X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: All Things Denver XXXI

Originally posted by Dmann View Post
    This sounds familiar I know, but please wish your fellow DU fan and Captain of his summer lively hood luck as Irene approaches. The boat is secure but not hauled, taking a chance here that the cold waters of Maine will help weaken the storm. Tense times around here!! Oh, and go DU!!!!!
    Fingers crossed. It's weakening. My guess is you'll be okay. By the time it reaches you, it doesn't look like there will be much left. Just to cheer you up, during the great Galveston hurricane of 1900, the worst natural disaster in US history, with a death toll far above 9/11, there was a story about a guy holed up in his house looking out the window and the storm surge was driving a LOCOMOTIVE right at his home!
    2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Originally posted by dggoddard View Post
      The Redline Report ranked DU's recruiting class #3 behind North Dakota & Miami. DU usually doesn't do that well in the Redline rankings, which assess the NHL potential of the recruits down the road. That being said, after the rankings came out 1st round picks #15 (NYR) JT Miller went major juniors instead of NCAA & Miami's #20 (PHX-WIN) Connor Murphy did the same thing.

That would be like DU losing either Joe Colborne, Beau Bennett or Scott Mayfield. Its a big loss for your recruiting class and should propel DU to #1 in the INCH recruiting rankings.
      Losing Murphy was a bigger blow than just in the class rankings. Miami will lose three of its top six defensemen after this season. Maybe it would be considered naive to think Murphy would have been on campus for more than a year, but he could've helped provide elite depth. Fortunately, the pipeline is by no means bare as Miami continues to demonstrate success on the recruiting trail as they have on the ice over the past 10 years.
      http://blogofbrotherhood.com

Comment

This sounds familiar I know, but please wish your fellow DU fan and Captain of his summer lively hood luck as Irene approaches. The boat is secure but not hauled, taking a chance here that the cold waters of Maine will help weaken the storm. Tense times around here!! Oh, and go DU!!!!!
        DU 78, how are you doing? What's up where you are?
        "The bottom line is, the cream rose to the top, and that’s Denver.”
        Tom Serratore

Comment

Interesting article in Chambers Blog about Coach Lassonde.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/colleges...eft-unh/20024/

Comment

Interesting article in Chambers Blog about Coach Lassonde.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/colleges...eft-unh/20024/
            yeah baby yeah!!! In the Irene front, nothing yet aside from rain. The wind should start around 4:00 pm. Can't wait to go down to the docks and watch the action! It has been downgraded to a Tropical storm, plenty of punch though. Hope I made the right decision not to haul!!!
            Tom Serratore

Comment

yeah baby yeah!!! In the Irene front, nothing yet aside from rain. The wind should start around 4:00 pm. Can't wait to go down to the docks and watch the action! It has been downgraded to a Tropical storm, plenty of punch though. Hope I made the right decision not to haul!!!
              Well. . .

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
                Well. . .
                All is well!! The boat survived!
                Tom Serratore

Comment

DU 78, how are you doing? What's up where you are?
                  He and his family lost power on Long Island at 8:30 AM Sunday. Luckily they had several days to prepare.

It usually takes three days to two weeks to get power back but one thing about this hurricane which is unusual is that the areas that lost power are so widespread since the storm ran up the coast as opposed to making landfall in a concentrated area.

Power companies from around the USA send crews in.

Comment

He and his family lost power on Long Island at 8:30 AM Sunday. Luckily they had several days to prepare.

It usually takes three days to two weeks to get power back but one thing about this hurricane which is unusual is that the areas that lost power are so widespread since the storm ran up the coast as opposed to making landfall in a concentrated area.

Power companies from around the USA send crews in.
                    Part of it is just pure luck and where your residence is on the grid. One time in Omaha we had an early, wet snow that tore down thousands of trees and put half the town in the dark. I got my power back later that day, in time to watch the World Series. Friends of mine had to wait two weeks and more.

Comment

Hockey is never going to begin, ever!!!! I need some support here!!!
                      Tom Serratore

Comment

Just got my power back about 3 hours ago. Lots of wind but not as much rain as was expected. More rain was on the western side of the storm which pelted New Jersey where there are major flooding problems. The eye made landfall on Long Island about 10 miles west of my house early Sunday morning. We lost power about a half hour after the landfall. We had high winds through most of the day yesterday. Cleaned up lots of leaves and small branches but I didn't have any big limbs or trees fall on my property. Lots of trees down in the neighborhood which pulled down the wires. Supposedly 90% of the people that lost power on Long Island will get it back by Friday. The last 7 days are one for the record with an earthquake and hurricane all within a week.
                        DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

Glad to hear the East Coast contingent survived!

SoCal has been broiling, but, (knock on wood) no earthquakes or major fires.

BTW, good job on the announcement of the new recruits on http://denverpioneers.com
                          Last edited by vizoroo; 08-29-2011, 10:10 PM.
                          GO DU !!!

Comment

Came across the 1st pre-season prognostication.
                            Pre-season All-WCHA teams...
                            1st Team: Zucker (DU), Schwartz (CC), J. Connolly (UMD), Schultz (UW), Blood (UND), Dell (UND).
                            2nd Team: Shore (DU), Knight (UND), Bjugstad (UMTC), Jensen (SCSU), Ramage (UW), Howe (CC).
                            3rd Team: LeBlanc (SCSU), Zengerle (UW), Broadhurst (UNO), Guentzel (CC), Makowski (DU), Lee (SCSU).
                            Rookies: Grimaldi (UND), Ambroz (UMTC), Megna (UNO), Mayfield (DU), Laleggia (DU), Rumpel (UW). I need opinions. Sorry for having to use Twit longer.

Chuck Schwartz (@UWChuckSchwartz)
                            Posted Tuesday 30th August 2011 from Twitlonger

Not up on the his website yet, just on twitter
                            http://www.buckys5thquarter.com/section/uw-men-s-hockey
                            GO DU !!!

Comment

what did the east coast do to **** off poseidon?
                              I'm the guy with the gold jersey in Magness, who is probably drunk or at least getting in trouble for obscene cheers.

"You all saw what happened. Stick down, gloves off, He challenged the Chiefs. Called us names, CALLED US NAMES!"

CC's titles are older than NASA

Comment

Originally posted by DenverGoldJersey View Post
                                what did the east coast do to **** off poseidon?
                                No kidding. Crazy week.

Glad to hear everyone made it through OK and power is back on.

Comment

Working...
                                X