Repeat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Repeat?

Which teams have the best chance of repeating their conference titles, and why??... Let the arguments begin

Re: Repeat?

Norwich - yes
    St. Norbert - no
    Oswego - maybe if they had covered the guy in the slot, I would have gotten this one right
    Bowdoin - hazy
    Elmira - by default
    Fitchburg - no
    Curry - maybe
    Adrian - should
    Hamline - dunno
    Last edited by joecct; 06-09-2011, 04:48 PM.
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
      Norwich - yes
      St. Norbert - no
      Oswego - maybe
      Bowdoin - hazy
      Elmira - by default
      Fitchburg - no
      Curry - maybe
      Adrian - should
      Hamline - dunno
      Oswego - maybe IF they had won the SUNYAC - but they didn't Plattsburgh did and will likely do it again.
      Larry Normandin
      SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
      WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Originally posted by norm1909 View Post
        Oswego - maybe IF they had won the SUNYAC - but they didn't Plattsburgh did and will likely do it again.
        Oswego did win the conference regular season title, but they didn't win the conference tournament.
        Jim Reisdorf
        Standing on the Rail #59

jim@loremans.com contact me for all your custom embroidery, engraving and screen printing needs! check out our website... www.loremans.com

Romney will be missed by all that have been there for the great match ups between Platty and 'Wego!!!

After Closing out Romney the right way, We opened the new rink the right way.... another loss for the Lakers!

St. Louis is a BUM!!!!

Go Sabres!!!

Comment

Norwich - yes
          St. Norbert - no
          Oswego - maybe if they had covered the guy in the slot, I would have gotten this one right
          Bowdoin - hazy
          Elmira - by default
          Fitchburg - no
          Curry - maybe
          Adrian - should
          Hamline - dunno
          An abrupt no under St. Norbert?

Interesting considering they have dominated the NCHA for the most part for over a decade.
          The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
          "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
          GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
          GO LAKERS!!!
          GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
          "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
          Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post

Interesting considering they have dominated the NCHA for the most part for over a decade.
            This is another transition year like they had between Kyle Jones and B.J. O'Brien.
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids
            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

I keep forgetting St. Norbert had that "bad" year by their standards in 2009.

Shucks they still won 19 games too. Just crazy how consistently great they have been for so long.
              GO LAKERS!!!
              "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
              Oswego State '09

Comment

I keep forgetting St. Norbert had that "bad" year by their standards in 2009.

Shucks they still won 19 games too. Just crazy how consistently great they have been for so long.
                From what I have heard a third goalie will be on SNC's roster at the start of the season, who (not yet announced) might allow for a smoother transition than we experienced from 08 to 09. Time will tell!!
                SNC Men:
                Five Time National Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014. 2018....
                NCHA Champions: 1997, 1998, 1999, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017. 2018, 2019...
                SNC Women:
                O'Brien Cup Champions: 2013.

Comment

I don't see how Elmira is going to repeat "by default". I think its going to be very tough to repeat.

Manhattanville always has a good team and they choked in-conference after killing it out of conference, they were ranked #4 at one point and beat Norwich.

Hobart has a decent team especially with Broadwater in net.

Utica is on the up evidenced by this year and with Coffman who is posting very nice numbers(over 100 points in just 3 years) entering his senior year.

Neumann is always around and always are dangerous.

Elmira remember had a very poor first two months going 4-4-2 which was highlighted by losing to Skidmore then went on an absolute tear in the 2nd half going 11-0-1 before losing their next game. It would be hard to repeat that performance.

The key for all these 5 teams will be who will be coming in. And there are questions for all 5. Will Manhattanville have someone to replace Mickey Lang? Can Hobart replace the production of Matt Wallace? Will Utica continue to rise? Will Neumann find consistent offense and play better defense? Can MacDonald replicate his spectacular sophomore season?

That being said, I think Elmira certainly looks like they will be the best choice to win the ECAC-W but I don't think they will.

Comment

Uhh, yeah. Write off St. Norbert at your own peril.

As for the MCHA, it's a 3-horse race between MSOE, Adrian and Marian. MSOE returns the league's POY and likely runner-up in Jordan Keizer. Marian was the only team to beat Adrian in conference last year. Adrian's got a good chunk of returning defensemen, as well as their top two centers returning along with a few experienced forwards. There's a chance that we're not going to see the eye-popping dominance in the league that we have the last four years, but anyone who thinks they're going to fall off the face of the earth is delusional.
                    FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Norwich - yes
                      St. Norbert - no
                      Bowdoin - hazy vacated no
                      Elmira - by default
                      Fitchburg - no
                      Curry - maybe
                      Adrian - should
                      Hamline - dunno
                      fixed your post
                      Last edited by NUProf; 06-10-2011, 05:38 AM.
                      2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                      2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                      2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                      2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                        Uhh, yeah. Write off St. Norbert at your own peril.
                        There was no writing off of the Green Knights on my part.

I have come to expect St. Norbert to win the NCHA every season and make the Frozen Four pretty much four out of every five years.

It's just what they do. Win, and Dominate the west.
                        GO LAKERS!!!
                        Oswego State '09

Comment

I wasn't implying you said anything of the sort. It was more of an agreement re: your post.
                          FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Working...
                          X