This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: All Things Denver XXXI

Jason Zucker with an assist in Team USA's 4-1 victory over Finland. Nick Shore did not play today.

Next game Saturday 1:00pm eastern against Sweden
    GO DU !!!

Comment

I hope. I love going to games, but I would love it more if the place was a little more enthusiastic. I have to admit, Old Pio, various disputes aside, I suspect that going to a game with you would be a lot of fun!

Comment

Have they announced a new assistant coach yet? If not, does anyone have any idea where they might be looking or leaning?

Comment

Originally posted by duper View Post
          Have they announced a new assistant coach yet? If not, does anyone have any idea where they might be looking or leaning?
          Think dg or mike chambers reported they were talking to the assistant coach, Lassonde, from New Hampshire. He was supposed to be visiting Denver this week.
          GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
            Think dg or mike chambers reported they were talking to the assistant coach, Lassonde, from New Hampshire. He was supposed to be visiting Denver this week.
            I'm sorry, those names are too much alike! We're gonna have to look further!!
            "The bottom line is, the cream rose to the top, and that’s Denver.”
            Tom Serratore

Comment

Originally posted by duper View Post
              I hope. I love going to games, but I would love it more if the place was a little more enthusiastic. I have to admit, Old Pio, various disputes aside, I suspect that going to a game with you would be a lot of fun!
              Thanks, although you might not think so when it came time to change my ostomy bag.
              Last edited by Old Pio; 08-11-2011, 10:50 PM.
              2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Today is August 12, 2011.
                There are 50 days until DU's next game.
                GO DU !!!

Comment

Amy posted this link on Lets Go DU
                  http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=5...d-rr-headlines

Super article on Zucker. We may be calling him Captain JZ
                  GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
                    Amy posted this link on Lets Go DU
                    http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=5...d-rr-headlines

Super article on Zucker. We may be calling him Captain JZ
                    ....on the Minnesota Wild. This is Zucker's last year! I am so looking forward to getting him out of Denver ASAP.
                    Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
                    dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
                    wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
                      ....on the Minnesota Wild. This is Zucker's last year! I am so looking forward to getting him out of Denver ASAP.
                      He's really something special. And we're expecting a monster season from him. Apart from his offensive skills, quick first step, hard accurate shot, great vision, etc, what impresses me about his game is his willingness to knock your dik in the dirt. Not a good idea to take liberties with him.
                      Last edited by Old Pio; 08-12-2011, 06:27 PM.
                      2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
                        He's really something special. And we're expecting a monster season from him. Apart from his offensive skills, quick first step, hard accurate shot, great vision, etc, what impresses me about his game is his willingness to knock your dik in the dirt. Not a good idea to take liberties with him.
                        Perfect, get him in a Wild sweater ASAP!
                        Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
                        dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
                        wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Pro Camp again this year at DU.
                          http://blogs.denverpost.com/avs/2011...pro-camp/7760/ (Guess I'll have to start reading the Avs blog too since Chambers is covering them this year.)

Think most of the Pios should be back in Denver by then so they will get a chance to scrimmage with the pros once the DU coaches leave the ice.

Shouldn't captains' practices begin soon?

BTW there are 49 days (7 weeks) until DU's next game.
                          GO DU !!!

Comment

Jason Zucker with a goal in today's 6-4 loss to Sweden. Nick Shore did not play again today.
                            GO DU !!!

Comment

Stumbled across this item about WIERCIOCH. I somehow sense the author has a problem with his attitude or ego.

When the Senators selected defenseman Patrick Wiercioch in the second round of the 2008 entry draft, they knew he wouldn't be playing in the NHL for a while. While he wasn't ready to play in Ottawa, his first year in Binghamton didn't go as well as hoped.

he decided that the NHL was an offensive, controlled style that fit his game more than the AHL did
                              More likely, Wiercioch will be back in Binghamton, where he'll be asked to assume a large, offensive role from the team's blue line.
                              http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/teams/ott/report

Ottawa has 6 D-men on one way contracts plus 1st rounder Jared Cowen (1" taller and almost 40 lbs. heavier) and another d-man prospect, David Runblad, ranked ahead of him. (He had one of the worst +/- numbers in Binghamton last year.) Hope his ego doesn't out pace his performance.
                              GO DU !!!

Comment

USHR reporting that David Lassonde is the new DU Assistant Coach replacing Derek Lalonde. His expertise is goaltending and defense.

Lassonde
                                DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

Working...
                                X