X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Off-Season Thread 2011 Part II: The Bryce is Right

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
    You're surprised by Smith? Why? Are you privy to his impact in the locker room? Do you have some kind of inside knowledge about Cyr and Watts that you'd like to share with the rest of the class? Can you explain how you have deduced that he has been named a captain because he has a "Never give up, never surrender" attitude?
    FlagDUDE continues to dodge simple yes or no questions.

I think these questions deserve to be answered.
    Without A Peer - Full coverage of RPI Men's and Women's Hockey, with a twist of lemon.

Without A Peer live tweets every RPI hockey game, men's and women's. Follow us at @without_a_peer on Twitter.

Comment

Originally posted by johnk View Post
      Nothing at all but if ND does go to HE and they need a 12th team I believe RPI would be on a very short list of potential teams. Outside of UConn and Quinnipiac I see no other school besides RPI to put into the mix. The landscape of college hockey is going to change pretty quick so as far fetched as this seems right now I would not be totally shocked if this opportunity knocks by the 2013-14 season. I already have the vision of Union and Colgate becoming travel partners and RIT taking RPI's spot in the ECAC.
      I still don't see ND moving to HE. I think you have the dominoes in the right order, however if it wer to happen. RPI would likely be the first choice to be the 12th team for HE if they were to land ND.

RIT and Cornell would be a tough trip, much like Princeton and Q'Pac.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
        Is there anything to substantiate the rumor of RPI thinking about going to HE at this time? The only thing that I see is BC/HE posting a link of a ND to HE story and thinking that RPI would make sense as a 12th school.
        Ralph, I haven`t seen anything that substantiates the rumor and as you know the whole RPI/ HE chat has become an annual summer pastime on RPI threads. Having said that during one of the intermissions of the Union/UMD game this past spring Steve Hagwell was the guest and one of the subjects brought up was the changes to college hockey that the creation of the BTC would have. To that he responded something to the effect that although it isin`t easy to see exactly how don`t be surprised if eastern hockey confrences could be affected. That got my attention. Although this is pure speculation on my part and their are a plethara of reasons as to why Nate leaman may have jumped to a program in HE that no coach has had success at in years also makes me wonder what may be cooking. perhaps nothing perhaps something.

Comment

Originally posted by Jasma View Post
          I still don't see ND moving to HE. I think you have the dominoes in the right order, however if it wer to happen. RPI would likely be the first choice to be the 12th team for HE if they were to land ND.

RIT and Cornell would be a tough trip, much like Princeton and Q'Pac.
          Dont forget almost all (besides football) of the athletic teams at Notre Dame play in the Big East. So traveling east for league games wont be anything new.

IMO, I believe Notre Dame is the kingpin here. If they stay in the CCHA with Miami(OH), I think Hockey East stays at 10 teams and you'll see very little movement with the possible exception of a couple Atlantic Hockey teams jumping over to the CCHA as fillers. However, if ND joins HEA (which I think will happen), we could see some pretty big changes.

Comment

My modem arrived, and it works.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I just ate a taco.
              Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                I just ate a taco.
                Was it delicious?
                Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Originally posted by burgie12 View Post
                  Was it delicious?
                  All tacos are delicious.

Red Cloud, I imagine you are trying to show just how irrelevant the Hockey East discussion is?
                  RPI Pep Band
                  GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
                  🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
                  2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
                  2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
                    All tacos are delicious.

Red Cloud, I imagine you are trying to show just how irrelevant the Hockey East discussion is?
                    No-I think the comment was in reference to Ralph's post and excitement over his new modem.
                    (you have to remember that when you look up sarcasm in the dictionary-you might find RC's picture there)
                    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                      No-I think the comment was in reference to Ralph's post and excitement over his new modem.
                      That too.
                      RPI Pep Band
                      GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
                      🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
                      2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
                      2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Originally posted by burgie12 View Post
                        Was it delicious?
                        Red Cloud said a taco, not an apple.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                          Red Cloud said a taco, not an apple.
                          Red Cloud is also awaiting answers.
                          Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

That was a ****ed up experience dealing with Verizon support in some distant country. I wanted to go to 192.168.1.1 to get stats on my modem. It asked for my user name and password which I assumed was my email user name and password. It wasn't. The person, said "you want to connect wirelessly?". I said "eventually, but at the moment I just want to log on to look at stats. We went through a lot of contortions and she connected my laptop wirelessly which I think I could have done myself. After a lot of song-and-dance, I found out the user name/password was admin/admin. That should have crossed my mind, but ...
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                              That was a ****ed up experience dealing with Verizon support in some distant country. I wanted to go to 192.168.1.1 to get stats on my modem. It asked for my user name and password which I assumed was my email user name and password. It wasn't. The person, said "you want to connect wirelessly?". I said "eventually, but at the moment I just want to log on to look at stats. We went through a lot of contortions and she connected my laptop wirelessly which I think I could have done myself. After a lot of song-and-dance, I found out the user name/password was admin/admin. That should have crossed my mind, but ...
                              One thing I've learned about tech support when it comes to computers: Generally, they have absolutely no idea what they're talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                                One thing I've learned about tech support when it comes to computers: Generally, they have absolutely no idea what they're talking about.
                                I should have asked Red Cloud instead. His answer made more sense.
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X