This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: All Things Denver XXXI

For DU fans in the Boston area Mookie1995 has 2 tickets for Saturday's game. See him on DU Battles Boston thread
    GO DU !!!

Comment

Any new word on Brittain's status? And while he's out and once the Finn comes back, what % of games do you guys expect he'll get behind Murray?
      tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
        Any new word on Brittain's status? And while he's out and once the Finn comes back, what % of games do you guys expect he'll get behind Murray?
        I can't answer your questions, but this is the topic that is freaking me out!!! I don't see how we are going to survive this weekend. Is Murray even 100%?, what about this poor 3rd stringer?, if he has to face either of these 2 teams he's gonna get lit up like a Christmas tree!! Ahhhhh!! Why do these injuries have to plague us every year??

I am officially freaked out!!!
        "The bottom line is, the cream rose to the top, and that’s Denver.”
        Tom Serratore

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
          Brittain is on target to play in mid-January. Murray is the starter and will play most of the games. The Finn has shown he has the tools to fill in for Murray on occasion. He is more than your typical walk-on 3rd string goalie. BTW for those who think that the Finn not playing this coming weekend is new news, it is not. Gwoz mentioned it several weeks ago when talking to the faculty at a luncheon. Hope, the current 3rd string goalie is more of your typical 3rd string walk-on. Per Gwoz yesterday, Murray is scheduled to play both games this weekend and that he should be fine by the weekend.

Here is from an impeccable source that I received last evening:
          After an outstanding rookie season, sophomore goaltender Sam Brittain underwent knee surgery in late June. Sam’s knee rehabilitation is going well and he’s on schedule to return sometime mid-January. Until then junior Adam Murray will be called upon to be our number one goaltender. Adam is excited and ready for this opportunity.
          Last edited by du78; 10-11-2011, 01:38 PM.
          DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

@Coach Gwoz = new Twitter account
            GO DU !!!

Comment

Video of today's DU Hockey press conference with Gwoz, Drew Shore and Dusty Jackson.

Gwoz

Dusty

Drew
              Last edited by du78; 10-11-2011, 04:16 PM.

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

Comment

More player interviews--Murray, Lee, Phillips and Zucker
                http://www.denverpioneers.com/ViewAr...CLID=205314894

Good news: You know that squashed looking thing that was on the wall behind the players during interviews?

It Is Gone

The thing was replaced by the interlocking DU. So much better.
                Someone in the Athletics Department must have been reading our posts.
                GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
                  Good news: You know that squashed looking thing that was on the wall behind the players during interviews?

It Is Gone

The thing was replaced by the interlocking DU. So much better.
                  Now there's just the squashed thing on the carpet in the locker room. Wonder if its still there?

If so, it would be a good project for some of the 50/50 Raffle funds.

Comment

Originally posted by dggoddard View Post
                    Now there's just the squashed thing on the carpet in the locker room. Wonder if its still there?

If so, it would be a good project for some of the 50/50 Raffle funds.
                    Good idea. Until then we could take Vizeroo's suggestion and buy a blanket with bunnies and chicks on it to cover up the doughnut.
                    2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
                      Good idea. Until then we could take Vizeroo's suggestion and buy a blanket with bunnies and chicks on it to cover up the doughnut.
                      I hope the ice machine is all ready for Friday night. We can't have any technical difficulties in cooling down the Crown Royal.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
                        Seconded!
                        Denver Pioneers - NCAA ICE HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS - 1958, 60, 61, 68, 69, 2004, 05, 2017

2016-17 Penrose Cup Champions

YEARS SINCE LAST COLORADO COLLEGE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP - 61...and counting

Chicago Cubs - WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS - 1907, 1908, 2016

Chicago Blackhawks - STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS - 1934, 1938, 1961, 2010, 2013, 2015

Manchester City F.C. - Premier League/First Division Winners - 1937, 1968, 2012, 2014.

RIP Butch

sigpic
                        www.firstandmonday.com

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
                          For DU fans in the Boston area Mookie1995 has 2 tickets for Saturday's game. See him on DU Battles Boston thread
                          Got 'em!!! I guess I will be surrounded by Red Terriers. DG, I'll come find you!! Look for the crimson and gold attire!!!
                          Tom Serratore

Comment

Originally posted by Dmann View Post
                            Got 'em!!! I guess I will be surrounded by Red Terriers. DG, I'll come find you!! Look for the crimson and gold attire!!!
                            I'll post on here Saturday morning where we are pregaming on Saturday night.

Comment

Originally posted by dggoddard View Post
                              I'll post on here Saturday morning where we are pregaming on Saturday night.
                              Sounds good!!!
                              Tom Serratore

Comment

Some of us may need to "gear up" for the season. These guys offer many items, and you can get the "arched Denver" as well as the block DU. And they also offer items in, uh, larger sizes.

http://www.prepsportswear.com/colleg...FR9ggwodhVH5OA

And if you're good, I won't repost my Tim Sheehy annecdote.
                                Last edited by Old Pio; 10-12-2011, 05:57 PM.
                                2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Working...
                                X