X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: All Things Denver XXXI

Originally posted by CCtig View Post
    The real story is one of the Denver (or is it Metro State?) player's father confronted Swami face-to-face regarding Swami's negative post's on the board and the two had a heated exchange due to the father blaming Swami for the lack of success the team had this past season. My sources have provided a minute by minute account of that confrontation but details will not be posted here. A lot of drama going on at Metro State (or is it Denver State?) right now!
    This is absolutely not true in any way shape or form.

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
      I believe he also re-aggrivated the injury at a camp up in Canada.
      I'm pretty sure this is also not true. DU Law School will be good for you. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by dggoddard View Post
        I'm pretty sure this is also not true. DU Law School will be good for you. :-)
        I would agree as well. My brother went to law school there about 10 years ago, and he had very positive things to say (he also has his undergrad degree from UND).

As for the story about the re-aggrivated injury, it came from Chambers' article in the print version of the Post. It would not be surprising to me in the least if Chambers was lying again.
        North Dakota
        National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by dggoddard View Post
          This is absolutely not true in any way shape or form.
          Thank you Mr. Obvious.
          Originally posted by vizoroo
          Thought you had picked the avatar so we could id you. Guess he fooled me too.
          Originally posted by duper
          I obviously missed it, but it sounds like some idiot from CC took trolling to a whole new, totally inappropriate level.

I was well over the borderline. I figured I would meet you on your turf.
          Every time you post like an *******, I want to quote the idiotic comment you made where you claim not to be a troll. You're such a dick.
          Originally posted by dggoddard
          Finally you made me laugh.

There may be hope for you yet.

Comment

It's totally a bummer that Sam will be out for most of the year. I suggest they red shirt him and if he does heal in time and we need him then they can revoke the red shirt.

I honestly think Murray will rock and suprise a lot of the nay sayers......
            GO DU!!!!

ROWDY IN THE FIRST ROW!!!

DU Hockey National Champions: 1958, 1960, 1961, 1968, 1969, 2004, 2005

Comment

I think Murray will be pretty good too, but I'm not as sure about redshirting Sam. There was no guarantee he was gonna stay for 4 years already, now in order for the redshirt to be worthy, you'd be asking him to stay around 5. I'm just curious if that's likely.
              tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                I think Murray will be pretty good too, but I'm not as sure about redshirting Sam. There was no guarantee he was gonna stay for 4 years already, now in order for the redshirt to be worthy, you'd be asking him to stay around 5. I'm just curious if that's likely.
                Well, by redshirting Sam for this upcoming year, an injury hardship waiver can be granted and give DU some extra scholarship leverage incase Murray does not work out as a full time starter. It all depends on how much confidence there really is in Murray within the program and how realistic it is for Sam to come back at all during next season. If it were me, I would bring in the highest-end recruit I could and see who pans out, then hopefully have Sam come back the next year and weigh my options between Murray and "the highest-end recruit I could get" before determining what happens next.

Comment

Happy Birthday dggoddard!!

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
                    Well, by redshirting Sam for this upcoming year, an injury hardship waiver can be granted and give DU some extra scholarship leverage incase Murray does not work out as a full time starter. It all depends on how much confidence there really is in Murray within the program and how realistic it is for Sam to come back at all during next season. If it were me, I would bring in the highest-end recruit I could and see who pans out, then hopefully have Sam come back the next year and weigh my options between Murray and "the highest-end recruit I could get" before determining what happens next.
                    Works on paper, but some top end recruits might be scared off. Yes, Denver's a good program, but not only come in and have to fight a talented guy in Murray, but then at the end of the year or next year have to battle a probably more talented guy in Brittain? A very good goalie could end up third in that rotation a year from now.

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

Comment

Works on paper, but some top end recruits might be scared off. Yes, Denver's a good program, but not only come in and have to fight a talented guy in Murray, but then at the end of the year or next year have to battle a probably more talented guy in Brittain? A very good goalie could end up third in that rotation a year from now.
                      Personally, I'm just looking at it as "what happens if Murray gets hurt?". If Murray does get hurt, then DU would have to go with some random walk-on and probably who ever played goalie the most recently in their lives as the backup...scary thought. Gotta cover yourself for all possibilities but, yeah, it won't be the easiest sell to a young kid with big hopes and dreams...Gwoz will have to come up with something pretty creative. Sam's injury is quite possibly the biggest blow to the program I have ever seen...

Comment

Personally, I'm just looking at it as "what happens if Murray gets hurt?". If Murray does get hurt, then DU would have to go with some random walk-on and probably who ever played goalie the most recently in their lives as the backup...scary thought. Gotta cover yourself for all possibilities but, yeah, it won't be the easiest sell to a young kid with big hopes and dreams...Gwoz will have to come up with something pretty creative. Sam's injury is quite possibly the biggest blow to the program I have ever seen...
                        And the way this thing worked out is crushing. An injury sustained last season, to the guy we all thought could be dominant at his position this year. Effectively a season ending injury. In June! GD it. I think Adam will rise to the occasion, but you're right, we need someone to back him up and that's going to be problematic.
                        2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Over Chevy leaving early?

Comment

Over Chevy leaving early?
                            Chevy leaving early allowed Brittain to come in a year early...didn't really lose much there. If we didn't have Brittain waiting in the wings, then (yes) losing Chevy early would have been pretty devastating...

Comment

The NHL draft is next week and here are 2 more opinions on the future of Nick Shore, Scott Mayfield and Zac Larraza.

http://www.draftsite.com/nhl/mock-draft/2011
                              2nd round #31 Mayfield (Edmonton) A long term project that many teams are interested in due to his great size, puck skills, skating, and shades of snarl. Already has shown some good carrying skills, and an accurate first pass. He is also capable of springing teammates on the long pass to the opposing blue line. Although far from ready to play against faster players, he is an agile big man that will get consideration early.

2nd #59 N. Shore (San Jose) Scorer with an accurate shot that he needs little room to launch.

4th #92 Larraza (Avs) Arizona-born long term forward project. Has enough skill to finish and has size. An effective fore-checker. His time with the Pioneers will be spent honing his positioning, hockey IQ, and offensive decision-making.

Hockey Buzz
                              http://ohlinsider.com/consensus.html
                              1st round-#27 Scott Mayfield
                              2nd-#60 Nick Shore
                              4th-#118 Zac Larraza
                              GO DU !!!

Comment

Chevy leaving early allowed Brittain to come in a year early...didn't really lose much there. If we didn't have Brittain waiting in the wings, then (yes) losing Chevy early would have been pretty devastating...
                                Brittain's pretty good, and maybe he gets there, but he is certainly not nearly as good as Chevy

Comment

Working...
                                X