This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Off-Season Thread 2011 Part II: The Bryce is Right

I would join in the conversation but I am under the influence of medication right now for a bad neuropathy and am only coherent for short spells of time. But i must admit that there is a certain blissful feeling that the medications give.
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
      I would join in the conversation but I am under the influence of medication right now for a bad neuropathy and am only coherent for short spells of time. But i must admit that there is a certain blissful feeling that the medications give.
      Given the nature of the conversation, the medication influence might improve it.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
        "Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so too." --Voltaire
        Voltaire also famously said "If man had no God, he would make a God for himself."
        "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Given the nature of the conversation, the medication influence might improve it.
          Bear in mind that you are an active member and, in part, the subject of said conversation.
          Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Speaking of Voltaire, there is a classic story that is ascribed to Voltaire, although it may be apocryphal (also, I realize that they originally spoke in French and what follows is a rough translation...)

Apparently the Marquis de Sade invited Voltaire to one of his, um, soirees, and to the surprise of all, Voltaire accepted. Not only that, but he participated in the evening's "festivities" with a great deal of enthusiasm as well.

At the end of the evening, the Marquis said, "So, Voltaire, given your enthusiastic participation tonight, can we expect you next week as well?"

Supposedly Voltaire replied, "No, absolutely not! Once is philosophy, but twice is perversion."
            "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by Timmah! View Post
              Actually, I live near Boston, so it's go Bruins right now......idiot.
              johnk winning friends and influencing people again. Timmah, I will have you know that johnk is friends with Ken Schott and knows alot about College Hockey and will threaten to beat you up in Sec 13 with his buddies if he doesn't like what you say.
              "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." --Evelyn Beatrice Hall

Comment

Oh, so people disagreeing with you acting like a know-it-all is now a First Amendment problem, I see.

Comment

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." --Evelyn Beatrice Hall
                    "Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall". Don't know how it applies but I love Reagan.

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
                      johnk winning friends and influencing people again. Timmah, I will have you know that johnk is friends with Ken Schott and knows alot about College Hockey and will threaten to beat you up in Sec 13 with his buddies if he doesn't like what you say.
                      Thanks for the warning.
                      RPI Pep Band Ex-Ex-Ex-...-Ex Conductor

RPI Hockey 1954, 1985
                      UConn Basketball 1999, 2004, 2011, 2014

Comment

turk I see you on the thread. What's up big guy?

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                          Thanks Dude, I appreciate the speculation. Now if the rest of you are finished with FlagDude, would you like to take a crack at what round Kasdorf might be taken?
                          I really didn't expect anyone to know exactly when he might be taken, but knowing that he is ranked 10th might give some indication of where that rank might put him in the grand scheme of things.
                          Last year, 19 goalies were taken. The 10th one went in approximately the late 5th round.

In 2009, 19 goalies were taken. The 10th one went in approximately the early 5th round.

In 2008, 21 goalies were taken. The 10th one went in approximately the middle of the 4th round.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                            Oh, so people disagreeing with you acting like a know-it-all is now a First Amendment problem, I see.
                            Well, with things as incredibly stupid as this:

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                            *****http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_jgyugzLdbng/TSEJEsA5CAI/AAAAAAAACNU/8HW5sC-nrSE/s400/dear-god-make-it-stop.jpg******

Comment

Well, with things as incredibly stupid as this:
                              Oh? Why is that stupid? Is it because I'm hoping the insanely, mind-numbingly ridiculous things you say stop, or is it because this is some kind of demand that you be KEPT from posting at all? Think before you answer.

You have the right to say whatever you want. You don't have the right to be taken seriously. You, and you alone have placed yourself in the position to not be taken seriously by myself and other posters on this board. You have no one to blame but yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by knsmith View Post
                                Last year, 19 goalies were taken. The 10th one went in approximately the late 5th round.

In 2009, 19 goalies were taken. The 10th one went in approximately the early 5th round.

In 2008, 21 goalies were taken. The 10th one went in approximately the middle of the 4th round.
                                Wow! Historical data, which ultimately leads to worthwhile speculation. Nice post knsmith.
                                RPI Pep Band Ex-Ex-Ex-...-Ex Conductor

RPI Hockey 1954, 1985
                                UConn Basketball 1999, 2004, 2011, 2014

Comment

Working...
                                X