X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Off-Season Thread 2011 Part II: The Bryce is Right

One! We want more!!

Sieve!Sieve!Sieve!Sieve!Sieve!Sieve!Sieve!

Goooooooooooooooooal!!! Laliberté!!!
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I think that Ed Weaver wrote this.

It confused me when they wrote that there were 23 selections and then wrote that we had the second most (after Brown and QU) with 16. I then counted the list and there are actually 22. Assuming the list is correct (a big question, actually), we had the third most with 22. They might have gotten it correct if they had listed who didn't make it instead, but I can understand why they didn't do that.

Yea for grade inflation.

Edit: I won't begin to guess how they decided that the women had the 6th most.
      Last edited by Ralph Baer; 06-23-2011, 11:54 AM.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
        I think that Ed Weaver wrote this.

It confused me when they wrote that there were 23 selections and then wrote that we had the second most (after Brown and QU) with 16. I then counted the list and there are actually 22. Assuming the list is correct (a big question, actually), we had the third most with 22. They might have gotten it correct if they had listed who didn't make it instead, but I can understand why they didn't do that.

Yea for grade inflation.
        There's a period between "Rensselaer" and "Dartmouth", so we certainly didn't have 16.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
          There's a period between "Rensselaer" and "Dartmouth", so we certainly didn't have 16.
          Yes, they did get that part correct.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by JCrawford View Post
            This just in...

Name: Jacob Sebastien Laliberte
            Class: First-Year Student
            Curriculum: Business and Management
            Even with the stock market down terribly today-my day was just made. I really think we have the best recruitment class I have seen at RPI in over 25 years and we are going to show it to the rest of the NCAA beginning with the upcoming season. Let's Go Red!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
            Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

One! We want more!!

Sieve!Sieve!Sieve!Sieve!Sieve!Sieve!Sieve!

Goooooooooooooooooal!!! Laliberté!!!
              Just put this somewhere safe so you can use it many, many times in the next 4 years-I figure about 100 times should do it!

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                Just put this somewhere safe so you can use it many, many times in the next 4 years-I figure about 100 times should do it!
                Well, I hope they are not all "Goal Number 1" every time I use it.

A note, during the year, I go to the previous game's thread (unless it was a shutout ) to copy the goal-score code. I was too lazy to look for that thread, so I edited the one on my disk which had Brad Farynuk as the scorer.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Well, I hope they are not all "Goal Number 1" every time I use it.

A note, during the year, I go to the previous game's thread (unless it was a shutout ) to copy the goal-score code. I was too lazy to look for that thread, so I edited the one on my disk which had Brad Farynuk as the scorer.
                  I don't remember him scoring many goals, but I do remember him taking out his exam mark frustration on Ithaca divers...

(exam mark frustration remark coming from one of my friends that has some close ties with the team)

Comment

Originally posted by JCrawford View Post
                    This just in...

Name: Jacob Sebastien Laliberte
                    Class: First-Year Student
                    Curriculum: Business and Management
                    I think this deserves a Hail.
                    RPI Pep Band
                    GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
                    🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
                    2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
                    2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
                      I think this deserves a Hail.
                      Now we just need Ralph and/or FlagDUDE to update us daily with whether that changes or not.
                      Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                        Now we just need Ralph and/or FlagDUDE to update us daily with whether that changes or not.
                        If that changes I will be on heavy medication for a while.

Comment

Game On!!!!!
                          Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

Originally posted by ajt6954 View Post
                            at 20 North Broadway Tavern (next to Pinhead Susan's)...great place, great owners, awesome wings, and $2 Busch pounders!
                            Sounds great... do they sell beer there too?

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                              If that changes I will be on heavy medication for a while.
                              Me too.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I don't recall this article http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article...caa_prospects/ about the top NCAA draft prospects. PK is listed #5.

5. Patrick Koudys, D
                                Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
                                6'4/210 lbs.
                                Shoots: L
                                11/15/92
                                CS final ranking: 76th among North American skaters

Patrick Koudys was one of the youngest players in the NCAA this season and was somewhat of an unknown outside the RPI hockey community. But scouts have kept close tabs on the Smithville, ONT native and his progress. His strong showing at the recent NHL Draft Combine seems to have helped boost his stock a bit as well. And if what he has shown glimpses of at RPI this season is any indication, he looks to have a bright future ahead of him. Koudys (pronounced "cow-dice") played in 31 games for the Engineers, posting three points (one goal, two assists). His first and only collegiate goal came back on Dec. 4 versus Brown.

Koudys is a smart, hard-working defenseman with good size that could potentially blossom into an excellent two-way defenseman. The thing that immediately jumps out about Koudys is his size. At 18 years old, he already possesses a pro-style frame that simply needs to continue to develop and get stronger. He utilizes his frame and long reach quite effectively too. Where it is particularly noticeable is in one-on-one situations. During his first season at RPI, two areas where Koudys made great strides were in his shooting and being more physical. Koudys possesses a cannon-like shot that got better as the season went along. He also possesses remarkably good puck skills. He moves and distributes the puck quite well. And while it really didn't show on the stat sheet this season, Koudys does have some outstanding offensive ability that will become more evident as his collegiate career progresses. One area that Koudys will need to improve to be successful at the next level is his foot speed. He moves quite well for a big man, but lacks the necessary speed.

RPI head coach Seth Appert on Patrick Koudys: "I think at times, Patty was challenged by the speed, size and strength of the players at this level, but over the course of the season, he started catching up and became a very effective college defenseman. He's very impressive in his work ethic and attention to detail and those things are going to win out in the end. I think his talent, mind for the game, and work ethic are real special, and we're expecting great things from him in the next couple of years."
                                If I posted it before, I'll blame it on senility.
                                Last edited by Ralph Baer; 06-23-2011, 05:30 PM.
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X