X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: All Things Denver XXXI

Originally posted by Dmann View Post
    Here I go again. Is it channel 617 on Direct TV tonight?
    617 will be showing UND-Maine.

I think it will be on 613 on DirecTV.
    North Dakota
    National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
      617 will be showing UND-Maine.

I think it will be on 613 on DirecTV.
      Affirmative. The DU @ BC game is indeed on channel 613 on DirecTV.
      DU Pioneer Hockey. National Champions: 1958, 1960, 1961, 1968, 1969, 2004, 2005
      sigpic
      WCHA arenas I have visited: Magness, Kohl, Sullivan, National Hockey Center, DECC, Cleveland Steamer World Arena (CSWA)

Thanks for your friendship Jimbo!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
        Good luck this weekend.

I hope to see some DU fans dressed up in togas to relive their epic moment in Boston at the '04 FF.
        Sadly those days are over. Boone will have to carry the torch. However we will be there in force tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by dggoddard View Post
          Sadly those days are over.
          Unacceptable.
          Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
          The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by dggoddard View Post
            Sadly those days are over. Boone will have to carry the torch. However we will be there in force tonight.
            Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
            Unacceptable.
            Not sure you want to see a toga-ed dg 7 years later.
            GO DU !!!

Comment

Boone looks great om Murray's helmet. Cameras and announcers not making any mention of Boone or our fans.

Comment

Originally posted by thedunker View Post
                Boone looks great om Murray's helmet. Cameras and announcers not making any mention of Boone or our fans.
                They're too busy reminding us that BC is "the number one team in the country." All together now, at the top of your lungs: NOT ANYMORE, BUNKY!
                2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Two USCHO morons had tonight's game exactly right:

No. 3 Denver (0-0-0, 0-0-0 WCHA) at No. 1 Boston College (2-0-0, 0-0-0 Hockey East) and No. 8 Boston University (1-0-0, 1-0-0 Hockey East)

Tyler: Anyone who watched the BC/UND game won't dispute the Eagles' No. 1 rank. That offense will be too tough for a young Pioneers team and a backup goalie, but Denver is ranked third for a reason -- its offensive firepower. Saturday will be a great matchup between the Pioneers offense and a Terriers defense that allowed 2.6 goals per game last year and BU goalie Kieran Millan, who saved 92 percent of the shots he faced last season. BC beats DU. DU beats BU.

Brian: What a way to open the season for Denver as the Pioneers head east to Boston where a baptism of fire awaits George Gwozdecky's freshmen in the form of two highly ranked opponents. A year ago Denver was swept at home by Boston College (6-2, 3-0) in a series in which the Pioneers were 0-for-17 on the power play. The teams have split six games all time in Chestnut Hill, Mass., but the Eagles have won four of the last five meetings between the schools. Make it five of six as the Pioneers fall in their opener.

Comment

Gwoz Post-Game

Adam Murray Post-Game

DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
                      Two USCHO morons had tonight's game exactly right:

No. 3 Denver (0-0-0, 0-0-0 WCHA) at No. 1 Boston College (2-0-0, 0-0-0 Hockey East) and No. 8 Boston University (1-0-0, 1-0-0 Hockey East)

Tyler: Anyone who watched the BC/UND game won't dispute the Eagles' No. 1 rank. That offense will be too tough for a young Pioneers team and a backup goalie, but Denver is ranked third for a reason -- its offensive firepower. Saturday will be a great matchup between the Pioneers offense and a Terriers defense that allowed 2.6 goals per game last year and BU goalie Kieran Millan, who saved 92 percent of the shots he faced last season. BC beats DU. DU beats BU.

Brian: What a way to open the season for Denver as the Pioneers head east to Boston where a baptism of fire awaits George Gwozdecky's freshmen in the form of two highly ranked opponents. A year ago Denver was swept at home by Boston College (6-2, 3-0) in a series in which the Pioneers were 0-for-17 on the power play. The teams have split six games all time in Chestnut Hill, Mass., but the Eagles have won four of the last five meetings between the schools. Make it five of six as the Pioneers fall in their opener.
                      Briiiiiiannnnn, Tyyyylleeerrrr, YOU SUCK.
                      DU Pioneer Hockey. National Champions: 1958, 1960, 1961, 1968, 1969, 2004, 2005
                      sigpic
                      WCHA arenas I have visited: Magness, Kohl, Sullivan, National Hockey Center, DECC, Cleveland Steamer World Arena (CSWA)

Thanks for your friendship Jimbo!!!

Comment

I don't think it's possible to overestimate the importance of this game for Adam Murray's confidence going forward. In that interview the other day Gwoz touched on something that may have played a role in Murray's performances the last two years. He talked about having a short memory. And how important (and hard) it is to put that last one out of your mind. The defense didnt give BC many excellent opportunities. And Adam was up to the challenge. Both of BC's goals, especially the second one, resulted from mishandling the puck behind the net. It's too early for me to take a victory lap for my predictions on how Adam would do this year, but I'm taking off my sweats.

Comment

Jay-Z Post-Game

DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

You guys looked VERY good tonight. Especially defensively. Not many mistakes.

My kid loved seeing Boone on the way out. Thought it was funny. Nice to see a few of you guys in the house. I still want to know the Swami story.
                            Originally posted by reBlur
                            the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Great W for the boys tonight. Gotta be a HUGE confidence builder. BB's bullet to open the second was amazing. It happened so fast you couldn't even tell what had happened--just heard pipe and then the action stopped. The 15 pounds means the man is going to be a stud.

BC is an amazing team especially down low in the corners--are D man had there hands full. It was amazing to watch the Eagles get in the corners and dig that puck and--they can score in a fraction of a second. They also were nailing us physically. I do think like the commentator on CBS said they were under a lot of pressure to perform and it showed. DU being the underdog on the road looked loose.

It was a really fun game to watch--the pace and flow were fantastic. I loved watching the battles in the neutral zone too--so much talent battling it out.

I thought Cross's bump into Zuck was low especially for a guy wearing the C.

Interesting to see Gwoz bear down on 18 for being an idiot with the puck with about a minute to go. Not something George usually does during play.

Can you say POWER???
                              Go Pioneers!

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
                                You guys looked VERY good tonight. Especially defensively. Not many mistakes.

My kid loved seeing Boone on the way out. Thought it was funny. Nice to see a few of you guys in the house. I still want to know the Swami story.
                                Glad your kid got a laugh from Boone--the suit does impress. Swami got into it with an idiot on the boards that wouldn't let go of his self righteous position. It was a long ugly shouting match that sucked a lot of people's energy. It really hit PS hard, he tried to get the kid to back off (I think too hard in my opinion) and when he didn't PS said he was fed up and not coming back. That was way back in Feb or March and sadly he hasn't resurfaced. I didn't see him at either of the X games at Magness this month either. I suspect he may have been at the game tonight. I think Damien might have said he was--not sure.
                                Go Pioneers!

Comment

Working...
                                X