• Show
Clear All

• Re: All Things Denver XXXI

Bump!!!
    "The bottom line is, the cream rose to the top, and that’s Denver.”
    Tom Serratore

Comment

Any word on Larrazza, and whether he will be able to play vs. the Boston schools?

Comment

According to Chambers in his game recap blog Larraza should be available. It was just paperwork.

Comment

I heard that DU is going to bail on the national to become the 12th team out east. Can anyone confirm this?
          Originally posted by vizoroo
          Thought you had picked the avatar so we could id you. Guess he fooled me too.
          Originally posted by duper
          I obviously missed it, but it sounds like some idiot from CC took trolling to a whole new, totally inappropriate level.

I was well over the borderline. I figured I would meet you on your turf.
          Every time you post like an *******, I want to quote the idiotic comment you made where you claim not to be a troll. You're such a dick.
          Originally posted by dggoddard
          Finally you made me laugh.

There may be hope for you yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Dmann View Post
            Finally BBM! I think this might be the first non Swami post you've made here. Good trend!

I’m a fan of the team, the players, the coaching staff and yes I favor the families of the players over loud mouth complainers. Hell, I even appreciate and applaud Chancellor Coombe. He might not be a hockey fanatic like Chancellor Ritchie but he still is very supportive of the program.

As to the those that only ***** and whine here, who don’t support the program other than to tell us the way it used to be, or those who have to tell us of their own vast knowledge and experience (even if it’s just the length of time that they’ve been posting here) and to those that just can’t help themselves but to put down the team or the individual players … well for those folks, I’ve got two words for ya.
            Last edited by BigBossMan; 10-05-2011, 05:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dggoddard View Post
              According to Chambers in his game recap blog Larraza should be available. It was just paperwork.
              Good deal. He is one of the guys that I'm looking forward to seeing. But we have so much depth at forward, that I wonder if the freshmen will have as much of a chance to shine as they've had in recent years.

Any reports on how Mayfield did in the McGill game?

Comment

According to Mike Chambers' blog, Didier will play Friday, Tabrun and Knowlton won't, and still waiting on Larraza's paperwork. Also expect a story on the Shore Bros tomorrow.

For the new guys: In the post game Gwoz gave the most props to Doremus, Larkin, Loney, LaLeggia and Yuho in goal. Didn't mention Mayfield. Don't remember Mayfield getting many mentions during the game. Also Shawn Ostrow playing center for the first time at DU.
                Last edited by vizoroo; 10-05-2011, 09:58 PM.
                GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
                  According to Mike Chambers' blog, Didier will play Friday, Tabrun and Knowlton won't, and still waiting on Larraza's paperwork. Also expect a story on the Shore Bros tomorrow.

For the new guys: In the post game Gwoz gave the most props to Doremus, Larkin, Loney, LaLeggia and Yuho in goal. Didn't mention Mayfield. Don't remember Mayfield getting many mentions during the game. Also Shawn Ostrow playing center for the first time at DU.
                  Link to Chambers' Shore story
                  DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

Originally posted by BigBossMan View Post
                    I’m a fan of the team, the players, the coaching staff and yes I favor the families of the players over loud mouth complainers. Hell, I even appreciate and applaud Chancellor Coombe. He might not be a hockey fanatic like Chancellor Ritchie but he still is very supportive of the program.

As to the those that only ***** and whine here, who don’t support the program other than to tell us the way it used to be, or those who have to tell us of their own vast knowledge and experience (even if it’s just the length of time that they’ve been posting here) and to those that just can’t help themselves but to put down the team or the individual players … well for those folks, I’ve got two words for ya.
                    You make some good points, but you obviously don't know Swami because you have not described him at all. He wasn't a loudmouth complainer. He didn't tell us about his vast knowledge of the game, he just used his vast knowledge to give you his thoughts and let you work out for yourself taht the knowledge was there. The only times I remember Swami clashing with anyone much was when people who like to talk about their own vast knowledge of the game got into it with him.

What he did is give his thoughts on every game, including which players had made an impression. On balance, he was a really positive guy. His assessment of coming matchups as well as recent games were rally interesting and (I thought) pretty insightful. For myself, I love DU hockey, but I don't know a whole lot about the game. A lot of what I do know I learned from reading Swami, Jimbo, Chris and some other guys on the board who talk about the game itself. So like anyone else who gives their honest thoughts (including you) sometimes the things they say are not too positive. But like I said, on balance, he was a positive guy and there was never any question as to his loyalty.

In any case, my advice to you right now (which I'm sure you don't want) let it go. You have made it known that you don't want to read the opinions of a loudmouth know-it-all who is just negative. We get it. You are starting to be that guy, though, and if Puck Swami does go back to posting you will learn first hand that he isn't that guy.
                    Last edited by duper; 10-06-2011, 09:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pablo View Post
                      Good deal. He is one of the guys that I'm looking forward to seeing. But we have so much depth at forward, that I wonder if the freshmen will have as much of a chance to shine as they've had in recent years.

Any reports on how Mayfield did in the McGill game?
                      I remember seeing him on the ice a pretty good bit. I can't really say how he played, but I do remember specifically noticing him several times.

Comment

Originally posted by duper View Post
                        You make some good points, but you obviously don't know Swami because you have not described him at all. He wasn't a loudmouth complainer. He didn't tell us about his vast knowledge of the game, he just used his vast knowledge to give you his thoughts and let you work out for yourself taht the knowledge was there. The only times I remember Swami clashing with anyone much was when people who like to talk about their own vast knowledge of the game got into it with him.

What he did is give his thoughts on every game, including which players had made an impression. On balance, he was a really positive guy. His assessment of coming matchups as well as recent games were rally interesting and (I thought) pretty insightful. For myself, I love DU hockey, but I don't know a whole lot about the game. A lot of what I do know I learned from reading Swami, Jimbo, Chris and some other guys on the board who talk about the game itself. So like anyone else who gives their honest thoughts (including you) sometimes the things they say are not too positive. But like I said, on balance, he was a positive guy and there was never any question as to his loyalty.

In any case, my advice to you right now (which I'm sure you don't want) let it go. You have made it known that you don't want to read the opinions of a loudmouth know-it-all who is just negative. We get it. You are starting to be that guy, though, and if Puck Swami does go back to posting you will learn first hand that he isn't that guy.
                        Excellent post. Duper 1 BBM 0.
                        DU Pioneer Hockey. National Champions: 1958, 1960, 1961, 1968, 1969, 2004, 2005
                        sigpic
                        WCHA arenas I have visited: Magness, Kohl, Sullivan, National Hockey Center, DECC, Cleveland Steamer World Arena (CSWA)

Thanks for your friendship Jimbo!!!

Comment

Originally posted by duper View Post
                          clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap!!!!!!!!
                          "The bottom line is, the cream rose to the top, and that’s Denver.”
                          Tom Serratore

Comment

DU defense ranked #1 and Offense #2 in WCHA.
                            http://www.westerncollegehockeyblog.com/
                            GO DU !!!

Comment

You guys are wasting your breath trying to reason with a troll, whose only purpose on USCHO and LetsgoDu is to be a dick. But whatever, carry on.

Three Shores on the ice on Friday. Very cool. Nice article by Chambers in the post. Go DU hockey and DU soccer on Friday night!

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
                                DU defense ranked #1 and Offense #2 in WCHA.
                                http://www.westerncollegehockeyblog.com/
                                Thanks for the link, Vizoroo. Nice blurb in there about DU's defense:

1. Denver- The Pioneers lost a great defenseman in Matt Donovan to the pros, return a nice offensive defenseman in David Makowski and add two amazing skaters in Scott Mayfield and Joey Laleggia. Those players should be able to partner with solid, responsible defensive defensemen like John Lee, John Ryder, and Paul Phillips to form a pretty dominating unit.

Comment

Working...
                                X