X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: All Things Denver XXXI

Originally posted by cetihcra View Post
    Hockey Canada goalie coach Dave Marcoux tweeted that Brittain got hurt in camp, has already had surgery, and will be rehabbing for at least 8 weeks. I don't know any injury details, but let's hope he's back at top form in that timespan. Some thought he had a shot at a WJC invite prior to the injury.

r
    Great. We're getting an early start this year.
    Last edited by Old Pio; 06-11-2011, 06:22 PM.
    2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Originally posted by cetihcra View Post
      Hockey Canada goalie coach Dave Marcoux tweeted that Brittain got hurt in camp, has already had surgery, and will be rehabbing for at least 8 weeks. I don't know any injury details, but let's hope he's back at top form in that timespan. Some thought he had a shot at a WJC invite prior to the injury.

r
      Don't know what Marcoux wrote, but per DU, surgery is the 17th. DU_Hockey is Denver SID Erich Bacher and knee surgery generally requires some swelling reduction first.

DU_Hockey Denver Hockey
      @sbrittain1 to have surgery on left knee on Friday, June 17. Brittain has torn ACL and meniscus. He is expected to be out 6-8 months

Help repair my camera gear before the new season starts
      HockeyPhotography.com - use search to find images of your favorite college player and order prints
      HockeyPhotos on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by mwade View Post
        Don't know what Marcoux wrote, but per DU, surgery is the 17th. DU_Hockey is Denver SID Erich Bacher and knee surgery generally requires some swelling reduction first.

DU_Hockey Denver Hockey
        @sbrittain1 to have surgery on left knee on Friday, June 17. Brittain has torn ACL and meniscus. He is expected to be out 6-8 months
        ouch, much worse than I feared.

original tweet said "Sam B had surgery & rehabbing for 8wks"

suck.
        r

Comment

Terrible news for Sam. The team will need to stay strong for both he and Adam Murray.

OMG!!!
          guess dg will HAVE to volunteer to be the 3rd goalie
          Last edited by vizoroo; 06-12-2011, 01:26 AM.
          GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
            Terrible news for Sam. The team will need to stay strong for both he and Adam Murray.

OMG!!!
            guess dg will HAVE to volunteer to be the 3rd goalie
            It surely is bad news for Great Brittain. But I must say that 6 to 8 month recovery period sounds a bit long to me. Back in the days of no anesthetic and walking to school uphill both ways, I deranged an MCL and a lateral miniscus and it didn't take anything like that amount of time for me to get back on my feet. They didn't have to crack my knee. But nowdays if that's necessary they use the scope, which is far less invasive and requires much less recovery time. It used to be that almost any serious knee injury meant the end or significant curtailment of a career, not any more. So I'm just wondering if we've got the recovery time wrong. 8 months would have him back in February.
            Last edited by Old Pio; 06-12-2011, 05:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
              It surely is bad news for Great Brittain. But I must say that 6 to 8 month recovery period sounds a bit long to me. Back in the days of no anesthetic and walking to school uphill both ways, I deranged an MCL and a lateral miniscus and it didn't take anything like that amount of time for me to get back on my feet. They didn't have to crack my knee. But nowdays if that's necessary they use the scope, which is far less invasive and requires much less recovery time. It used to be that almost any serious knee injury meant the end or significant curtailment of a career, not any more. So I'm just wondering if we've got the recovery time wrong. 8 months would have him back in February.
              According to Chambers, he may miss the entire season due to ACL tear. Of course, Chambers also says that Brittain injured the knee in the Final Five Championship Game against North Dakota (over/under 3 days until Chambers blames this on North Dakota?), and they were hoping that rest would fix the issue. Obviously it hasn't and they had to do the surgery.

It's a difficult situation for DU, but I'm sure Murray will step up and be great. Denver always seems to get great play out of that position. All the best to Brittain in his recovery, and hopefully he progresses quicker than expected. He was a lot of fun to watch last year.
              North Dakota
              National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                According to Chambers, he may miss the entire season due to ACL tear. Of course, Chambers also says that Brittain injured the knee in the Final Five Championship Game against North Dakota (over/under 3 days until Chambers blames this on North Dakota?), and they were hoping that rest would fix the issue. Obviously it hasn't and they had to do the surgery.

It's a difficult situation for DU, but I'm sure Murray will step up and be great. Denver always seems to get great play out of that position. All the best to Brittain in his recovery, and hopefully he progresses quicker than expected. He was a lot of fun to watch last year.
                An ACL injury is a very tough thing to rehab. Once the surgery is done, the ACL is essentially fixed, but everything around it is very tight. That means that extended rehab is needed to make sure everything loosens up around the ACL and muscle tissue doesn't die. If this is truly an ACL tear he may miss the entire season because this is something that a few weeks cannot fix unfortunately.
                Let the Rebuilding Begin

Comment

[QUOTE=Fighting Sioux 23;5154758]According to Chambers, he may miss the entire season due to ACL tear. Of course, Chambers also says that Brittain injured the knee in the Final Five Championship Game against North Dakota (over/under 3 days until Chambers blames this on North Dakota?), and they were hoping that rest would fix the issue. Obviously it hasn't and they had to do the surgery.

It's a difficult situation for DU, but I'm sure Murray will step up and be great. Denver always seems to get great play out of that position. All the best to Brittain in his recovery, and hopefully he progresses quicker than expected. He was a lot of fun to watch last year.[/Q

Uug. Well, the Sioux ARE responsible, aren't they?
                  Last edited by Old Pio; 06-12-2011, 02:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
                    Uug. Well, the Sioux ARE responsible, aren't they?

I suppose Chambers could blame North Dakota for great passing/shooting that forced Brittain to move around quite a bit and make some great saves that caused the injury.

Moral of the Story: Don't try and do too much against North Dakota. When in nets, stay in place and stay safe...no need to risk an ACL/MCL tear.

In all seriousness though, Brittain has great potential and I hope he recovers and is able to play at the elite level that he showed last season.
                    North Dakota

Comment

I just opened up our thread out of sheer boredom and what do I read??? Oh for the love of God!!! You have got to be kidding??? I hate to even ask this, but who is our third string goalie? And given the quality of most 3rd string goalies, how are we going to manage with just Murray as a top notch goalie? Will we have to go out there and get another high prospect? Who in the world would still be available? Ahhhhh!!!!!!
                      "The bottom line is, the cream rose to the top, and that’s Denver.”
                      Tom Serratore

Comment

To me, this hurts Denver's chances of winning the league. Before this injury news they were the front runner for winning the MacNaughton, now I am not so sure.
                        tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                          To me, this hurts Denver's chances of winning the league. Before this injury news they were the front runner for winning the MacNaughton, now I am not so sure.
                          Agreed. Before the injury (or before we knew about the injury) I would have put the top three at DU, CC, UMD, with Denver the strong favorite. At this point, I still think Denver is the front runner, but CC and UMD are much closer, and I wouldn't be surprised if any of those three win the league. Denver has always been able to get solid play out of their goaltenders, and I expect nothing different. Murray was not very consistent as a Freshman/Sophomore, but I expect that he should be a bit more consistent as an upperclassmen.
                          North Dakota

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post

Whoever is in goal for the Metro State Pioneers will do just fine!
                            World Arena North (aka Magness Arena on the campus of Denver State University) where the Colorado College Tigers are 17-11-5 all time against the Metro State Pioneers. Thank you Denver Roadrunners for building a second home for CC!!

World Arena North lives on!! Go Tigers!!

CC Tiger fans join us at: http://cctigerhockey.yuku.com

Comment

Originally posted by CCtig View Post
                              Whoever is in goal for the Metro State Pioneers will do just fine!
                              Tweet! WCHA rules specificially prohibit entries for the conference Jacka*s of the Year trophy prior to July first.
                              Last edited by Old Pio; 06-13-2011, 07:39 PM.

Comment

Guys, what about my 3rd string goalie question? Who is it?, can he cut it? And finally, up to a year of rehab?, I've never heard of such a thing!
                                "The bottom line is, the cream rose to the top, and that’s Denver.”
                                Tom Serratore

Comment

Working...
                                X