This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: All Things Denver XXXI

Chevy signed a 1-year deal yesterday with Florida.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/o...,1865988.story
    DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

As National Championships go, so does the Top 5 College Hockey programs.
      http://bleacherreport.com/articles/7...ms-of-all-time
      GO DU !!!

Comment

I agree with JDUBBS, I'm expecting JZ to have a big year, too. And reading that Beau Bennett has pumped himself up to nearly 200 pounds leads me to believe he'll have a very big year as well. He was a bit disappointing last year, getting hurt early and in comparison to Zucker. But he's gonna be murder in the corners and in front with the extra strength. And having those two on the PP will be fun to watch.
        2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
          I agree with JDUBBS, I'm expecting JZ to have a big year, too. And reading that Beau Bennett has pumped himself up to nearly 200 pounds leads me to believe he'll have a very big year as well. He was a bit disappointing last year, getting hurt early and in comparison to Zucker. But he's gonna be murder in the corners and in front with the extra strength. And having those two on the PP will be fun to watch.
          OK, now I'm starting to get excited!! It once again seems like we are loaded!!! I hope this Finnish goalie turns out to be a stud! Were you guys impressed with his numbers? I've never been very good at interpreting goalie numbers. On another note, is anyone sad about us leaving the WCHA? I'm surprised at the lack of chit chat on this. It sure will be a loaded division!
          "The bottom line is, the cream rose to the top, and that’s Denver.”
          Tom Serratore

Comment

70 days (10 weeks) until the season starts Oct. 1.
            GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dmann View Post
              OK, now I'm starting to get excited!! It once again seems like we are loaded!!! I hope this Finnish goalie turns out to be a stud! Were you guys impressed with his numbers? I've never been very good at interpreting goalie numbers. On another note, is anyone sad about us leaving the WCHA? I'm surprised at the lack of chit chat on this. It sure will be a loaded division!
              I think it developed so quickly most of us are trying to process the news and what it means, both for DU and the rest of college hockey. It's two years down the road. I'm betting there will be a bazillion posts on this subject between now and then.

Comment

So what do we have to do to get Swami back?
                "The bottom line is, the cream rose to the top, and that’s Denver.”
                Tom Serratore

Comment

I think it developed so quickly most of us are trying to process the news and what it means, both for DU and the rest of college hockey. It's two years down the road. I'm betting there will be a bazillion posts on this subject between now and then.
                  From what I know, the whole "Super Conference" idea is NOT something that just appeared before us on a whim...however the actual teams involved were kind of a surprise and definitely not the envisioned "perfect" conference that was wanted. That's about all I can say about this inevitably divisive decision our program (and the others) took...Definitely an interesting development for the sport we love.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
                    From what I know, the whole "Super Conference" idea is NOT something that just appeared before us on a whim...however the actual teams involved were kind of a surprise and definitely not the envisioned "perfect" conference that was wanted. That's about all I can say about this inevitably divisive decision our program (and the others) took...Definitely an interesting development for the sport we love.
                    The relevant officials have obviously been discussing it for quite some time. Us civilians seemed to have gotten on to it much later. That may or may not have included you. Like anything else, there's concern, if not fear, about the unknown. If I was a fan of a remaining WCHA team, I'd resent the heck out of DU and the rest.

There doesn't seem to be as much resentment of the Gophers and Badgers, probably because a BTHC makes a certain amount of sense.

What I take away from this is that DU is willing to take a chance to remain one of the elite teams in college hockey. And that's a good thing. For too many years we schleped along, content to put generally average teams on the ice, and it wasn't pretty. The Gwoz years have brought us an enormous amount of success, which we all want to continue. So we're taking a leap into the unknown to make that happen. Fingers crossed.
                    Last edited by Old Pio; 07-23-2011, 11:48 PM.

Comment

The relevant officials have obviously been discussing it for quite some time. Us civilians seemed to have gotten on to it much later. That may or may not have included you. Like anything else, there's concern, if not fear, about the unknown. If I was a fan of a remaining WCHA team, I'd resent the heck out of DU and the rest.

There doesn't seem to be as much resentment of the Gophers and Badgers, probably because a BTHC makes a certain amount of sense.

What I take away from this is that DU is willing to take a chance to remain one of the elite teams in college hockey. And that's a good thing. For too many years we schleped along, content to put generally average teams on the ice, and it wasn't pretty. The Gwoz years have brought us an enormous amount of success, which we all want to continue. So we're taking a leap into the unknown to make that happen. Fingers crossed.
                      Hey, now, I grew up with a schlepping DU program with stories of a long-gone glory.

I suppose DU needed to do what they needed to do...Personally, I really do care that the DU program succeeds and if this is what it takes, then so be it...
                      Last edited by Chris; 07-24-2011, 12:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
                        Hey, now, I grew up with a schlepping DU program with stories of a long-gone glory.

I suppose DU needed to do what they needed to do...Personally, I really do care that the DU program succeeds and if this is what it takes, then so be it...
                        That's exactly right. Whatever it takes.

Comment

DU roster show jersey numbers for 3 incoming freshman:
                          Joey LaLeggia-#21 last worn by William Wrenn (hope he lasts longer) and before that by Tyler Bozak.
                          Zac Larraza-#16 last worn by Anthony Maiani
                          Scott Mayfield-#2 worn by another tall D-Man, DU and Blackhawk legend, Keith Magnuson
                          GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
                            DU roster show jersey numbers for 3 incoming freshman:
                            Joey LaLeggia-#21 last worn by William Wrenn (hope he lasts longer) and before that by Tyler Bozak.
                            Zac Larraza-#16 last worn by Anthony Maiani
                            Scott Mayfield-#2 worn by another tall D-Man, DU and Blackhawk legend, Keith Magnuson
                            Well, the expectations for Mayfield are obviously high. Here's hoping he can lead us to a couple of NC's too.

Comment

Can someone explain to me what the "Parise" references are all about? I got one on a political thread this weekend and haven't got a clue.

Comment

Don't know the parise reference, unless we recruited one of them but i thought we got a zajac.

oh INCH ranked us 5 in a way early preseason national ranking they said we would be 1 except for the goaltending issue.
                                http://insidecollegehockey.com/inch/.../26/10teams12/

I see us next year being like detroit was/is so many years a very good team with "shaky" goaltending. i foresee an osgood type season for Murray, not a bad goalie but allright. Plus we should have a great d corp and we should also win a lot of high scoring games.

also chris are you still going to be turning on the red light in the NCHC?
                                Last edited by DenverGoldJersey; 07-26-2011, 03:06 AM.
                                I'm the guy with the gold jersey in Magness, who is probably drunk or at least getting in trouble for obscene cheers.

"You all saw what happened. Stick down, gloves off, He challenged the Chiefs. Called us names, CALLED US NAMES!"

CC's titles are older than NASA

Comment

Working...
                                X