This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: All Things Denver XXXI

Re: Parise. It's used as some sort of insult. And in my case they're insulting me because I don't take the reference.
    2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
      Re: Parise. It's used as some sort of insult. And in my case they're insulting me because I don't take the reference.
      On USCHO.com Parise is a sarcastic term that means "God." It comes from hockey player Zach Parise, who when recruited to North Dakota, was hailed as a god by the Sioux fans. Gophers fans mostly use the term.

Comment

Originally posted by dggoddard View Post
        On USCHO.com Parise is a sarcastic term that means "God." It comes from hockey player Zach Parise, who when recruited to North Dakota, was hailed as a god by the Sioux fans. Gophers fans mostly use the term.
        Thanks. I'm familiar with him but not the back story. Naturally, woodchuck fans.

Comment

Originally posted by DenverGoldJersey View Post
          oh INCH ranked us 5 in a way early preseason national ranking they said we would be 1 except for the goaltending issue.
          http://insidecollegehockey.com/inch/.../26/10teams12/

I see us next year being like detroit was/is so many years a very good team with "shaky" goaltending. i foresee an osgood type season for Murray, not a bad goalie but allright. Plus we should have a great d corp and we should also win a lot of high scoring games.
          FWIW, Denver should be better than Yale and North Dakota this upcoming season even without Brittain. DU should be able to put up quite a few goals, and I wouldn't be surprised if they put up similar numbers to UND last year (ie ~4 gpg). That should be able to overcome the occasional poor goalie performance. IMO, Denver is the #1 team in the country, and should contend for a National Title. It will be fun having season tickets this year for sure.

It goes well with our halos
          North Dakota
          National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
            That should be able to overcome the occasional poor goalie performance. IMO, Denver is the #1 team in the country, and should contend for a National Title. It will be fun having season tickets this year for sure.

It goes well with our halos
            I'm looking forward to the Day when you start wearing Boone T-shirts to the games and the Pioneers become your favorite team.

Comment

I'm looking forward to the Day when you start wearing Boone T-shirts to the games and the Pioneers become your favorite team.

I don't see that happening. I might be open to rooting for the Lacrosse team though.
              North Dakota

Comment

• Available FS: Laaksonen Game Worn Colorado Avalanche Jersey $225 obo

Hello to DU Fans,

I recently acquired a jersey in trade from well known collector Milton Bryon that doesn't fit my Michigan Tech collection so I figured I would offer it here. If you have any interest, email or PM me.

Thanks,
                Ryan J

Colorado Avalanche
                2006-07 Season
                #24 - Antti Laaksonen
                $225 obo

Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                Originally posted by geezer
                Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                Originally posted by manurespreader
                ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

If there was ever a season where DU could just steal a National Championship, this would have to be it. All the big guns have suffered significant NHL or OHL defections.

DU needs to get into the postseason healthy. Easier said than done.

Comment

If there was ever a season where DU could just steal a National Championship, this would have to be it. All the big guns have suffered significant NHL or OHL defections.

The Beagle Boys of college hockey. I like it. If we still published a media guide, it'd make a great cover.

Comment

OK, now I'm excited!!!
                      "The bottom line is, the cream rose to the top, and that’s Denver.”
                      Tom Serratore

Comment

Wiercioch hoping to impress at training camp and make the move from Binghamton to the big lights of Ottawa.
                        http://senators.nhl.com/club/news.ht...id=DL|OTT|home
                        GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dmann View Post
                          OK, now I'm excited!!!
                          DU won two national championships in '04 & '05 in large part because it was the only major college hockey power to not have a player leave early for the pros [Matt Pettinger in 2000].

Now DU may be the only major school who has not lost a recruit to major juniors. Will it pay dividends again?

Comment

Originally posted by s11r9seat8
                            Dakota is on the same "steal the championship" plan. They maybe shooda had it last year and are going to try to sneak off with it when we aren't watching them as closely this year. They have played this role before - '23 can name the years that they came back after losing it the year before when favored.
                            I'm sick of this summer. Sick to death of it - bring on the snow and the hockey.
                            I think this was directed at me, but not entirely sure.

In 1958, North Dakota was the conference champion (along with DU), and faced DU for the National Championship, unfortunately for the Fighting Sioux, Denver won that match 6-2 for their first title. The following season North Dakota won their first title defeating Michigan State 4-3 in OT.

In 1979, North Dakota, led by first year coach Gino Gasparini won the MacNaughton Cup and the WCHA Playoff Title and advanced all the way to the title game against conference foe Minnesota. The Gophers defeated North Dakota 4-3 with Neal Broten scoring a circus type goal for the game winner (think 2007 Final Five Title game type goal). The following season North Dakota won their first title in 17 years beating Northern Michigan 5-2 in the title game.

In 1999, North Dakota dominated the regular season, amassing a 24-2-2 record in WCHA play and carried the #1 overall seed heading into the NCAA Tournament. They faced off against Boston College, and lost a heartbreaker 3-1, as an empty net goal was scored in the closing moments in Madison. The following season North Dakota won their 7th National Championship defeating Boston College 4-2 thanks to 3 third period goals.

In 2005 they nearly pulled off the same accomplishment, as their 2004 squad was arguably the greatest that never won a title. They finished just shy, falling to Denver 4-1 in the title game.

Will this season be repeats from '59, '80 and '00? One can only hope
                            Last edited by Fighting Sioux 23; 07-28-2011, 03:40 PM.
                            North Dakota

Comment

Currently there is a pre-sale going on for DU season ticket holders for individual games. Do any of you season ticket holders know the pre-sale code to enter and if you do would you kindly share that info.

Comment

Interesting article by a UND student about the returning scoring prowess in the WCHA. DU looking strong with 72% of goals scored (98 of 136) back on the ice. And 65.3% of total points scored (233 of 357). Unfortunately cc is right up there
                                Two interesting stats--UND with the lowest percentage of goal scoring coming back and Tech with the highest

http://timothyboger.wordpress.com/20...s-in-the-wcha/
                                Last edited by vizoroo; 07-29-2011, 12:00 PM.
                                GO DU !!!

Comment

Working...
                                X