X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: All Things Denver XXXI

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    Add Will Butcher according to Heisenberg.
    Thanks Ralph, snatched out of Madison, WI

He is supposedly one of the top 5 U.S. born 1995 d-men. He will be coming to DU in 2013.

Only 4 kids left on the U-17 team that haven't committed including both goalies.
    Last edited by du78; 09-01-2011, 04:31 PM.
    DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
      Add Will Butcher according to Heisenberg.
      Holy smokes. The new recruiting software has only been up and running for a few days & this is who they land.

Comment

Originally posted by dggoddard View Post
        Holy smokes. The new recruiting software has only been up and running for a few days & this is who they land.
        recruiting software??? Please to explain!!
        "The bottom line is, the cream rose to the top, and that’s Denver.”
        Tom Serratore

Comment

Have you guys seen this???

http://www.cnn.com/2011/SPORT/09/01/...html?hpt=hp_c1
          Tom Serratore

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
            Thanks for the great post. I'm naturally delighted with a high pre-season ranking, although you can't put them on a credit ap. And I don't mean to be a cranky old geezer, but what does it take to put a stake through the heart of the g.d. jelly donut? How do we go about making sure everyone understands that's no longer our logo and here's the artwork for our new one? Jeez I hate that.
            The jellyhawk logo is definitely a source of, uh, disgust; No one can argue with that. The chickenhawk outfit is, well, thankfully possibly burned or at least trashed. The problem is, as I see it, that DU is not an arts-oriented school and, thus, has no clue when it comes to anything artsy. The rumor I heard was that DU paid upwards of $20K on this whole travesty...I can guarantee that with Denver's thriving art community that paying that much is completely unnecessary. Business-oriented people have absolutely no ability to make proper artsy decisions, such as artsy people are business-defiecient -- two different mindsets -- which is why DU overpaid for crap (because the busniness-oriented mindset states you get what you paid for [which is stupid in regards to anything artsy] and the artsy-oriented mindset states that getting your art out there, aka notoriety, is worth more than a current payday [hence the starving artist]).

Also, I'm the one who ranted on DG's blog recently about that travesty of a remake of the fight song...good gawd...it's one the same level, musically, as the smooshed jellyhawk. Just wrong. As I see it, why not do an audio to MIDI conversion of the original and do drum replacement to modernize it while retraining the original feel and swing, with a re-recording of the vocals in an appreciative way while adding appropriate backing instrumentation (aka NO electric, wannabe, guitar )

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
              The jellyhawk logo is definitely a source of, uh, disgust; No one can argue with that. The chickenhawk outfit is, well, thankfully possibly burned or at least trashed. The problem is, as I see it, that DU is not an arts-oriented school and, thus, has no clue when it comes to anything artsy. The rumor I heard was that DU paid upwards of $20K on this whole travesty...I can guarantee that with Denver's thriving art community that paying that much is completely unnecessary. Business-oriented people have absolutely no ability to make proper artsy decisions, such as artsy people are business-defiecient -- two different mindsets -- which is why DU overpaid for crap (because the busniness-oriented mindset states you get what you paid for [which is stupid in regards to anything artsy] and the artsy-oriented mindset states that getting your art out there, aka notoriety, is worth more than a current payday [hence the starving artist]).

Also, I'm the one who ranted on DG's blog recently about that travesty of a remake of the fight song...good gawd...it's one the same level, musically, as the smooshed jellyhawk. Just wrong. As I see it, why not do an audio to MIDI conversion of the original and do drum replacement to modernize it while retraining the original feel and swing, with a re-recording of the vocals in an appreciative way while adding appropriate backing instrumentation (aka NO electric, wannabe, guitar )
              Works for me. As I've posted before, the "D-Rah" isn't exactly the "Notre Dame Victory March," but then, nothing else is. But it is ours and it is a decent fight song. It's great we've got a pep band back and it's great to hear it from time to time in Magness. On the "art" business I think you're right. You're too young to remember it, but back in the 70's NBC unveiled, with great fanfare, an expensive new logo that was going to take them into the future. Only one problem: it was the exact logo used by Nebraska public TV. Oops.

Whenever I see the photo of the DU locker room in Magness with the jelly donut prominently displaed, I want to puke. I understand replacing an otherwise perfectly good carpet would be expensive, but honestly, if we've got a logo, then why shouldn't it be displayed in the locker room? Surely there's some alum out there (or a group of them) who could help us out here. Media types, who don't know any better, will continue to use the donut because they don't know any better and they don't care. This may be a matter of following up on every occasion when the donut rears its ugly head and smartening up the people who did it. Twenty grand? Sheesh.
              2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Works for me. As I've posted before, the "D-Rah" isn't exactly the "Notre Dame Victory March," but then, nothing else is. But it is ours and it is a decent fight song. It's great we've got a pep band back and it's great to hear it from time to time in Magness. On the "art" business I think you're right. You're too young to remember it, but back in the 70's NBC unveiled, with great fanfare, an expensive new logo that was going to take them into the future. Only one problem: it was the exact logo used by Nebraska public TV. Oops.

Whenever I see the photo of the DU locker room in Magness with the jelly donut prominently displaed, I want to puke. I understand replacing an otherwise perfectly good carpet would be expensive, but honestly, if we've got a logo, then why shouldn't it be displayed in the locker room? Surely there's some alum out there (or a group of them) who could help us out here. Media types, who don't know any better, will continue to use the donut because they don't know any better and they don't care. This may be a matter of following up on every occasion when the donut rears its ugly head and smartening up the people who did it. Twenty grand? Sheesh.
                The smooshed-jellydonut-of-a-hawk () is most definitely embedded in carpet in the bowels of Magness...see it every game night...I don't think DU even has an official logo at this point, we know it has no effect on the actual quality of the program, but wow...something has to be done...

Comment

Originally posted by Dmann View Post
                  Yeah, it has been on the news here in Denver, since he played for the Avalanche...not a positive for our sport and really kinda sad, too young for anyone.

Comment

29 days and counting

Re: the jelly donut rug
                    • hazmat spill on offensive section
                    • paint spill
                    • cut the center out
                    • throw rug
                    • tile mosiac

GO DU !!!

Comment

The smooshed-jellydonut-of-a-hawk () is most definitely embedded in carpet in the bowels of Magness...see it every game night...I don't think DU even has an official logo at this point, we know it has no effect on the actual quality of the program, but wow...something has to be done...
                      Wasn't there an announcement that the arched "Denver" was the official logo? Viz has the right idea. Head to Walmart and get a frilly throwrug. Last season I also noticed (and b*tched about) a jelly donut in the shot during a between period interview with a player. How expensive would it be to cover that up?

What we need here is an athletic department task force. The task? Identify and try to eliminate every manifestation of the donut. In carpeting, in the computers that generate art work for TV stations, etc. Sort of like what they're gonna have to do with a couple of thousand Sioux references in REA.
                      Last edited by Old Pio; 09-02-2011, 03:34 PM.

Comment

Wasn't there an announcement that the arched "Denver" was the official logo? Viz has the right idea. Head to Walmart and get a frilly throwrug. Last season I also noticed (and b*tched about) a jelly donut in the shot during a between period interview with a player. How expensive would it be to cover that up?

What we need here is an athletic department task force. The task? Identify and try to eliminate every manifestation of the donut. In carpeting, in the computers that generate art work for TV stations, etc. Sort of like what they're gonna have to do with a couple of thousand Sioux references in REA.
                        There's all sorts of Boone sightings popping up surreptitiously around campus if you know where to look. Including a mural on the locker room wall of one of DU's teams. The Driscoll Bridge was decorated with many Boone images last Fall.

Comment

Originally posted by dggoddard View Post
                          There's all sorts of Boone sightings popping up surreptitiously around campus if you know where to look. Including a mural on the locker room wall of one of DU's teams. The Driscoll Bridge was decorated with many Boone images last Fall.
                          D*mn. This sounds like a job for the Denver PD.

Comment

28 days and counting
                            GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
                              28 days and counting
                              Getting better....
                              Tom Serratore

Comment

Yeah, it has been on the news here in Denver, since he played for the Avalanche...not a positive for our sport and really kinda sad, too young for anyone.
                                Who was the enforcer for the Avs back in the late 90s? He was part Native American I think and would demolish anyone he fought. Chris something? I wonder what became of him?
                                Tom Serratore

Comment

Working...
                                X