X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: All Things Denver XXXI

Originally posted by dubbie31 View Post
    Big kid too. Hope he has some other attributes though. I want to see how he handles himself with the puck and when he is put under pressure.
    And he'll have to forget about fighting in the NC$$, otherwise he'll be suspended 'til his grandkids graduate.
    2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

One thing I learned tonite:
      Gwoz's daughter goes to BU and Coach Parker hired her to be a student assistant.
      Is that nepotism 2000 miles removed?
      GO DU !!!

Comment

Larraza says in his post game interview that 31 won't make the trip to Boston that Hope travels instead. Anybody know why?
        Go Pioneers!

Comment

You have got to be freakin kidding me!!!!

update from Chamber's blog. Weird twist to start the season.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/colleges/category/hockey/

THE PLOT THICKENS: Junior Zack Hope, a 5-foot-7, 145-pounder donning blue pads, finished the game for the Pioneers. Why? Because he will be DU’s backup (or starting?) goalie in next Friday’s season opener at Boston College. No kidding. DU coach George Gwozdecky revealed that Olkinuora will serve a three-game eligibility suspension to begin his NCAA career and Hope — who was just a DU student the past two years — will at the very least be the backup.

I would have played him for more than the last five minutes!
          Go Pioneers!

Comment

Originally posted by MagnessMan View Post
            You have got to be freakin kidding me!!!!

update from Chamber's blog. Weird twist to start the season.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/colleges/category/hockey/

THE PLOT THICKENS: Junior Zack Hope, a 5-foot-7, 145-pounder donning blue pads, finished the game for the Pioneers. Why? Because he will be DU’s backup (or starting?) goalie in next Friday’s season opener at Boston College. No kidding. DU coach George Gwozdecky revealed that Olkinuora will serve a three-game eligibility suspension to begin his NCAA career and Hope — who was just a DU student the past two years — will at the very least be the backup.

I would have played him for more than the last five minutes!

Weird? You better freakin' believe it. Let's see if I've got this right: #1 on the goalie depth chart is rehabbing a knee and won't be available 'til mid season. #2. Of whom much is expected, has a "lower body" tweak. #3. Is being chased down by ICE agents. #4 Needed a map to find Magness. And going into the big weekend opening series, he's now #2. Nah, that's not weird, that's just the way we do things at DU.
            Last edited by Old Pio; 10-08-2011, 04:10 AM.

Comment

Gwoz trying to play a Finnish pro? Nothing surprises me anymore with this cheat...

Comment

Classic shot of the 3 Shores.
                If only all 3 were wearing the Crimson and Gold... (Maybe next year.)
                http://www.denverpioneers.com/PhotoA...&PALBID=419657
                Last edited by vizoroo; 10-08-2011, 10:41 AM.
                GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by willythekid View Post
                  Gwoz trying to play a Finnish pro? Nothing surprises me anymore with this cheat...
                  Yeah, but at least he can read and write (in two languages) and isn't any good at the lawnmower toss.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
                    Yeah, but at least he can read and write (in two languages) and isn't any good at the lawnmower toss.
                    that's too bad because the last guy that was awesome at lawnmower toss should have won the hobey baker...

Comment

that's too bad because the last guy that was awesome at lawnmower toss should have won the hobey baker...
                      And this is a credential? He "should" have won Miss America, too. So?

Comment

Kevin Dineen gets his first win as an NHL coach last night as the Florida Panthers beat the Islanders 2-0.

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
                          One thing I learned tonite:
                          Gwoz's daughter goes to BU and Coach Parker hired her to be a student assistant.
                          Is that nepotism 2000 miles removed?
                          No, I think nepotism would be if she was the student manager on her dad's team. This is just....networking.

Any of you planning to head east for the games this weekend? Too bad they weren't scheduled for this weekend. The weather is gorgeous. Long term forecast calls for rain on Friday.

Comment

Polls should be interesting Monday as #'s 1, 2, and 3 all had a loss.

BC handled North Dakota. BU shut out UNH.
                            And we play both of them this coming weekend
                            GO DU !!!

Comment

Miele did win it. Didn't know he was good at it too???

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
                              Polls should be interesting Monday as #'s 1, 2, and 3 all had a loss.

BC handled North Dakota. BU shut out UNH.
                              And we play both of them this coming weekend
                              I think the pollsters should go ahead and rank Denver/BC 1 and 2 respectively. Believe that game is on TV as well.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                                I think the pollsters should go ahead and rank Denver/BC 1 and 2 respectively. Believe that game is on TV as well.
                                After watching BC bury the sioux, I think BC would get the #1 ranking.
                                GO DU !!!

Comment

Working...
                                X