X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: All Things Denver XXXI

Originally posted by Dmann View Post
    Guys, what about my 3rd string goalie question? Who is it?, can he cut it? And finally, up to a year of rehab?, I've never heard of such a thing!
    Third string goalie has not been announced. My guess is DU will be possibly bringing in 2 walk-on goalies; one to be the back-up and one to be the 3rd stringer.

There is no year of rehab. Chambers is saying 6 to 8 months he will be unable to play. Conceivably he could be back by January at the earliest or late in the regular season at the latest. The one thing to keep in mind is that he has to be at 100% before coming back and for his sake erring on the cautious side is probably better. Sam is young as he came to DU a year before he was originally scheduled to arrive. He has a great future and rushing him back too early could cause a setback that would have him out even longer.

It is time to get behind Adam Murary as next year's starter. At 16 he was considered one of the top goalies in the world for his age group. DU won a huge recruiting war for him. Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan and Colorado College were all vying for his services. I think he just needs to gain some confidence as he has the skills to be a solid college goalie. Hopefully, Derek Lalonde has him working out to sharpen his skills for this great opportunity to step into Sam's skates. He is an upperclassmen now and it will be his time to lead the Pios.
    Last edited by du78; 06-14-2011, 08:46 AM.
    DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

Turns out that a transfer is unlikely because even D-III players have to sit out a year. Compounding the problem is a lack of scholarship dollars available. Needless to say Killer & Derek will need to pull a rabbit out of the hat.

Comment

Originally posted by du78 View Post
        Third string goalie has not been announced. My guess is DU will be possibly bringing in 2 walk-on goalies; one to be the back-up and one to be the 3rd stringer.

There is no year of rehab. Chambers is saying 6 to 8 months he will be unable to play. Conceivably he could be back by January at the earliest or late in the regular season at the latest. The one thing to keep in mind is that he has to be at 100% before coming back and for his sake erring on the cautious side is probably better. Sam is young as he came to DU a year before he was originally scheduled to arrive. He has a great future and rushing him back too early could cause a setback that would have him out even longer.

It is time to get behind Adam Murary as next year's starter. At 16 he was considered one of the top goalies in the world for his age group. DU won a huge recruiting war for him. Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan and Colorado College were all vying for his services. I think he just needs to gain some confidence as he has the skills to be a solid college goalie. Hopefully, Derek Lalonde has him working out to sharpen his skills for this great opportunity to step into Sam's skates. He is an upperclassmen now and it will be his time to lead the Pios.
        My prediction? Adam will be the major Pioneer "surprise" this year.
        2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
          My prediction? Adam will be the major Pioneer "surprise" this year.
          I agree, he will be the Metro State Pioneer "surprise" of the year.
          World Arena North (aka Magness Arena on the campus of Denver State University) where the Colorado College Tigers are 17-11-5 all time against the Metro State Pioneers. Thank you Denver Roadrunners for building a second home for CC!!

World Arena North lives on!! Go Tigers!!

CC Tiger fans join us at: http://cctigerhockey.yuku.com

Comment

Looks like Brock Trotter is returning to the Montreal Canadiens . I don't speak French so if someone could translate.

http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/321281.html

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

Comment

Originally posted by du78 View Post
              Looks like Brock Trotter is returning to the Montreal Canadiens . I don't speak French so if someone could translate.

http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/321281.html
              According to Google translator:

Dynamo Riga has terminated its agreement with forward Brock Trotter, the team reports in the KHL on its website Wednesday.

The club also says that Trotter has signed a contract with a Canadian organization with which he played from 2007 to 2010.

Last season, his first in the KHL, Trotter scored 9 goals and 17 assists in 49 games. He played two games in the National Hockey League in 2009-10, now minus-one-1.

Joined by RDS.ca, the Canadiens refused to confirm the news.

Comment

Originally posted by CCtig View Post
                I agree, he will be the Metro State Pioneer "surprise" of the year.
                You remind me of the moron who keeps hitting his head on the wall--because it feels so good when he stops. Are we going to have an entire season of this? Or are you capable of coming up with at least one more adolescent meme to throw into the mix? Really, most of the other hebephrenic CC posters at least provide a little variety.

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                  To me, this hurts Denver's chances of winning the league. Before this injury news they were the front runner for winning the MacNaughton, now I am not so sure.
                  I was going to say the same thing, but DU's goaltending is consistently strong. It seems like every time their stud goalie graduates, some new kid comes in and totally dominates. Whoever their goaltending coach is (not sure which coach he is, because all their assistants are just listed as "assistant coach") must be some sort of evil genius.
                  St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
                    I was going to say the same thing, but DU's goaltending is consistently strong. It seems like every time their stud goalie graduates, some new kid comes in and totally dominates. Whoever their goaltending coach is (not sure which coach he is, because all their assistants are just listed as "assistant coach") must be some sort of evil genius.
                    His name is Derek Lalonde and he looks very much like Dr. Evil. I called him that one time in Duluth and he did not appear to be even slightly amused.

Comment

• Re: All Things Denver XXXI

You remind me of the moron who keeps hitting his head on the wall--because it feels so good when he stops. Are we going to have an entire season of this? Or are you capable of coming up with at least one more adolescent meme to throw into the mix? Really, most of the other hebephrenic CC posters at least provide a little variety.
                      Well you know what the boys in the band would say...
                      Originally posted by vizoroo
                      Thought you had picked the avatar so we could id you. Guess he fooled me too.
                      Originally posted by duper
                      I obviously missed it, but it sounds like some idiot from CC took trolling to a whole new, totally inappropriate level.

I was well over the borderline. I figured I would meet you on your turf.
                      Every time you post like an *******, I want to quote the idiotic comment you made where you claim not to be a troll. You're such a dick.
                      Originally posted by dggoddard
                      Finally you made me laugh.

There may be hope for you yet.

Comment

Originally posted by s11r9seat8
                        Being stuck up here in (BEAUTIFUL) North Park, i can't answer this question - who was the goalie coach before Lalonde? It seems like the strong performance in nets predates his time here, even though it has gotten better under Lalonde. Was it Rico? Is this the Grahame legacy? Anyone with a media guide can answer the first part and anyone with an opinion can chi(/u)mp in on the legacy part of it...
                        And another question from ChrisWCHblog comments about DU handling player's injuries - it doesn't seem to me that the Wiercioch and Brittan cases are similar. My only direct experience is shoveling people into the hospital. Oops i mean "Prehospital Care". I don't have any real experience outside of my own orthopaedic owies in rehab and reconditioning.
                        Gawd i miss DaSwami and his wisdom on these matters. Dis place just ain't da same.
                        We all miss Swami. Except for the as*holes.
                        Last edited by Old Pio; 06-15-2011, 06:41 PM.

Comment

Goalie coach before Lalonde was Seth Appert.

Comment

We all miss Swami. Except for the as*holes.
                            Any chance of someone convincing Swami to create a new username so we can enjoy his gems of know-who and know-how?
                            "The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
                            Discontinued Program:http://s.ecrater.com/stores/70443/48...70e_70443n.jpg
                            The goofs might suck, but Happy swallows.
                            Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Comment

Originally posted by cross cheque View Post
                              Any chance of someone convincing Swami to create a new username so we can enjoy his gems of know-who and know-how?
                              Would love to hear Swami's commentary on Brittain-Murray-???.

(I think he may have posted on Lets Go DU under an alias.)
                              GO DU !!!

Comment

Wait...what happened to Puck Swami?
                                St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Working...
                                X