X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: All Things Denver XXXI

Originally posted by CCtig View Post
    Guys, come up and say hi to me, I'll be easy to find, the one and only fan wearing a CC jersey with black CC cap. And since I'll be cheering for McGill to put a five spot on Murray I'll buy you both a beer! I think I met Duper before, but if I did it was many years ago.

Go Tigers!
    I'll keep an eye out. Kind of like you, I remember the fact that we've met, but I think you could walk by me without looking familiar anymore. I will try to be in the normal intermission hangout.

I'm pretty stoked for this. I know it's only an exhibition game, but since the last college hockey game I went to involved BU beating DU in the '09 Denver Cup, I'm ready to see some live hockey.

Comment

Weircioch reassigned to Binghamton today.
      GO DU !!!

Comment

Well they may not have gotten the desired result, but it was nice to be back in the building and see some folks again. Yep, I'm definitely excited about hockey season!

Comment

I'm just curious, did McGill play like bunch of thugs Saturday night? All through the CC game, McGill players were getting tossed for hits to the head and checking from behind. After a line brawl in the third period, CC had 3 players tossed and McGill had 3 tossed (in that exchange, both teams combined for 90+ minutes of penalties). I'm glad to see that team leave.

By the way, CC dominated most of the game and won 3-2.
          Colorado College Tigers

Comment

Originally posted by PenaltyBoxBeast View Post
            I'm just curious, did McGill play like bunch of thugs Saturday night? All through the CC game, McGill players were getting tossed for hits to the head and checking from behind. After a line brawl in the third period, CC had 3 players tossed and McGill had 3 tossed (in that exchange, both teams combined for 90+ minutes of penalties). I'm glad to see that team leave.

There was a little chippiness in front of the nets on a couple of occasions, but nothing like what you describe.
            2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Looking at the box score from Saturday nights game I see that Zac Larraza didn't play. He got a lot of pre-season hype as an impact freshman. Was he injured, not ready, or not in uniform for some other reason?

Comment

Originally posted by rccplayer View Post
                Looking at the box score from Saturday nights game I see that Zac Larraza didn't play. He got a lot of pre-season hype as an impact freshman. Was he injured, not ready, or not in uniform for some other reason?
                Zac didn't pass the "NCAA Clearinghouse," which is code for some of his high school academic credits are under review. This usually happens to foreign players, so for this to happen to a player from the USNDP, Ann Arbor High School and a DU recruit is very, very unusual.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/colleges...-opener/20865/
                Last edited by dggoddard; 10-03-2011, 09:55 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the response on Zac....does the NCAA give a timeline on a decision or is he out for the year?

Comment

Originally posted by rccplayer View Post
                    Thanks for the response on Zac....does the NCAA give a timeline on a decision or is he out for the year?
                    Could be days, weeks or a semester/quarter depending on what the issue is. Sometimes its just a paperwork foul-up, say his high school didn't mail the transcript in time. Or it could be grades.

He may also have taken summer school at DU to fix the issue and the credits hadn't been approved by the clearinghouse in time for last Saturday's game.

Comment

• Originally posted by dggoddard View Post
                      Zac didn't pass the "NCAA Clearinghouse," which is code for some of his high school academic credits are under review. This usually happens to foreign players, so for this to happen to a player from the USNDP, Ann Arbor High School and a DU recruit is very, very unusual.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/colleges...-opener/20865/
                      He is not alone.

I wonder if it is an az thing even though he went to pioneer bc und has an az native waiting to be cleared as well and he accelerated and graduated from a Fargo high school in 2010

Comment

Originally posted by sfo19 View Post
                        He is not alone.

I wonder if it is an az thing even though he went to pioneer bc und has an az native waiting to be cleared as well and he accelerated and graduated from a Fargo high school in 2010
                        Interesting.

Obviously the NCAA Clearinghouse is for all sports, so with thousands of high school athletes from Arizona playing NCAA football, hoops, and every other men's & women's sports, you'd think that it would be worked out by now. But whatever the reason for both AZ hockey players an interesting connection.
                        Last edited by dggoddard; 10-03-2011, 10:44 AM.

Comment

Donovan sent to Bridgeport by Isles yesterday.

From Chambers about Larraza and Didier.

Freshman D-man Josiah Didier (foot injury) is expected to return to practice Monday. Freshman forward Zac Larraza is expected to be cleared by the NCAA this week. His 21-day grace period of being able to practice with the team ended today, Gwozdecky said, but the coach doesn’t anticipate any problems with getting him cleared.
                          Last edited by du78; 10-03-2011, 10:54 AM.
                          DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

The suspensions to freshman forward Matt Tabrum and junior forward Chris Knowlton are indefinite, Gwozdecky said.
                            Maiani got 2 or 4 games one year, but "indefinite"...hmmm? Maybe they have to prove they can folloow the rules or make up some academics. Hope it doesn't become like Merrill's 12 games at Michigan.
                            GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by sfo19 View Post
                              He is not alone.

Apologizing in advance, but I just couldn't help myself.
                              Perhaps History of the Sugar Beet and Sandbagging for Fun and Profit are not considered core classes.
                              GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by PenaltyBoxBeast View Post

I was at the McGill vs DU game at World Arena North Saturday. McGill and DU actually played a hockey game, unlike what we saw Sunday.

Go Tigers!
                                World Arena North (aka Magness Arena on the campus of Denver State University) where the Colorado College Tigers are 17-11-5 all time against the Metro State Pioneers. Thank you Denver Roadrunners for building a second home for CC!!

World Arena North lives on!! Go Tigers!!

CC Tiger fans join us at: http://cctigerhockey.yuku.com

Comment

Working...
                                X