Jim Fetter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jim Fetter

Who ever gets him will get one helluva coach and one helluva great guy !
    Any A.D's out there with an opening for a head coach(RMU),you better make a quick call
    and hire him,he's one of the best.
    Proud to be a wayne state fan,BLESSED TO BE AN AMERICAN !!

It's nice to be important,but it's more important to be nice.

Re: Jim Fetter

Originally posted by gvsualumni View Post
    Who ever gets him will get one helluva coach and one helluva great guy !
    Any A.D's out there with an opening for a head coach(RMU),you better make a quick call
    and hire him,he's one of the best.
    Without a doubt, great coach, suprised he didn't end up in Buckeye land. Maybe he didn't pursue it?

Comment

Psu?

Comment

Originally posted by CanHockGuy View Post
        Psu?
        You would think that is possible but I would think it's too late? He was one of the few HC that actually responded to an email i sent him.

Comment

Originally posted by giwan View Post
          You would think that is possible but I would think it's too late? He was one of the few HC that actually responded to an email i sent him.
          Heard from a previous post that he might be in the mix. Don't really know for sure though. Curious, what do you mean by the e-mail?

Comment

Originally posted by giwan View Post
            My gut tells me Fetter is in the mix at PSU. What e-mail you talking about. You an AD or something ?.

Comment

Originally posted by leafsfan View Post
              Without a doubt, great coach, suprised he didn't end up in Buckeye land. Maybe he didn't pursue it?
              So. What makes this guys a great coach? I mean I realize that WSU was a tough place to recruit to, But, he's only had 2 winning seasons in 8 years in the weakest conference in women's hockey. His record over the last two years is 17-39-6 and in conference 6-23-2. Maybe a great guy. But a great coach?

Still, sucks that WSU eliminated their program, eh?

Comment

Originally posted by over rated View Post
                So. What makes this guys a great coach? I mean I realize that WSU was a tough place to recruit to, But, he's only had 2 winning seasons in 8 years in the weakest conference in women's hockey. His record over the last two years is 17-39-6 and in conference 6-23-2. Maybe a great guy. But a great coach?

Under rated, you make a great post. Losing is not an option in any sport, but in a female perspective it just might sting a little more.

Comment

[QUOTE=OnMAA;5146858]My gut tells me Fetter is in the mix at PSU.

He's not.

Comment

Originally posted by over rated View Post

I do think you have to cut the guy a little slack for the last couple years for the simple reason that knowing what we know now, it was a pretty awful situation - I'm sure "shoestring" is a generous way to describe his budget. Prior to that, he did a good job building the program up, they had great seasons in 2007-2008 and 2008-2009, and even took a chip out of Mercyhurst's stranglehold on the conference by sharing the 2008 regular season title.

It'd be nice to see what he could do with a program that isn't, you know, on the verge of folding.
                    Penn State: Annoying everyone in college hockey since September 17, 2010.
                    1984, 1990, 1998, 2000, 2001, 2002 and 2003 ACHA National Champions

Thank You Terry: A Penn State Hockey Blog

Comment

And let's not forget his record with the U-22 in Canada...not too shabby

Comment

He might be a nice guy, but how can you say hes a great coach? He's never done anything special in 8 years with Wayne State, sure he got second in CHA's a couple yrs, but considering the strength of the conference its not that hard. Especially with poyton, bowl and dipietro there, they were amongst the top scorers in ncaa. Once they left, he hasnt done a thing. And you cant even tie u22 into it, they would beat all those other teams without a coach on the bench, they are that talented

Comment

Originally posted by mercyfan View Post
                          He might be a nice guy, but how can you say hes a great coach? He's never done anything special in 8 years with Wayne State, sure he got second in CHA's a couple yrs, but considering the strength of the conference its not that hard. Especially with poyton, bowl and dipietro there, they were amongst the top scorers in ncaa. Once they left, he hasnt done a thing. And you cant even tie u22 into it, they would beat all those other teams without a coach on the bench, they are that talented
                          He has been named NCAA coach of the year 2-3 times and a finalist 1-2 other times. WSU is not the easiest place to recruit to, personally I think he has done a heck of a job given what he has to work with.

Comment

He did win the conference one year mercyfan,look it up.
                            Proud to be a wayne state fan,BLESSED TO BE AN AMERICAN !!

It's nice to be important,but it's more important to be nice.

Comment

He's definitely not going to Robert Morris

Comment

Working...
                              X