LSSU Laker Hockey 2011-12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: LSSU Laker Hockey 2011-12

Awesome news and congrats to everyone involved in hockey. Well the Lakers have their top-notch goalies how does the rest of the roster shape up? Also when do they take to the ice for practice? I was over to the stadium the other day and it looked like it was just getting in shape. Oh has the board approve the move to the new conference yet?

Comment

The goaltending and defense will be excellent. Maybe even better than last year. But who is going to score?

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
        I would be very surprised if they aren't trying to stay up on what's going on with the Irish. However, Notre Dame has played it very close to the vest and haven't let out a peep as to their intentions.
        davy, still sticking by your prediction that the Lakers are an extreme long-shot to get into the WCHA?

Comment

Originally posted by Neil Diamond View Post
          davy, still sticking by your prediction that the Lakers are an extreme long-shot to get into the WCHA?
          Actually Neil, I thought they were going to the NOJHL. And it did appear unlikely that they would be able to get into the WCHA, for many of the reasons I had stated. But major progress was made at the Chicago meeting. Tell me Neil, how certain were you that LSSU WOULD get into the WCHA prior to the announcement?

I was glad that they were able to get in. I had said on more than one post that I would have liked for them to remain in with NMU. I didn't think it was a strong possibility, but it did indeed happen. And that's a very positive thing for the Lakers, as well as Ferris and Alaska.

The leagues got together and didn't want to leave the possibility of being in a 6 or 7 team loop that could have been vulnerable to a school jumping or shutting down.
          Last edited by davyd83; 09-02-2011, 11:36 AM.
          "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Actually Neil, I thought they were going to the NOJHL

Actually, Davy, you are trying to be sarcastic; but in your sarcasm is much truth.

And it did appear unlikely that they would be able to get into the WCHA, for many of the reasons I had stated

Seems your reasons were flimsy.

Tell me Neil, how certain were you that LSSU WOULD get into the WCHA prior to the announcement?

I thought it was a 50/50 chance. You, on the other hand, gave it about a one percent chance.

I was glad that they were able to get in

Please.
            Last edited by Neil Diamond; 09-02-2011, 01:04 PM.

Comment

Less than a month away until the season starts, can't wait. Scoring will be the main concern. Other than Monardo, I don't know who else will score. At least defense and goaltending should be solid. Who will be the #2 goalie behind Kapalka? Ravn or Murdock?
              LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
                Less than a month away until the season starts, can't wait. Scoring will be the main concern. Other than Monardo, I don't know who else will score. At least defense and goaltending should be solid. Who will be the #2 goalie behind Kapalka? Ravn or Murdock?
                Seems to have been decided long time ago. Ask 3dognight.
                By the way, what are the milestones until the Norris Center Project completion ?

Comment

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
                  I believe that Murdock is the backup.

Jean, Campbell, and Lain will really have to step up offensively. Hopefully they all had productive summers in the weight room.

Comment

Radke and McParland should step it up some also. Dommett sounds like he is going to be a good one. Only one month away.
                    BLEED BLUE

Comment

Simply paperwork for this phase of the project, through the season.
                      State of Mich, Univ., builders, permits, lawyers, accountants, architects, budgets, plans...blah, blah blah Not the most exciting stuff, eh?

Glad to see Ravn spent some of the summer with Steve McKitchen, I will be interested in seeing how things work out.
                      I am hoping we get a solid 1&2 out of things.....the Lakers will need this position to be rock solid.
                      Last edited by 3dognight; 09-03-2011, 12:34 PM.

Comment

And it did appear unlikely that they would be able to get into the WCHA, for many of the reasons I had stated

Seems your reasons were flimsy.

Tell me Neil, how certain were you that LSSU WOULD get into the WCHA prior to the announcement?

I thought it was a 50/50 chance. You, on the other hand, gave it about a one percent chance.

I was glad that they were able to get in

Please.[/QUOTE]

So if the reasons were "flimsy," why did you only feel a 50/50 chance for LSSU to get it? Why did you not feel it to be a slam dunk? You must remember the WCHA initially stated a desire to be an 8 team league. What do you think were the objections to LSSU being one of the 8?

As for the "Please," I am very pleased they got to join. I would much prefer the 3 hour trip to the Soo as opposed to a 9 hour trip to Minnesota. With the addition of Ferris and LSSU, NMU has the most favorable travel set up in the league. I also wanted to see Alabama-Huntsville added to the CCHA a few years back, but understand the objections. I want to win the PowerBall, but I realize that it is unlikely. Just because I recognize and state what the objections may have been, doesn't mean I am against it happening
                        "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

So if the reasons were "flimsy," why did you only feel a 50/50 chance for LSSU to get it? Why did you not feel it to be a slam dunk?

Because few things in life are a "slam dunk".

You must remember the WCHA initially stated a desire to be an 8 team league. What do you think were the objections to LSSU being one of the 8?

Not sure, but I bet you think it's because the Soo is something like eight light-years away from Marquette...give or take a light-year.

As for the "Please," I am very pleased they got to join. I would much prefer the 3 hour trip to the Soo as opposed to a 9 hour trip to Minnesota. With the addition of Ferris and LSSU, NMU has the most favorable travel set up in the league. I also wanted to see Alabama-Huntsville added to the CCHA a few years back, but understand the objections. I want to win the PowerBall, but I realize that it is unlikely. Just because I recognize and state what the objections may have been, doesn't mean I am against it happening

Peace. And love.

Comment

Have I been missing something ? Bowling Green has made no decision on what they intend to do and I cannot find any postings on here from their fans .

Comment

Originally posted by sm2pk View Post
                              Have I been missing something ? Bowling Green has made no decision on what they intend to do and I cannot find any postings on here from their fans .
                              Here's the most recent news from BG.

http://www.sent-trib.com/bgsu-sports...o-joining-wcha

Comment

Originally posted by sm2pk View Post
                                Marry in haste, repent at leisure.

Comment

Working...
                                X