This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: All Things Denver XXXI

Just caught up with the thread a bit after spending the weekend with the future in-laws. Had to book the wedding venue and set the official date and time. No turning back now!!!

Just read back through the thread and saw my question on Swami was answered. Would love to know which idiot confronted him. Swami has always been a respected part of our community and has never shown people anything but respect. Hope to see him in the arena this season.

Anyways, I'm a bit nervous for DU this season. The #1 in the WCHA pick I think is a bit high considering the uncertainties in goal with Brittain out for an extended period of time.

Here's to hoping Murray steps it up this season!
    Denver Pioneers - NCAA ICE HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS - 1958, 60, 61, 68, 69, 2004, 05, 2017

2016-17 Penrose Cup Champions

YEARS SINCE LAST COLORADO COLLEGE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP - 61...and counting

Chicago Cubs - WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS - 1907, 1908, 2016

Chicago Blackhawks - STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS - 1934, 1938, 1961, 2010, 2013, 2015

Manchester City F.C. - Premier League/First Division Winners - 1937, 1968, 2012, 2014.

RIP Butch

sigpic
    www.firstandmonday.com

Comment

Originally posted by dubbie31 View Post
      Just caught up with the thread a bit after spending the weekend with the future in-laws. Had to book the wedding venue and set the official date and time. No turning back now!!!

Just read back through the thread and saw my question on Swami was answered. Would love to know which idiot confronted him.!
      No one confronted him. That was a rumor posted by CCtig and repeated incorrectly by Chris.

Basically he was sent a threatening anonymous letter. Most likely it was sent by a player parent.

Comment

Originally posted by dggoddard View Post
        No one confronted him. That was a rumor posted by CCtig and repeated incorrectly by Chris.

Basically he was sent a threatening anonymous letter. Most likely it was sent by a player parent.
        What a total knob...thanks for clearing that up for my DG. Still makes me very angry. No one has more respect and no one wants success for DU hockey more than Swami. Utter disgrace...
        Denver Pioneers - NCAA ICE HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS - 1958, 60, 61, 68, 69, 2004, 05, 2017

Manchester City F.C. - Premier League/First Division Winners - 1937, 1968, 2012, 2014.

RIP Butch

sigpic
        www.firstandmonday.com

Comment

When did CCtig start this rumor? I am under the impression it was started by BBM. Is Chris BBM?

Originally posted by BigBossMan View Post
          I come to a different conclusion. Swami got into a physical confrontation with the family of a DU player.

That would be a great screen for Swami’s reincarnation though - AnIdiotGoneTooFar.
          Last edited by ronmexico; 10-03-2011, 05:02 PM.
          Originally posted by vizoroo
          Thought you had picked the avatar so we could id you. Guess he fooled me too.
          Originally posted by duper
          I obviously missed it, but it sounds like some idiot from CC took trolling to a whole new, totally inappropriate level.

I was well over the borderline. I figured I would meet you on your turf.
          Every time you post like an *******, I want to quote the idiotic comment you made where you claim not to be a troll. You're such a dick.
          Originally posted by dggoddard
          Finally you made me laugh.

There may be hope for you yet.

Comment

Could anyone take a stab at what the D pairings might look like for the season opener. I'm wondering where Josiah Didier fits. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by montreal View Post
              Could anyone take a stab at what the D pairings might look like for the season opener. I'm wondering where Josiah Didier fits. Thanks
              DU will roll 7 defensemen & 11 forwards every game this season barring injuries and Didier will get major minutes. Whom he is paired with is anybody's guess but likely candidates would seem to be Makowski, Lee, Phillips or Ryder in that order.

Didier was injured this weekend with a puck off the foot, but he'll be in the lineup next week and you can bet that will be the lines that will be used early in the season.

Phillips - Makowski
              Ryder - Mayfield
              LaLeggia - Lee
              Last edited by dggoddard; 10-03-2011, 04:47 PM.

Comment

What a total knob...thanks for clearing that up for my DG. Still makes me very angry. No one has more respect and no one wants success for DU hockey more than Swami. Utter disgrace...
                It's good to have the accurate information. I feel badly about my role in spreading the rumors. But my reaction is the same: move it on down the road, a*shole.
                2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

I never said he was threatened. When did I say that? Show me.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
                    I never said he was threatened. When did I say that? Show me.
                    My mistake. Its hard to keep track of all this crap and who said what. I tried to stay out of this and when I finally said something I misquoted you.

Larazza should be back next week according to Chambers.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/colleges...ity-of-denver/

"Freshman forward Zac Larraza is expected to be cleared by the NCAA this week. His 21-day grace period of being able to practice with the team ended today, Gwozdecky said, but the coach doesn’t anticipate any problems with getting him cleared."
                    Last edited by dggoddard; 10-03-2011, 05:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ronmexico View Post
                      When did CCtig start this rumor? I am under the impression it was started by BBM. Is Chris BBM?
                      I don't hide behind a moniker and never have, been posting here since the mid 90's when the only other DU posters were Jimbo, Pablo, a dude named Andy, a dude named Pete and Swami under his real name. If someone has a problem with me, it's not hard to find me at games or find out who I am and I couldn't care less any how, talk to me.... All I ever meant about Swami is that there are 2 schools of thought in regards to him -- some love him and some hate him and each for their own reasons. I personally like Swami even when I don't agree with him all the time, but I choose to try and be neutral as I know people from both camps in regards to their "Swami feelings".

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
                        I don't hide behind a moniker and never have, been posting here since the mid 90's when the only other DU posters were Jimbo, Pablo, a dude named Andy, a dude named Pete and Swami under his real name. If someone has a problem with me, it's not hard to find me at games or find out who I am and I couldn't care less any how, talk to me.... All I ever meant about Swami is that there are 2 schools of thought in regards to him -- some love him and some hate him and each for their own reasons. I personally like Swami even when I don't agree with him all the time, but I choose to try and be neutral as I know people from both camps in regards to their "Swami feelings".
                        On here, especially among the Denver faithfull that have posted here for years...Swami has been a staple of the fanbase on this forum. I think we definitely need to work at getting him back. I think Swami, DG, Old Pio and Chris were the only other DU fans on here when I came in...maybe a few others.

I know I have had differences with people...I know Chris and I have had disagreements in the past... but who doesn't?

I just feel that whoever drove swami away from here really needs a reality check.

Its really not a matter of how he was driven away, its a matter of backing him and getting him back on here.

RIP Butch

sigpic
                        www.firstandmonday.com

Comment

On here, especially among the Denver faithfull that have posted here for years...Swami has been a staple of the fanbase on this forum. I think we definitely need to work at getting him back. I think Swami, DG, Old Pio and Chris were the only other DU fans on here when I came in...maybe a few others.

I know I have had differences with people...I know Chris and I have had disagreements in the past... but who doesn't?

I just feel that whoever drove swami away from here really needs a reality check.

Its really not a matter of how he was driven away, its a matter of backing him and getting him back on here.
                          Here! Here! or is it Hear! Hear!
                          But I, for one, would love to read Swami's analysis of this year's team.
                          GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
                            Here! Here! or is it Hear! Hear!
                            But I, for one, would love to read Swami's analysis of this year's team.
                            As would I!

RIP Butch

sigpic
                            www.firstandmonday.com

Comment

My mistake. Its hard to keep track of all this crap and who said what. I tried to stay out of this and when I finally said something I misquoted you.
                              Actually it was Old Pio.

Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
                              For those of us who are out of town, our understanding is that you angrily confronted Swami at Magness last year, all lathered up about something he posted here. Our further understanding is that you are a hockey parent.

Comment

Originally posted by PenaltyBoxBeast View Post
                                I'm just curious, did McGill play like bunch of thugs Saturday night? All through the CC game, McGill players were getting tossed for hits to the head and checking from behind. After a line brawl in the third period, CC had 3 players tossed and McGill had 3 tossed (in that exchange, both teams combined for 90+ minutes of penalties). I'm glad to see that team leave.

By the way, CC dominated most of the game and won 3-2.
                                I went to the AFA/McGill tonight. They (just a few of 'em) played like thugs here tonight as well. Unfortunately a McGill player took out Mitch Torrel late in the 3rd...a wicked blow to the head. He got tossed and Torrel was on the ice for 10+ minutes...they carried him off on a stretcher...2 towels soaked with blood and a crew had to scrape the rest of the blood off. What an ugly sight. Keep Torrel in your prayers.

Comment

Working...
                                X