Bentley Falcons Official 2011-2012 Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bentley Falcons Official 2011-2012 Thread

Hot rumor is saying that the schedule for next year will include a road game on New Year's Day at Yale and a game up at Mullins Center against UMass. Ambitious to say the least and interesting approach by some high power, high profile teams to schedule an AHA opponent.
    Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose.

STAY UP #94 #58

Re: Bentley Falcons Official 2011-2012 Thread

Bentley Schedule so far:

10/14 @ UMass Amherst
    10/25 @ Sacred Heart
    11/12 @ Army
    12/2, 12/3 hosting Niagara
    1/1 @ Yale
    2/3 @ Sacred Heart
    2/4 hosting Sacred Heart

check the link in my signature for updates!
    Atlantic Hockey Composite schedule: www.tinyurl.com/AHAcomp2
    College Hockey America (Women) Composite Schedule: www.tinyurl.com/CHAWcomp

RIT Tigers
    Men's Atlantic Hockey Champions 2010 2015 2016
    Men's Frozen Four 2010
    Women's College Hockey America Champions 2014 2015
    Women's DIII National Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by mar7967 View Post
      Bentley Schedule so far:

10/14 @ UMass Amherst
      10/25 @ Sacred Heart
      11/12 @ Army
      1/1 @ Yale
      2/3 @ Sacred Heart
      2/4 hosting Sacred Heart

Can't wait to see the other non-conference games. Anybody else heard anything about any games that might be posted? Yale is certainly the most ambitious and biggest name so far. It would be a huge boost to the program to get out there and play these teams, especially given that they were so up-and-down last year.

STAY UP #94 #58

Comment

Originally posted by Humanoid View Post
        Can't wait to see the other non-conference games. Anybody else heard anything about any games that might be posted? Yale is certainly the most ambitious and biggest name so far. It would be a huge boost to the program to get out there and play these teams, especially given that they were so up-and-down last year.
        You should have one @ RPI.

RIT Tigers
        Men's Frozen Four 2010

Comment

Bentley Schedule so far:

10/14 @ UMass Amherst
          10/25 @ Sacred Heart
          11/12 @ Army
          1/1 @ Yale
          2/3 @ Sacred Heart
          2/4 hosting Sacred Heart

Very odd scheduling of the three games with Sacred Heart (i.e., why not have SH travel to Bentley on October 25th, and Bentley stay over in Milford for two on February 3rd-4th?). I cannot travel to Milford on October 25th because I am teaching until 6:15; bah, humbug!

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
            Very odd scheduling of the three games with Sacred Heart (i.e., why not have SH travel to Bentley on October 25th, and Bentley stay over in Milford for two on February 3rd-4th?). I cannot travel to Milford on October 25th because I am teaching until 6:15; bah, humbug!
            AHA likes the home-and-homes whenever possible within the 'pods'

RIT Tigers
            Men's Frozen Four 2010

Comment

AHA likes the home-and-homes whenever possible within the 'pods'
              Agreed. The home and home balances the scheduling very nicely. It prevents a team from having 2 home games too early in the season against a team, and down the stretch it prevents a team from having too great of an advantage.

I don't have the stat, but I think with the exception of Air Force, everybody played home and homes down the stretch last year within their pods. It provided some great thrills for playoff seeding.

I do wish they'd change the seeding criteria. It weighs too heavily in favor of the eastern schools by giving them that bye. Either that or just make the conference two divisions officially.

STAY UP #94 #58

Comment

Agreed. The home and home balances the scheduling very nicely. It prevents a team from having 2 home games too early in the season against a team, and down the stretch it prevents a team from having too great of an advantage.

I don't have the stat, but I think with the exception of Air Force, everybody played home and homes down the stretch last year within their pods. It provided some great thrills for playoff seeding.

I do wish they'd change the seeding criteria. It weighs too heavily in favor of the eastern schools by giving them that bye. Either that or just make the conference two divisions officially.
                It was already announced that the east/west difference in terms of playoffs was let go. They're going to 1-12, top 4 regardless of east/west gets byes.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                  It was already announced that the east/west difference in terms of playoffs was let go. They're going to 1-12, top 4 regardless of east/west gets byes.
                  Link?

I got a little bit wrapped up in life to read up..

STAY UP #94 #58

Comment

Link?

I got a little bit wrapped up in life to read up..
                    http://www.atlantichockeyonline.com/...playoffs051811

RIT Tigers
                    Men's Frozen Four 2010

Comment

Assuming that home ice is an advantage, which it has not been for the Bentley Falcons in recent seasons, such as is with the JAR (i.e., usually more fans cheering on the visiting team than the home team). I guess that I am used to the two back-to-back home games in one weekend for the long-drive Hockey East match ups, such as UNH against UVM and Maine. The one eastern pod exception for Bentley last season was their two games at West Point the last weekend of January. One might make the argument that the team on a two-game weekend away has the advantage by staying together overnight for the bonding experience, which I suppose might be more useful early in the season, such as with the Boston Bruins in Europe last October.

Comment

Thank you!

STAY UP #94 #58

Comment

RIT doesn't do home-and-homes with Mercyhurst, Robert Morris, or Air Force.

RIT Tigers
                          Men's Frozen Four 2010

Comment

Does Clarkson owe you a visit??
                            CCT '77 & '78
                            4 kids
                            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                              Does Clarkson owe you a visit??
                              I know Bentley usually plays RPI, but I don't recall us ever going to Bentley. Do we know if that NC game is still on? It'd probably be a mid-week or Sunday on the week where we go to Notre Dame, either that or sometime in December, as we try to get a 4th game in there.

Comment

Working...
                              X