LSSU Laker Hockey 2011-12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LSSU Laker Hockey 2011-12

Also wanted to comment that I think it is too bad they aren't having a goalie camp. Especially with a new goalie coming in. It definetly would be of great benefit to the team.

Comment

It is July 9th this year you can find the number and info on the LSSU website. The golf scramble that is.
      Last edited by PerkyforPrez; 06-13-2011, 12:22 PM.
      BLEED BLUE

Comment

Anyone know when season tickets go on sale?
        LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
          Anyone know when season tickets go on sale?
          I think that they normally go on sale in late July. The official schedule has still not been released, but I think the only unknown game is a Canadian team on the 7th or 8th of October.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeyintheblood View Post
            Also wanted to comment that I think it is too bad they aren't having a goalie camp. Especially with a new goalie coming in. It definetly would be of great benefit to the team.
            Agreed, intheblood. Steve is moving on to his alma mater,as an in season goalie coach (Miami) and rather than just stick someone in for a year, we chose to wait until we could develop a long term relationship with the new project. It is an area that needs consistency to allow guys to improve year to year. That combined with the guys working out in the summer on campus should be a major boost for Laker tenders.
            Last edited by 3dognight; 06-13-2011, 06:16 PM.

Comment

Mallards tag David Bell of Barrie Colts as new GM / Coach.
              Jakiatis played with the Dayton Gems before a call up to Portland Pirates in the A late in the year.......still livin the dream!

Comment

Missing in LSSU schedule this year is games with MTU. A shame to UP hockey.

Home and home would be awesome. Hope when the Big 10 forms we can see as many games between these two schools as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by yooper(UP) hockey View Post
                  Missing in LSSU schedule this year is games with MTU. A shame to UP hockey.

Home and home would be awesome. Hope when the Big 10 forms we can see as many games between these two schools as possible.
                  Agreed 100 percent, but the good news is Roque said LSSU and MTU should play each other in 2012-2013 and 2013-2014. Home and home would be really cool, but I doubt it. 12/13 will probably be two games Tech and in 13/14, two games at LSSU.

Comment

I would like to see Tech a annual opponent for the Lakers but not home and home. Too far to travel to just watch one game.
                    BLEED BLUE

Comment

• Re: LSSU Laker Hockey 2011-12

Originally posted by PerkyforPrez View Post
                      I would like to see Tech a annual opponent for the Lakers but not home and home. Too far to travel to just watch one game.
                      Thursday night and Saturday night games would be great.

Comment

LSSU hockey and Sault Ste. Marie loses its 'go-to' guy

Sault Ste. Marie and the Lake Superior State hockey program lost a great friend, ambassador and “go-to” guy when Bud Clarke passed away Tuesday night at Marquette General Hospital.

Clarke, retired as chief of the City of Sault Ste. Marie Water Department and Parks and Recreation Department for 13 years, was involved in a variety of community projects throughout his lifetime. He was a part of Laker Hockey since its days as a club sport and had a role with the I-500 since it began.

“I can’t tell you how many Laker games he missed, but it wasn’t many,” said Laker Hockey’s legendary equipment manager Roy Forrest, who has been with the LSSU program off and on since he was a student in the 1970s. “We did so many things together. I’ve know him from the time he worked at the (Pullar) as coordinator when I played minor hockey.”

http://www.lssulakers.com/sports/m-h...clarke_passing

For thirty-plus years people of this town heard or saw Bud at one of the local rinks. He will be missed.

Comment

A HUGE loss. RIP Bud Clarke, you will be missed.

Comment

Exactly 100 days until the season starts October 1 at Alabama Hunstsville.

Comment

Schedule released:

http://www.lssulakers.com/sports/m-h...11-12/Schedule

The Canadian exhibition game is not in October. Is is Monday, January 2nd against Western Ontario.

Comment

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
                                Schedule released:

http://www.lssulakers.com/sports/m-h...11-12/Schedule

The Canadian exhibition game is not in October. Is is Monday, January 2nd against Western Ontario.
                                I am kind of surprised by the exhibition game. I was hoping it would be in October so there would not be a weekend off before starting conference play.

Comment

Working...
                                X