X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: All Things Denver XXXI

Originally posted by co14ers View Post
    A friend of a friend told me he thinks he saw Swami holding up a cardboard sign at an intersection in Colorado Springs near the location of a very famous pawn shop.
    I think you have him locked up in your basement.

Originally posted by vizoroo
    Thought you had picked the avatar so we could id you. Guess he fooled me too.
    Originally posted by duper
    I obviously missed it, but it sounds like some idiot from CC took trolling to a whole new, totally inappropriate level.

I was well over the borderline. I figured I would meet you on your turf.
    Every time you post like an *******, I want to quote the idiotic comment you made where you claim not to be a troll. You're such a dick.
    Originally posted by dggoddard
    Finally you made me laugh.

There may be hope for you yet.

Comment

Little used Doug Leaverton leaves CC for either Ohio State or Penn State.

Metro State Pioneers!

Go Tigers!!
      World Arena North (aka Magness Arena on the campus of Denver State University) where the Colorado College Tigers are 17-11-5 all time against the Metro State Pioneers. Thank you Denver Roadrunners for building a second home for CC!!

World Arena North lives on!! Go Tigers!!

CC Tiger fans join us at: http://cctigerhockey.yuku.com

Comment

Originally posted by CCtig View Post
        Little used Doug Leaverton leaves CC for either Ohio State or Penn State.

Metro State Pioneers!

Go Tigers!!
        Forward Hip E. Lettus to take Leaverton's spot on CC roster.

AP -- Hip E. Lettus, currently of the Hempville Greenhouses in the USHLL has decided to leave the team to join the Colorado College Tigers for the 2011-2012 season. In addition to sighting the 'incredible opportunity' to play for the Tigers, Lettus stated, "Colorado Springs boasts several 24-hour eateries and an abundance of retailers who sell top end glass and ceramic pieces of art" were major keys to his decision.
        Last edited by co14ers; 05-24-2011, 12:34 PM.
        DU Pioneer Hockey. National Champions: 1958, 1960, 1961, 1968, 1969, 2004, 2005
        sigpic
        WCHA arenas I have visited: Magness, Kohl, Sullivan, National Hockey Center, DECC, Cleveland Steamer World Arena (CSWA)

Thanks for your friendship Jimbo!!!

Comment

AP -- Hip E. Lettus, currently of the Hempville Greenhouses in the USHLL has decided to leave the team to join the Colorado College Tigers for the 2011-2012 season. In addition to sighting the 'incredible opportunity' to play for the Tigers, Lettus stated, "Colorado Springs boasts several 24-hour eateries and an abundance of retailers who sell top end glass and ceramic pieces of art" were major keys to his decision.
          It's absolutely shocking that the AP would let a typo (USHLL) through!

Comment

Thought I'd post this informational e-mail from DU in case some fans haven't seen or received it.

====>DU Men’s Lacrosse NCAA Semifinal Information

Crimson & Gold, The Pioneer, Old Chicago and the Campus Lounge will all show Denver’s NCAA Tournament Semifinal game on Saturday

The University of Denver men’s lacrosse team will take on Virginia in the NCAA Tournament Semifinals at M&T Bank Stadium in Baltimore, Md., on Saturday at 2 p.m. MT. The game will be broadcast live on ESPN2.

Fans in Baltimore
            Ticket Information: A limited number of session tickets – good for both the Semifinals and Finals – are available for $92. Ticket packages are available through the University of Denver by calling 303-871-3573 until Wednesday, May 25, 2011, at 12 noon MT. After this time, remaining tickets will be sold as single game tickets beginning Friday at 8 a.m. MT, and can be purchased at the M&T Bank Stadium Box Office or Ticketmaster.

Tailgate: An official University of Denver tent will be set up in Parking Lot H at M&T Bank Stadium for fans, beginning three hours prior to Saturday’s game (BYOB).

Official DU Gathering Location: Pioneer fans are encouraged to gather at Pratt Street Ale House at 206 W. Pratt Street throughout the weekend.

Schedule of Events:

Friday Night Faceoff: A free event for fans at Baltimore’s Inner Harbor Amphitheatre on Friday at 5 p.m. ET. All teams are scheduled to attend.
            LaXperience Fan Fest: The NCAA LaXperience Fan Fest will be held on Ravens Walk from Saturday-Monday beginning at 11 a.m. ET.
            Fans in Denver
            The following restaurants will be showing the game:
            Crimson & Gold – 2017 S. University Blvd.
            The Pioneer – 2401 S. University Blvd.
            Old Chicago – 1280 S. Colorado Blvd.
            Campus Lounge – 701 S. University Blvd.

How to Follow the Action
            Television: ESPN2 and ESPN3.com
            Radio: FM 104.3 The Fan
            Internet: DenverPioneers.com will offer continuous coverage while the Pioneers are in Baltimore, including a CoverItLive blog during the game.

Denver Lacrosse Merchandise
            Pioneer fans can find officially licensed Denver Lacrosse and 2011 NCAA Men’s Lacrosse Final Four merchandise at DenverPioneers.com. Fans can show their DU championship spirit with T-shirts, hats, hoodies and more.

How They Got Here
            The winner of the game between the No. 6 seeded Pioneers (15-2) and No. 7 seeded Cavaliers (11-5) will advance to the 2011 NCAA Championship at M&T Bank Stadium on May 30 at 1:30 p.m. MT, where they will take on the winner of the other NCAA Semifinal between Maryland and Duke.

Denver beat Villanova 13-10 in the NCAA Tournament First Round and Johns Hopkins 14-9 in the Quarterfinals. Virginia beat Bucknell 13-12 in overtime in the First Round, and Cornell 13-9 in the Quarterfinals. <====
            sigpic Eight. ....with a design on nine.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich View Post
              It's absolutely shocking that the AP would let a typo (USHLL) through!
              Typo? United States Hippie Lettuce League? I think not.
              DU Pioneer Hockey. National Champions: 1958, 1960, 1961, 1968, 1969, 2004, 2005
              sigpic
              WCHA arenas I have visited: Magness, Kohl, Sullivan, National Hockey Center, DECC, Cleveland Steamer World Arena (CSWA)

Thanks for your friendship Jimbo!!!

Comment

Forward Hip E. Lettus to take Leaverton's spot on CC roster.
                Too bad he couldn’t find a roster spot on a team in the future BHHC.
                Originally posted by vizoroo
                Thought you had picked the avatar so we could id you. Guess he fooled me too.
                I obviously missed it, but it sounds like some idiot from CC took trolling to a whole new, totally inappropriate level.

I was well over the borderline. I figured I would meet you on your turf.
                Every time you post like an *******, I want to quote the idiotic comment you made where you claim not to be a troll. You're such a dick.
                Originally posted by dggoddard
                Finally you made me laugh.

There may be hope for you yet.

Comment

Typo? United States Hippie Lettuce League? I think not.
                  They also missed the improper use of the word 'sighting' ('citing'), as well as the third-grade structure of that last sentence.

In addition to sighting the 'incredible opportunity' to play for the Tigers, Lettus stated, "Colorado Springs boasts several 24-hour eateries and an abundance of retailers who sell top end glass and ceramic pieces of art" were major keys to his decision.
                  The editor must be a DU fan.

All kidding aside...I think it was Jarrod Mermis who probably sealed the fate of Leaverton.
                  Last edited by RogerWF; 05-24-2011, 07:52 PM.

Comment

Couple of articles in the Baltimore Sun about Tierney and DU.
                    http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/spor...s_tierney.html
                    GO DU !!!

Comment

Tierney Press Conference today

Andrew Lay press conference today

DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

On DU sports and athletes.

http://www.denverpost.com/olympics/ci_18142199

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_18140503
                        sigpic Eight. ....with a design on nine.

Comment

CHL--Colorado Eagles force Game 7 with Mudbugs--Saturday nite in La. for the President's Cup.
                          Kevin Ulanski had a goal and 2 assists in Game 6.
                          Ulanski and Matt Glasser still skating.

AHL--Patrick Weircioch and the B-Sens begin play Saturday in Houston for the Calder Cup.

ECHL--Congratulations to the Alaska Aces with Tyler Ruegsegger for winning the Kelly Cup.
                          GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by s11r9seat8
                            Actually i think i am going to the Gulls/Mudbugs game 7 tonight in Loveland. CHL playoff format here is 2-3-2 and the EGulls are the higher seed. If DaViz is right - i have been working in the hills pounding ground - i could start driving or watch it on Atlatltitude.
                            http://www.coloradoan.com/article/20...repared-Game-7
                            wrong day
                            wrong place
                            At least I got the teams right
                            GO DU !!!

Comment

Hey does anyone know what happened to that Blue Chip recruit that was supposed to go to Princeton, but changed his mind when the coach signed with Penn State?
                              "The bottom line is, the cream rose to the top, and that’s Denver.”
                              Tom Serratore

Comment

Originally posted by Dmann View Post
                                Hey does anyone know what happened to that Blue Chip recruit that was supposed to go to Princeton, but changed his mind when the coach signed with Penn State?
                                He's going to Michigan.
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X