This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Off-Season Thread 2011 Part II: The Bryce is Right

I am a bit surprised that RPI-Union isn't the evening game at LP this season, sicne it was the afternoon game last year.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
      I am going to assume that there still will be an exhibition game on 10/1/11 for the purpose of the countdown at least until the RPI website posts the schedule.
      That's a good assumption to make. Seeing that countdown go up would be very sad.
      RPI Pep Band
      GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
      🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
      2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
      2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

I am a bit surprised that RPI-Union isn't the evening game at LP this season, sicne it was the afternoon game last year.
        I wonder if they used the amount of fans for each game last season as a way to decide. The RPI-Union game had a decent size but the SLU-CU game was much more attended...I know they are closer than both RPI and Union. Maybe some Union fans will actually come up this year. Either way it was a great time and I am already putting it in the heads of a few friends to make a weekend of it. Nothing like walking into that rink after a few cold ones at a local establishment before the game and hearing the pep band rocking.
        Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

I could see a 4-2 or 4-1-1 start with at worst a 3-3 start from the first 6 games. October is gonna be brutal but needed if this team wants to finish in the top 4 of the league this year.
          Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

I'm not. The Clarkson-SLU game was MUCH better attended than the RPI-Union game. Granted, there was a football game at the same time which had a possibility of diluting the attendance results, but why not use what was previously seen.

Comment

Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
              That's a good assumption to make. Seeing that countdown go up would be very sad.
              It would be sad, but I have had to change it in that direction before.

I would think that SA would want an exhibition game, and the main question is if it would be on Saturday or Sunday. (I don't think that it could be on Friday since games I don't think that games can be played in September.)
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by fishcore12 View Post
                I wonder if they used the amount of fans for each game last season as a way to decide. The RPI-Union game had a decent size but the SLU-CU game was much more attended...I know they are closer than both RPI and Union. Maybe some Union fans will actually come up this year. Either way it was a great time and I am already putting it in the heads of a few friends to make a weekend of it. Nothing like walking into that rink after a few cold ones at a local establishment before the game and hearing the pep band rocking.
                Nothing like a 30 mile drive through the mountains in December (from the "hotel" where I freeload around there). The perfect justification to getting a 4WD SUV with at least a V6 engine.
                Last edited by FlagDUDE08; 06-11-2011, 01:02 PM.

Comment

It would be sad, but I have had to change it in that direction before.

I would think that SA would want an exhibition game, and the main question is if it would be on Saturday or Sunday. (I don't think that it could be on Friday since games I don't think that games can be played in September.)
                  So long as it's 25 weeks before the National Championship game, it's OK. The women have played in September before.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                    So long as it's 25 weeks before the National Championship game, it's OK. The women have played in September before.
                    Oh, that's the rule. Thanks.

The women are playing next season in September again http://www.rpiathletics.com/schedule.aspx?path=whock&. Of course, their championship game is earlier.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Nothing like a 30 mile drive through the mountains in December (from the "hotel" where I freeload around there). The perfect justification to getting a 4WD SUV with at least a V6 engine.
                      Weak dude I got a Corolla and will make the trip no matter what haha.

Comment

Originally posted by fishcore12 View Post
                        Weak dude I got a Corolla and will make the trip no matter what haha.
                        That's true. I don't like driving through that stuff in anything else, though. Going to CCT in a minivan in the middle of February was bad enough.

Comment

Much as I dislike Clarkson, it has been posted on the Clarkson message board that they have lost recruit Luke Juha to Penn State. A big loss for the whole league. That's probably worse than when we lost H****y when we lost a coach, but at least Juha waited more than 10 minutes.
                          Last edited by Ralph Baer; 06-13-2011, 02:19 AM.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

That's true. I don't like driving through that stuff in anything else, though. Going to CCT in a minivan in the middle of February was bad enough.
                            FDude: Having lived part time in the center of the Adirondacks for over 25 years-Jenny and I have two AWD Audis. There is nothing better in the ice and snow on those mountain roads. There is just something special about their AWD system that makes them stand out over all the others. We have made it up and back in some of the most incredibly bad weather (see March 13-15 1993 when we got 103 inches over a 3 day period). Our cars are by no means new-but we hesitate to trade them because of their sure footedness in inclement weather.
                            Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by BigGuy View Post
                              Sat. Oct. 15 at Ferris State 7 p.m.
                              Sat. Oct. 21 Colorado College 7 p.m.
                              Someone should remind Ed Weaver that if October 15th is a Saturday, then there's no way that October 21st could also be a Saturday :-P

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                                FDude: Having lived part time in the center of the Adirondacks for over 25 years-Jenny and I have two AWD Audis. There is nothing better in the ice and snow on those mountain roads. There is just something special about their AWD system that makes them stand out over all the others. We have made it up and back in some of the most incredibly bad weather (see March 13-15 1993 when we got 103 inches over a 3 day period). Our cars are by no means new-but we hesitate to trade them because of their sure footedness in inclement weather.
                                What about dirt roads, though? I really don't feel like going by Split Rock if I don't have to...

And I remember the Blizzard of '93 all too well. Were you up there for the Great Ice Storm of '98?

Comment

Working...
                                X