• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: All Things Denver XXXI

Looks like a really nice hire.

Comment

PioneerVision's fall schedule does not include hockey. Other than exhibitions (which I would watch) the only 2 home games are Oct. 21 & 22 against Minnesota State. A couple of years ago PV did get a feed from Tech (10/27 & 28). I'd watch that too. November is when the home games really begin including the Denver Cup,

Wishful thinking--DU vs BC and DU vs BU Oct 14 and 15.

Okay, I admit it.
      >I'm ready to see more than 3 freshmen listed on the DU roster.
      Further I'm ready to see new player pictures, rather it be frosh or Seniors, who are still using first year pictures.
      >I'm ready to hear about the current Pioneers scrimmaging against the pros at the hockey.
      camp.
      >I'm ready for captains' practices to begin.
      >I'm ready to hear Quentin Shore has committed to DU. (And that Drew, Nick and Quentin will all be playing for the Pioneers in 2012-13.)!!!
      >I'm ready to hear the frosh exceed expectations!
      >I'm ready to hear Sam Brittain's rehab is way ahead of schedule.
      >I'm ready to see the WCHA Pre-Season poll.
      >I'm ready for Puck Swami to start posting again.
      Last edited by vizoroo; 08-16-2011, 12:10 AM.
      GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
        Okay, I admit it.
        >I'm ready to see more than 3 freshmen listed on the DU roster.
        Further I'm ready to see new player pictures, rather it be frosh or Seniors, who are still using first year pictures.
        >I'm ready to hear about the current Pioneers scrimmaging against the pros at the hockey.
        camp.
        >I'm ready for captains' practices to begin.
        >I'm ready to hear Quentin Shore has committed to DU. (And that Drew, Nick and Quentin will all be playing for the Pioneers in 2012-13.)!!!
        >I'm ready to hear the frosh exceed expectations!
        >I'm ready to hear Sam Brittain's rehab is way ahead of schedule.
        >I'm ready to see the WCHA Pre-Season poll.
        >I'm ready for Puck Swami to start posting again.
        HEEEYEAH we are getting closer!!
        GO DU!!!!

ROWDY IN THE FIRST ROW!!!

DU Hockey National Champions: 1958, 1960, 1961, 1968, 1969, 2004, 2005

Comment

Originally posted by Garibaldi83 View Post
          HEEEYEAH we are getting closer!!
          Not close enough!!! Good God this has been a long off season!!! Still haven't heard any love for our Finnish goaltender. Will you guys ever forget how funny our last one was? Goofiest hockey player ever!!! I remember seeing him at Chipotle when it first opened, he was a huge fan of the Barbacoaaaaaa........!!!!!
          "The bottom line is, the cream rose to the top, and that’s Denver.”
          Tom Serratore

Comment

New 2013 recruit Ray Pigozzi from Illinois. He plays for Des Moines in the USHL. One of the the schools he was cosnidering was New Hampshire. Immediate dividends from new assistant coach Lassonde????

http://letsgodu.blogspot.com/2011/08...ersity-of.html
            DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

DU Tops Among Collegiate Programs in The Hockey News Prospect Rankings
              10 Pioneers in the Top 10 Prospects for their NHL teams
              Rakhshani and Cheverie graduated. (Chevy's class graduated in 2011)
              Bennett, Zucker, Drew Shore, Nick Shore, and Mayfield will be wearing the Crimson and Gold
              Colborne, Weircioch, and Donovan would have been Seniors this year
              http://www.denverpioneers.com/ViewAr...B_OEM_ID=18600
              Last edited by vizoroo; 08-18-2011, 10:50 AM.
              GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
                DU Tops Among Collegiate Programs in The Hockey News Prospect Rankings
                10 Pioneers in the Top 10 Prospects for their NHL teams
                Rakhshani and Cheverie graduated. (Chevy's class graduated in 2011)
                Bennett, Zucker, Drew Shore, Nick Shore, and Mayfield will be wearing the Crimson and Gold
                Colborne, Weircioch, and Donovan would have been Seniors this year
                http://www.denverpioneers.com/ViewAr...B_OEM_ID=18600
                Say more things like this!!!
                "The bottom line is, the cream rose to the top, and that’s Denver.”
                Tom Serratore

Comment

Originally posted by Dmann View Post
                  Say more things like this!!!
                  Now the question has to be: How do we keep these stars from bolting the minute the NHL comes calling?

I think the NCAA\NHL should crack down and not let a player leave until they have finished their Junior year or even more extreme until they have graduated. I don't know if anything will ever change on this but I believe something does need to be done. Look at Rhett he had a great career at DU was able to get his degree and is now a successful player in the big leagues.

Just my 2 cents...
                  GO DU!!!!

ROWDY IN THE FIRST ROW!!!

DU Hockey National Champions: 1958, 1960, 1961, 1968, 1969, 2004, 2005

Comment

Originally posted by Garibaldi83 View Post
                    Now the question has to be: How do we keep these stars from bolting the minute the NHL comes calling?

I think the NCAA\NHL should crack down and not let a player leave until they have finished their Junior year or even more extreme until they have graduated. I don't know if anything will ever change on this but I believe something does need to be done. Look at Rhett he had a great career at DU was able to get his degree and is now a successful player in the big leagues.

Just my 2 cents...
                    We could try the Miami Hurricanes plan. Just kidding. Just kidding. Besides, I figure the NC$$ owes us one for putting us on probation when we didn't do anything wrong and were, in fact, on the side of the angels. Just MY two cents.

As I've mentioned before, the first DU player to come out early was two time WCHA scoring champion George Morrison. Signed by St. Louis of the NHL and their G.M. Lynne Patrick, Craig's dad. The guy had 70 goals in just 64 games for the Crimson and Gold! The Clarion described him as "the cool soph with the quick stick." (Mom, Old Pio's doing it again.)
                    Last edited by Old Pio; 08-18-2011, 07:27 PM.
                    2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
                      We could try the Miami Hurricanes plan.
                      A rouge jock sniffing Ponzi scam artist that didn't go to Miami is going to crash the program. Has to be every AD's nightmare.

This is why its a real good idea for alumni to keep clear of the student athletes when they are in college.

Comment

These infractions will not only bring down the athletic department at Miami (FL) but could also end the reign of the current school president and possibly some board members. My guess is that the football program gets the death sentence and the hoops program may get suspended. Miami didn't win anything during the time the infractions took place so no championships will be vacated but a lot of W's will be turned into L's.
                        DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

Originally posted by dggoddard View Post
                          A rouge jock sniffing Ponzi scam artist that didn't go to Miami is going to crash the program. Has to be every AD's nightmare.

This is why its a real good idea for alumni to keep clear of the student athletes when they are in college.
                          Seems like a case tailor made for the death penalty. And richly deserved, IMO. The worst thing I've ever seen in college sports came in a game between Miami and Colorado (McCartney era) in Boulder. Two programs that had deliberately emphasized "thug" culture. On national TV just as the first half ended, they engaged in a bench clearing, helmet swinging brawl. I mean, really ugly. But then, both of those programs WERE really ugly. I will never forget or forgive Miami showing up at the Fiesta Bowl (?) wearing their jungle fatigues. How could a university permit that? The Penn State kids were wearing blazers and ties. Tough call as to which team I wanted to win.

This dude in Miami was a convicted felon. How careful do you have to be to keep a guy like that away from your athletes?
                          Last edited by Old Pio; 08-19-2011, 02:37 PM.

Comment

Seems like a case tailor made for the death penalty. And richly deserved, IMO. The worst thing I've ever seen in college sports came in a game between Miami and Colorado (McCartney era) in Boulder. Two programs that had deliberately emphasized "thug" culture. On national TV just as the first half ended, they engaged in a bench clearing, helmet swinging brawl. I mean, really ugly. But then, both of those programs WERE really ugly. I will never forget or forgive Miami showing up at the Fiesta Bowl (?) wearing their jungle fatigues. How could a university permit that? The Penn State kids were wearing blazers and ties. Tough call as to which team I wanted to win.
                            All of this makes my Buckeyes' win over those thugs for the national championship in 2002 even sweeter!

Comment

Originally posted by Pablo View Post
                              All of this makes my Buckeyes' win over those thugs for the national championship in 2002 even sweeter!
                              Well, the Buckeyes' cachet has certainly diminished just a bit since then.
                              Last edited by Old Pio; 08-19-2011, 07:48 PM.

Comment

Well, the Buckeyes' cachet has certainly diminished just a bit since then.
                                Agreed. Perhaps we will look back at that game as the convicts v. convicts

http://www.waitingfornextyear.com/20...st-28-players/
                                North Dakota
                                National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Working...
                                X