Sayonara - Wayne State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sayonara - Wayne State

CHN's twitter feed reports that WSU will be dropping its women's hockey program.
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Re: Sayonara - Wayne State

My sympathies and best of luck to all the current, and soon to have been matriculated Wayne State players. They are left with big decisions and a lot of arranging to do in a very short time period.
    "A ROCK BAND IS NOT A PERFECT DEMOCRACY. IT'S LIKE A SPORTS TEAM. NO ONE CAN DO WITHOUT THE OTHER, BUT EVERYBODY DOESN'T GET TO TOUCH THE BALL ALL THE TIME." Don Henley

Comment

Originally posted by DC78-82 View Post
      My sympathies and best of luck to all the current, and soon to have been matriculated Wayne State players. They are left with big decisions and a lot of arranging to do in a very short time period.
      It's a sad day indeed. The AD could have picked a better time to give all involved a better chance to find a home.

Comment

Originally posted by justthedriver View Post
        It's a sad day indeed. The AD could have picked a better time to give all involved a better chance to find a home.
        Agreed, the timing of this announcement sucks

Comment

Nothing on Wayne State's website

Comment

Huge step backward for women's hockey. So much for the bid coming soon. More importantly, nothing like messing up a kid's plans and their future. Sad day indeed. They're two for two in the hockey department, the economy is cruel, but there are better ways of doing things.

Comment

I know a recruit going there. Her world is shattered. Not much time left to find a new program.

Comment

Are you friggin kiddin' me? OMG. I'm sad. Actually very sad.

The Angel of Death, Rob Fournier, strikes again. If he ever leaves WSU and comes to your school, kiss your hockey programs goodbye.
                Last edited by Green n' Gold; 05-26-2011, 03:14 PM. Reason: stupidity
                "Here's to the confusion of our enemys!" - Sinatra

Over 100,000+ posts behind Ralph Baer

Btw.... Fournier? Where's our rink? FOURNIER! You're an idiot. Bring back our team!!!! LIAR!

Comment

Anyone seen further confirmation?

Comment

Originally posted by canadahockey26 View Post
                    I know a recruit going there. Her world is shattered. Not much time left to find a new program.
                    3 of the 4 are from Ontario, so she'll be welcome at RIT. I know it's a step down, but not much. Maybe half a step.

Comment

Originally posted by 123kidd View Post
                      3 of the 4 are from Ontario, so she'll be welcome at RIT. I know it's a step down, but not much. Maybe half a step.
                      ...and hey, RIT is going D1 soon so she'll be right back in the big shooo...right?

Comment

When is RIT going D1 haven't heard that

Comment

Originally posted by giwan View Post
                          Anyone seen further confirmation?
                          I'm waiting to hear back from a player....

Comment

I just want to see what the players that thought they were going to be playing already not just the recruits. Trying to find another school will be hard to do I think

Comment

I feel bad for any involved with the team. Both future and current players are left in a bind, hopefully some doors open for them as most teams rosters at this point are already set.

Comment

Working...
                              X