Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: LSSU Laker Hockey 2011-12

Originally posted by Neil Diamond View Post
    An offer is out to a former Laker. He will decide soon.
    Any hints?
    Go Lakers!

Comment

Originally posted by Laker54 View Post
      Any hints?
      He still lives in the Sault.

Comment

If it who I am thinking of that would be interesting.
        Go Lakers!

Comment

Hmmmm....would he also happen to own a pro shop?

Comment

Originally posted by jnacc View Post
            Hmmmm....would he also happen to own a pro shop?
            Nope, not him.

Comment

Why, of course, it's Jeff Jackson, right?????

Comment

Nope, not him.
                I just love mysteries . Let us hope they don't announce the pick until late September and we have the next two months to guess . Maybe we should have a prize for the person who comes up with the right name .

Comment

Originally posted by Osorojo View Post
                  It's hard to believe a guy named "Metro" would leave Lake Superior State University.
                  Obviously you don't know the guy too well. The name is pronounced Mee-tro. Not Met-tro. Nice try. And the Soo is his hometown.
                  "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by sm2pk View Post
                    I just love mysteries . Let us hope they don't announce the pick until late September and we have the next two months to guess . Maybe we should have a prize for the person who comes up with the right name .
                    We are in the long summer months, I thought a little guessing game would help pass the time. It's actually quite easy to guess, I'm surprised no one has yet.

And I'm all up for prizes, sm2pk...any suggestions?

A free autographed copy of the unofficial Frank Anzalone autobiography by Truth Squid when it comes out?
                    Last edited by Neil Diamond; 07-05-2011, 05:20 PM.

Comment

We are in the long summer months, I thought a little guessing game would help pass the time. It's actually quite easy to guess, I'm surprised no one has yet.

Doug Laprade?

Comment

Originally posted by Laker Dude View Post
                        Doug Laprade?
                        Your autographed copy of "Frank Anzalone: Man or God?", by Truth Squid, will arrive by September 1

Comment

And I'm all up for prizes, sm2pk...any suggestions?

A free autographed copy of the unofficial Frank Anzalone autobiography by Truth Squid when it comes out?
                          Suggestions ? yea,the big ten hockey league may destroy hockey programs at the smaller schools.

Comment

Originally posted by sm2pk View Post
                            Suggestions ? yea,the big ten hockey league may destroy hockey programs at the smaller schools.
                            ...or, it may remake the college hockey landscape into something more realistic, and healthier than it was.

LSSU and Ferris in the same conference as UM and MSU wasn't realistic.

LSSU, Ferris, Northern, Tech, Bemidji, Alaska, BG, St. Cloud, Minn-State, and Alaska-Anchorage in a conference? Yeah, that makes sense. And it would provide, ultimately, more exciting action, as the programs would be more or less on an even playing field.

Sometimes change is good.

Comment

LSSU, Ferris, Northern, Tech, Bemidji, Alaska, BG, St. Cloud, Minn-State, and Alaska-Anchorage in a conference? Yeah, that makes sense. And it would provide, ultimately, more exciting action, as the programs would be more or less on an even playing field.
                              That wouldn't be too bad of a conference. A 10 team conference with these teams would be doable.
                              Clusters would probably be:
                              BGSU/FSU, LSSU/NMU, MTU/Bemidji, SCSU/MSM, UAF/UAA

It does sound like this super conference will become a reality.
                              LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Jeff Blashill in the running for asst coach position with the Red Wings..

It puts WMU in a tough spot if he gets it, as they had him paid and penciled in as a program builder.
                                Last edited by 3dognight; 07-07-2011, 04:38 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X