X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: All Things Denver XXXI

Originally posted by Bullitt View Post
    I went to the AFA/McGill tonight. They (just a few of 'em) played like thugs here tonight as well. Unfortunately a McGill player took out Mitch Torrel late in the 3rd...a wicked blow to the head. He got tossed and Torrel was on the ice for 10+ minutes...they carried him off on a stretcher...2 towels soaked with blood and a crew had to scrape the rest of the blood off. What an ugly sight. Keep Torrel in your prayers.
    Sounds awful. However, scalp wounds bleed profusely, and the presence of a lot of blood doesn't necessarily mean significant skull injury. Fingers crossed.
    2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Originally posted by Bullitt View Post
      I went to the AFA/McGill tonight. They (just a few of 'em) played like thugs here tonight as well. Unfortunately a McGill player took out Mitch Torrel late in the 3rd...a wicked blow to the head. He got tossed and Torrel was on the ice for 10+ minutes...they carried him off on a stretcher...2 towels soaked with blood and a crew had to scrape the rest of the blood off. What an ugly sight. Keep Torrel in your prayers.
      Sounds serious. Keep us posted on Torrel's condition.

I've often noticed how loose fitting the players seem to wear their helmets these days. We've talked in the past about the helmets that Mark Messier promotes to protect from concussions. And of course most hockey fans are aware of the death of DU Alum Bill Masterton who died from an injury when his head hit the ice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dh_uLi6Bf7s
      Last edited by dggoddard; 10-04-2011, 05:37 AM.

Comment

Lastest update:

Torrel does have movement in his arms and legs. Looks like a concussion at this time.

Torrel was bent over and skating backward into the McGill zone while collecting the puck when McGill's Francis Verreault-Paul elbowed Torrel in the back of the head, driving him helmet-first into the boards. He suffered a head injury and a cut above the left eye.

Air Force played them tough...and won 5-4.

Comment

Now that we have the Swami rumors cleared up...

I'm sure he'll return to posting sometime, but I bet he has other ways to support the program in the meantime.

For those out there who can't handle fans talking about players: STAY OFF THE INTERNET, and crawl back into your bubble. Either that, or grow a thicker skin and stop messing with the people that actually give a dammmmn about DU hockey.

I can't wait for the season to start. I know it's a burden to carry heavy expectations, but this could be a team to get excited about if everyone can stay healthy. Bennett, Shore, Zucker, Makowski, Ryder, Mayfield. Looks promising, especially with Murray's solid debut against McGill.

I'm mostly bummed about Notre Dame, but what are you gonna do? If there was a behind-the-scenes refusal to give in to any unreasonable Notre Dame demands, then I'm OK with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Pablo View Post
            grow a thicker skin and stop messing with the people that actually give a dammmmn about DU hockey.
            That should apply to the people who post here as well.

Comment

Now that we have the Swami rumors cleared up...

I'm sure he'll return to posting sometime, but I bet he has other ways to support the program in the meantime.

For those out there who can't handle fans talking about players: STAY OFF THE INTERNET, and crawl back into your bubble. Either that, or grow a thicker skin and stop messing with the people that actually give a dammmmn about DU hockey.

I can't wait for the season to start. I know it's a burden to carry heavy expectations, but this could be a team to get excited about if everyone can stay healthy. Bennett, Shore, Zucker, Makowski, Ryder, Mayfield. Looks promising, especially with Murray's solid debut against McGill.

I'm mostly bummed about Notre Dame, but what are you gonna do? If there was a behind-the-scenes refusal to give in to any unreasonable Notre Dame demands, then I'm OK with it.
              Well said Pablo.
              Denver Pioneers - NCAA ICE HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS - 1958, 60, 61, 68, 69, 2004, 05, 2017

2016-17 Penrose Cup Champions

YEARS SINCE LAST COLORADO COLLEGE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP - 61...and counting

Chicago Cubs - WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS - 1907, 1908, 2016

Chicago Blackhawks - STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS - 1934, 1938, 1961, 2010, 2013, 2015

Manchester City F.C. - Premier League/First Division Winners - 1937, 1968, 2012, 2014.

RIP Butch

sigpic
              www.firstandmonday.com

Comment

Wait, what did I mss here? What about Notre Dame?
                "The bottom line is, the cream rose to the top, and that’s Denver.”
                Tom Serratore

Comment

Originally posted by Dmann View Post
                  Looks like they are going to Hockey East. I don't know if it's official, but that's the buzz because I think the NCHC announced they are sticking with 8 teams.

Comment

Dmann, now that hockey season is beginning you are really going to need to keep up and check in more often
                    GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
                      Dmann, now that hockey season is beginning you are really going to need to keep up and check in more often
                      Ok, but that doesn't answer my question!!! Let me guess, they don't want to be in the Super League?
                      Tom Serratore

Comment

Originally posted by dggoddard View Post
                        No one confronted him. That was a rumor posted by CCtig and repeated incorrectly by Chris.

Basically he was sent a threatening anonymous letter. Most likely it was sent by a player parent.

How did a parent of a DU hockey player get Swami's home address? Sounds sort of fishy.

Comment

Ok, but that doesn't answer my question!!! Let me guess, they don't want to be in the Super League?
                          ND Scheduled to join Hockey East announcement today. Rumored dispute with NCHC over television contract. Sunday, NCHC announced will begin 2013-14 with 8 teams.

Remember there is a game this weekend and three Shore Bros. could be on the ice.
                          Last edited by vizoroo; 10-05-2011, 10:15 AM.
                          GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
                            remember there is a game this weekend and three shore bros. Could be on the ice.
                            usa! usa! usa!

Comment

Originally posted by BigBossMan View Post
                              usa! usa! usa!

Finally BBM! I think this might be the first non Swami post you've made here. Good trend!
                              Tom Serratore

Comment

Originally posted by BigBossMan View Post
                                How did a parent of a DU hockey player get Swami's home address? Sounds sort of fishy.
                                Background check websites...they probably got his name from another parent. There's ways.
                                Denver Pioneers - NCAA ICE HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS - 1958, 60, 61, 68, 69, 2004, 05, 2017

2016-17 Penrose Cup Champions

YEARS SINCE LAST COLORADO COLLEGE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP - 61...and counting

Chicago Cubs - WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS - 1907, 1908, 2016

Chicago Blackhawks - STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS - 1934, 1938, 1961, 2010, 2013, 2015

Manchester City F.C. - Premier League/First Division Winners - 1937, 1968, 2012, 2014.

RIP Butch

sigpic
                                www.firstandmonday.com

Comment

Working...
                                X