X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Off-Season Thread 2011 Part II: The Bryce is Right

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
    Appropriate for JK but a few rounds off for PK
    My pro sources are telling me he could sneak into late second. They see a huge upside on him. He has high big upside because of potential and what they see as his maturity and work ethic. Heard he not only blew them away in bench press, hand eye coordination but in individual interviews with teams. I believe that he will be the highest drafted D-man in Tute history. JMHO.
    "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
      I believe that he will be the highest drafted D-man in Tute history. JMHO.
      Very possible since our highest Defensive draft pick was probably Cam Brauer (RB can check me on this). I don't think we every had a higher pick and I believe he was in the mid 80's as far as pick number-not sure if he was 4th or 5th round. There were a lot more rounds in the old days and a lot fewer picks per round.
      Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Very possible since our highest Defensive draft pick was probably Cam Brauer (RB can check me on this). I don't think we every had a higher pick and I believe he was in the mid 80's as far as pick number-not sure if he was 4th or 5th round. There were a lot more rounds in the old days and a lot fewer picks per round.
        Cam Brauer 82 (4th round) in 1988, one behind Joe Juneau.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by RKarger View Post
          http://troyrecord.com/articles/2011/...mode=fullstory
          The article says AIC and ND are both on in the story, but ND is missing and CC is on the wrong weekend in the schedule below. The CC error makes me think that we still might have the ND game. I guess we'll know for sure when it's published on the athletics website.
          WaP now agrees with that.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
            Cam Brauer 82 (4th round) in 1988, one behind Joe Juneau.
            Thanks Ralph-as usual I was going by memory off the top of my head. I had remembered Brauer as being a fairly high pick and most likely our highest drafted defenseman. Can't believe in was 23 years ago. The time is flying.
            Last edited by DrDemento; 06-16-2011, 11:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
              just killing time waiting for the grass to dry before mowing the lawn...Jason Kasdorf draft status.... http://www.draftsite.com/nhl/player/jason-kasdorf/16959 same site has PK also going in 6th rd. to Ottowa...FWIW
              PK 95th http://thehockeywriters.com/2011nhld...nkings-top210/

BTW, although PK has a chance of beating 82, he clearly has a better chance of being better than 19th in the 4th round which is where 82 was in 1988.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Today is 16 June 2011. There are 107 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 1 October for the start of next season.

That is the day that an exhibition game is supposedly scheduled.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

PK 95th http://thehockeywriters.com/2011nhld...nkings-top210/

BTW, although PK has a chance of beating 82, he clearly has a better chance of being better than 19th in the 4th round which is where 82 was in 1988.
                  I prefer to look at the pick number rather than the round. It is a better estimate of where someone is thought of by the pro scouts and for me, a better way to compare. I do not think PK will get that close to 82 though.

Comment

After all this talk and thought about the draft-when is it???

Comment

After all this talk and thought about the draft-when is it???
                      6/24 and 6/25.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

6/24 and 6/25.
                        Thanks RB-I hope there is decent television coverage.

Comment

Thanks RB-I hope there is decent television coverage.
                          I believe one of the national networks that covers NHL Hockey (I believe it was on Versus last year, though it might have been an ESPN Network) will cover the draft.

Comment

*****http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_jgyugzLdbng/TSEJEsA5CAI/AAAAAAAACNU/8HW5sC-nrSE/s400/dear-god-make-it-stop.jpg******
                            Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

TV schedule for draft....http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=5...vid=nhl-search
                              Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

There's also a Combine re-cap show airing on NHL Network Thurs. the 23rd. at 7pm. (also repeated several x's after)...it's only 30min.'s so I'm not sure how in depth it will be.
                                Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Working...
                                X