

PROVIDENCE, R.I. - Providence College women's ice hockey Head Coach Bob Deraney and his coaching staff have announced the signing of three additional players to the class of 2015. The Friars will welcome goaltender Hillary Drake (Mosinee, Wis.), forward/defenseman Suzie Lundeen (Edina, Minn.) and defenseman Victoria Virtue (Walpole, Mass.) for the 2011-2012 academic year.

"We're very excited to add these terrific young ladies and very talented hockey players to our program," said Deraney, the 2010 and 2011 Women's Hockey East Coach of the Year.

Hillary Drake, Goaltender, Mosinee, Wis. - The 5-foot-6 Drake has earned the Jessie Vetter Award as the top high school netminder in the state of Wisconsin for the last two seasons. During her senior campaign with the Central Wisconsin Storm, she went 24-2 with 18 shutouts and a save percentage of .971.

"Hillary is athletic and explosive and she adds another quality goalie to our program," said Deraney. "We feel we've solidified our goaltending well into the future with her addition."

Suzie Lundeen, Forward/Defenseman, Edina, Minn. - Lundeen is a 5-foot-6 left-shot that can play forward or defense. This past season, she tallied 18 points and registered a plus/minus rating of +8 in 31 games, leading Edina High School to the Minnesota Class AA Championship game.

"Suzie is a very competitive, versatile player," explained the Friar Coach. "We'll be looking to delve into her versatility and aggressiveness. Very few teams have a player with Suzie's skill set."

Victoria Virtue, Defenseman, Walpole, Mass. - The 5-foot-9 Virtue served as a co-captain at the Winchendon School in Winchendon, Mass. this past season. She recorded totals of seven goals and 11 assists in 25 games on the Wapiti blueline.

"Victoria has the potential to be a very talented, offensive defenseman," said Deraney. "Her size and offensive ability allow her to be a typical hybrid defenseman in our system."

The three additions will join early signees Haley Frade (Marion, Mass.), Beth Hanrahan (Poolesville, Md.), Allison Micheletti (Inver Grove Heights, Minn.) and Brooke Simpson (Boxborough, Mass.), bringing the total number of incoming Friars to seven.
                  "They're not only bringing talent and character, but a competitive nature that fits in perfectly with our culture," added the coach. "We're excited to not only welcome them, but their families as well."

- Go Friars -
                  __________________________________________________ _________________________________________

Projected Roster (returnees and announcements - Not Official)

Number NAME HT POS Class Of Hometown/Last School
                  Defense -7
                  5 Christie Jensen 5/5 Defense 2012 Delta, B.C./South Delta Secondary
                  10 Jennifer Friedman 5/11 Defense 2012 San Gabriel, Calif./Gabrielino
                  8 Lauren Covell 5/7 Defense/Forward 2012 Akron, Ohio/Green High School
                  2 Maggie Pendleton 5/10 Defense 2014 Woodbury, Minn. Hill Murray School
                  7 Rebecca Morse 5/8 Defense 2014 Westfield, N.J. National Sports Academy
                  Victoria Virtue 5/9 Defense 2015 Walpole, Mass., Winchendon School

Forward - 15
                  6 Laura Veharanta 5/6 Forward 2012 La Verne, Calif./Bonita High School
                  14 Abby Gauthier 5/4 Forward 2012 Lynn, Mass./St. Mary's High School
                  16 Ashley Cottrell 5/6 Forward 2012 Sterling Heights, Mich./Lawrence Academy
                  15 Kate Bacon 5/6 Forward 2012 Chanhassen, Minn./Benilde St. Margaret's School
                  12 Jessica Vella 5/2 Forward 2013 Pickering, Ontario/St. Mary's Catholic Secondary
                  22 Jessica Cohen 5/7 Forward 2013 Anchorage, Alaska/Shattuck St. Mary's
                  20 Nicole Anderson 6/1 Forward 2013 Jordan, Minn./Shakopee High
                  18 Emily Groth 5/6 Forward/Defense 2013 Monona, Wis./Monona Grove High
                  11 Corinne Buie 5/9 Forward 2014 Edina, Minn.
                  9 Stephanie DeMars 5/7 Forward 2015 Redshirt Vermontville, N.Y. National Sports Academy
                  Haley Frade 5/8 Forward 2015 Marion, Mass, Tabor Academy Mass Spitfires
                  Brooke Simpson 5/8 Forward 2015 Lawrence Academy, Assabet Valley
                  Allison Micheletti 5/7 Forward 2015 Inver Grove Heights, Rosemount HS
                  Beth Hanrahan 5/8 Forward 2015 Poolesville, MD National Sports Academy
                  Suzy Lundeen 5/6 Forward/Defense 2015 Edina, MN, Edina HS

Goal - 3
                  27 Genevieve Lacasse 5/8 Goaltender 2012 Scarborough, Ontario/Marian High School
                  1 Nina Riley 5/7 Goaltender 2014 Lexington, Mass., Assabet Valley
                  Hillary Drake 5/6 Goaltender 2015 Mosinee, WI, Central Wisconsin Storm HS Coop
                  Last edited by joehockey; 07-18-2011, 12:25 PM.

Comment

Re: Beantown Women's Classic (College Division) - Good turn out of Friar's in the Tournament

Adirondack Elite
                    Jersey # Position First Name Last Name Birth Year
                    1 G Paige Sasser 1992
                    2 D Victoria Smith 1991
                    4 D Alyssa Parke 1993
                    6 D Kaillie Goodnough 1993
                    7 D Rebecca Morse 1992
                    8 F Celeste Brown 1992
                    9 F Stephanie DeMars 1992
                    10 F Brittany Moorehead 1992
                    11 D Lindsey Spatola 1993
                    12 F Jamie Goldsmith 1990
                    14 F Margot Scharfe 1991
                    15 F Beth Hanrahan 1993
                    18 D Brittney Krebs 1992
                    19 F
                    20 F Emily Laurenzi 1993
                    21 F Jessica Harvey 1993
                    30 G Carmen Aguiirre 1993
                    31 G Carly Dominick-Sobol 1990

Belle Tire
                    2 F Shannon Yoxheimer 93
                    4 F Katelyn Sdcott 93
                    17 F Taylor Strazzulla 94
                    18 F Emly Flom 93
                    7 F Jenn Lawrence 92
                    13 F Vika Mykolenko 90
                    3 F Michelle NG 90
                    5 F Annemarie NG 94
                    12 F Whitney Kennedy 90
                    13 D Aurora Kennedy 92
                    16 D Heather Grant 90
                    11 D Sara Schmitt 93
                    20 D Kari Schmitt 93
                    10 D Katelyn Martini 94
                    1 G Victoria Vigilante 90

Beantown Prospects
                    D Bridgit Conors 1992
                    D Caroline Broderick 1992
                    D Carolyn Fuwa 1993
                    D Colleen Murphy 1993
                    D Kayla Lascelle 1992
                    D Maddie Tank 1993
                    F Danelle Im 1993
                    F Emily Baxter 1991
                    F Jenna Lascelle 1993
                    F JJ Kfoury 1990
                    F Jordan Baum 1991
                    F Laura DiCarlo 1990
                    G Kaitlyn Smith 1990

Blizzard
                    D Ashley Johnston 1992
                    D Kelly McGrath 1993
                    D Christie Jensen 1990
                    D Victoria Leimgardt 1994
                    D Rebecca Rosen
                    D Carling Wright
                    F Ashley Furia 1991
                    F Brooke Simpson 1993
                    F Kendra Broad 1991
                    F Kate Leary 1993
                    F Haley Frade 1993
                    G Liberty McKague 1994
                    F Whitney Colbort
                    Sarah Kohn
                    Celia Colmen
                    G Katie Vaughan 1992

Cheli's Chili Chicks
                    Fwd Hillary Knight 1989
                    Fwd Madison Packer 1991
                    Fwd Meghan Duggan 1987
                    Fwd Brianna Decker 1991
                    Fwd Geena Prough 1990
                    Fwd Carla Pentimone 1987
                    Fwd Erika Lawler 1989
                    Fwd Ashley Cottrell 1990
                    Def Caitlyn Cahow 1985
                    Def Kasey Bellamy 1987
                    Def Josephine Pucci 1990
                    Goalie Geneveive LaCasse 1989

Clawdawgs
                    21 d Makenzie Roy 1990
                    15 d Nadine Cunningham 1991
                    16 d Kristen Beckman 1992
                    10 d Cait Moccaldi 1992
                    5 d/f Mary Fusco 1991
                    13 f Meghan Willett 1989
                    27 f Leah Crabtree 1989
                    11 f Meghan McMahon 1991
                    9 f Steph Strouse 1991
                    23 f Alicia DiCenzo 1992
                    2 f Brit Dellechiae 1992
                    18 f/d Sam Schoeneberger 1991
                    33 g Moe Bradley 1992
                    D Courtney May 93

District 5
                    D Sasha Nanji 2013
                    F Kelly Foley 2012
                    F Reagan Fischer 2013
                    D Margaux Sharp 2013
                    F Sally Komarek 2013
                    D Lisa Berreman 2013
                    F Jessica Gagner 2013
                    F Ali Winkel 2014
                    F Jenna Hobeika 2013
                    G Whitney Woodcox 2013
                    F Cam Dumais 2013
                    F Amanda Trunzo 2011
                    F Brittany Mills 2013
                    F Erica Dobos 2012
                    F Alyssa Boehm 2011
                    F/D Kara Lehman

Fiery Ficus
                    Braidie Campbell
                    Kate Dennett
                    Josie Fisher
                    Courtney Hanlon
                    Lindsay Harrington
                    Michelle McGann
                    Kaitlyn McInnis
                    Molly Malloy
                    Alyssa Chwick
                    Stephanie Clegg
                    Julia Koch
                    Ashley Salerno
                    Randi Zukas
                    Caroline Hu
                    Kerri Stuart

Mid Jersey Rockets
                    2 D Chelsea Caracciolo 1992
                    3 F Christie Cicero 1992
                    4 F Lauren Jones 1991
                    6 F Miye D'Oench 1994
                    7 F Lauren Wash 1994
                    8 F Maggie Rothgery 1993
                    11 F Tracy McCann 1992
                    22 F Emily Auerbacher 1992
                    23 D Nicole Melchione 1992
                    25 F Kaleigh Chippy 1992
                    26 D Melanie West 1992
                    30 G Romana Kiapesova 1994
                    31 G Karissa Grapp 1992
                    AP D Shelby Labe 1994

Missfits
                    7 d Jordan Hampton 1994
                    6 d Courtney Burke 1994
                    8 f Dana Travigno 1994
                    15 f Rebecca Russo 1994
                    12 f Nicole Ferrara
                    16 f Laurie Kingsbury 1992
                    4 f Julie Knerr 1993
                    30 g Shenae Lundberg 1993
                    2 f Shiann Darkangelo 1993
                    11 d Alexis Crossley 1994
                    9 f Christina LaCombe 1993
                    10 d Allie LaCombe 1992
                    3 f Jenna Marks 1994
                    5 d Nicole Renault 1994
                    14 f/d Brooke Garzone 1993

Skudkin (Polar Stars)
                    g Braly Hiller 1992
                    f Jill Kirchner 1988
                    d Anya Battaglino 1991
                    f Jenelle Kohanchuk 1990
                    d Kasey Boucher 1990
                    f Shannon Mahoney 1989
                    f Jenn Wakefield 1989
                    f Holly Lorms 1988
                    d Ann Doherty 1992
                    d Alannah Wakefield 1991
                    f Bray Ketchum
                    f Megan Shea 1989
                    f Mary Restuccia 1990
                    d Sasha Sherry 1990
                    f Jackie Solomito 1990
                    f Cristina Wiley 1991

Team Athletic Republic
                    3 D Nicole Paulides
                    6 D Brittney Huneke
                    4 D Ashley Norum
                    7 D Jessica Hall
                    21 F Dawn Sullivan
                    20 F Randi Sullivan
                    11 F Kelly McDonald
                    22 F Brianne Kilgour
                    18 F Melissa Denk
                    34 F Tori Pasquariello
                    17 F Jenny More
                    2 F Danielle Ward
                    30 G Brittney Ott
                    33 G Meghann Tracy
                    12 F Nikola Tomigova

Team **** Back
                    56 F Jess Koizumi
                    10 F Brittany Ammerman
                    27 F Julie Chu
                    27 F Emmanuelle Blais
                    44 F Caroline Ouellette
                    6 F Jess Tyra
                    2 F Kelly Nash
                    7 F Kelly Steadman 1990
                    9 F Carolyne Prevost
                    34 F Abby Gauthier
                    21 D Gabie Figuroa
                    5 D Steph McKeough
                    26 D Jody Holland
                    3 F Liz Keady
                    8 D Erica Kromm
                    4 D Brittany Haverstock
                    35 G Laura Chamberlain

Tom's Sporting Goods (Northeastern)
                    10 Lindsay Berman F
                    24 Leanna Coskren D
                    18 Siena Falino F
                    9 Casie Fields D
                    20 Alisa Harrison F
                    3 Annie Hogan F
                    17 Katelynn Laffin F 1984
                    1 Kristen Maxwell G
                    19 Hayley Moore F
                    6 Erin Normore D
                    14 Casey Pickett F
                    2 Dani Rylan D
                    26 Britt Simpson D
                    7 Shannon Sisk F
                    91 Maggie Suprey F
                    12 Kim Weiss F
                    8 Alyssa Wohlfeiler F

Comment

Bob Deraney Inks Contract Extension As Women's Ice Hockey Coach
                      Deraney will remain with the Friars through 2017.
                      Aug. 1, 2011

PROVIDENCE, R.I. - Providence College Associate Vice President/Athletics Director Robert G. Driscoll, Jr. announced that Head Women's Ice Hockey Coach Bob Deraney has signed a multi-year contract extension to remain with the Friars through 2017. Driscoll made the announcement on August 1.

"Bob Deraney is one of the top women's hockey coaches in the nation and we are fortunate to have him as our head coach," Driscoll said. "He does a great job leading our student-athletes. We are excited about the future of our women's hockey program and its continued success."

Deraney has been named the Women's Hockey East Coach of the Year, as well as a finalist for the National Coach of the Year, during the last two seasons.

The fifth head coach in program history, Deraney is preparing for his 13th season leading the Friars. During his tenure, Providence has compiled an impressive 227-151-48 record for a winning percentage of .589. He is just 37 wins shy of tying John Marchetti for the most coaching victories in program history.

In 12 years, Deraney and the Friars have enjoyed numerous highlights. The program has earned four conference championships, including the first three Women's Hockey East titles, and three regular season crowns. Also under his tutelage, the Friars are the only Women's Hockey East program to advance to at least the semifinals in each of the conference's nine seasons. Deraney also oversaw the program's 600th victory. Providence joined New Hampshire as the only NCAA women's programs to reach the milestone.

"I would like to thank Father Shanley and Bob Driscoll for allowing me to continue in my current position as head women's ice hockey coach at Providence College," said Deraney. "The last 12 years have been a tremendous privilege and I thank them for the opportunity. We have unfinished business in our program and I look forward to working with them to pursue and achieve our ultimate goal, winning a national championship for Providence College."

In addition to team success, Deraney also has coached four Olympians, including current Friar Assistant Coach Karen Thatcher, and five First-Team All-Americans (who combined to earn the honor seven times) and 24 Hockey East All Stars. He has mentored 83 ECAC or Hockey East All-Academic Team honorees.
                      The West Roxbury, Mass. native and his wife, Michelle, have two daughters, Danielle and Alexa. The family currently resides in Shrewsbury, Mass.

- FRIARS -

Comment

And then there were 3 - Lexi Romanchuk - D San Jose Jr Sharks joins Minnesotans F Molly Illikainen and D Lexi Slattery

Romanchuk looks like another great recruit headed to PC in the fall of 2012! Lexi is the sister of current Princeton Captian and National Level player Paula Romanchuk. Lexi's father Rod was a top player at Wisconsin and part of the '77 National Championship Team.

http://sjjrsharks.com/news/romanchuk...-to-providence

Romanchuk Commits to ProvidencePublished August 02, 2011 00:00

The Jr. Sharks are proud to announce that Lexi Romanchuk, a 94 birth year, has made an early commitment to Providence College in Rhode Island. Romanchuk, a defenseman who has played for the Jr. Sharks program for six years starting at 10U in the girls' program.

Lexi garnered a fair amount of interest from her play at Nationals and then backed it up with a strong National Development camp. This impressive showing led to a full scholarship offer.

Romanchuk says of her recruiting experience, "when Coach Deraney offered me a full ride to play at his school, I was so happy. It has always been my dream to play Division 1 hockey, and I'm excited that I will be playing at Providence. Providence was always at the top of my list, and after visiting I was sure I wanted to go there."

Lexi is the 43rd San Jose Jr. Shark from the girls' program that have committed to play, who have played or currently play at the collegiate level. Eleven of those young women have played for D1 schools.

Romanchuk adds "my years as a Shark have been great, and I thank my parents, coaches, and teammates for all their support and help."

Congratulations Lexi and to the Romanchuk family. The Jr. Sharks are proud to have been a part of your hockey career.
                        Last edited by joehockey; 08-19-2011, 10:36 AM.

Comment

Congratulations, Genevieve!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Women's Ice Hockey Goalie Genevieve Lacasse Named to Canadian National Team

Aug. 16, 2011

PROVIDENCE, R.I. - Providence College senior goaltender Genevieve Lacasse (Kingston, Ontario) will make her Canadian National Team debut later this month at the International Ice Hockey Federation's Eight Nation's Women's Tournament. The competition will take place August 24 to September 3 in Vierumaki, Finland.

For Lacasse, the national team berth is the latest in a series of international accomplishments. Earlier this year, she led the Canadian Under-22 National Team to the gold medal in the MLP Cup, stopping every shot she faced while earning three victories in net.

Lacasse is already one of the most prolific goaltenders in Friar history. During the last collegiate campaign, she became the Providence College record holder in career saves (2,582) and saves in a season (948). She also broke the Hockey East mark for saves in a tournament contest, halting 58 in the semifinal, overtime loss to eventual champion, Boston College.

According to Hockey Canada, the Eight Nation's tournament will serve as an evaluation of national team candidates for the upcoming season, including the 2012 World Championships in Burlington, Vermont. Lacasse is one of three goaltenders on the roster.

Comment

My congrats to Ms. Lacasse. She certainly is a great goaltender, and has always been gracious off the ice as well.
                            "A ROCK BAND IS NOT A PERFECT DEMOCRACY. IT'S LIKE A SPORTS TEAM. NO ONE CAN DO WITHOUT THE OTHER, BUT EVERYBODY DOESN'T GET TO TOUCH THE BALL ALL THE TIME." Don Henley

Comment

Originally posted by DC78-82 View Post
                              My congrats to Ms. Lacasse. She certainly is a great goaltender, and has always been gracious off the ice as well.
                              Agreed! She is great on and off the ice! I have not seen another College Goaltender in the Women's game handle the puck and almost become a 6th attacker as well as Lacasse does.

Comment

Working...
                              X