LSSU Laker Hockey 2011-12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LSSU Laker Hockey 2011-12

It was not the quanity but the quality i was talking about. Do you think that the big six are not going have their own conferance refs ?
    BLEED BLUE

Comment

Originally posted by PerkyforPrez View Post
      It was not the quanity but the quality i was talking about. Do you think that the big six are not going have their own conferance refs ?
      Yea, you're right. A few officials might jump ship from CCHA to Big Ten. WCHA may lose a few, too. With 6 teams, there would only be a maximum of 3 conference series per weekend, right? Some new blood into the CCHA officiating clan might be a good thing.

Comment

Originally posted by truth squad View Post
        frank anzalone was offered, but declined the job at clarkson. Wasn't the right fit for frank and there are bigger and better things ahead for the coaching legend.

The truth is out there.....
        lol!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Truth Squad View Post
          Never, ever count out an Anzalone

*****http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4018/4239049877_e7b3734bbe.jpg******

The Truth Is Out There......

The no sideburn look is a bit of a stretch.

In related news, Gary Barnett has released a statement indicating he has no interest in the Clarkson head coaches opening.

Comment

The Spring recruiting news release is available at the LSSU website. The Lakers have added a walk-on D-man for next season, TJ Wees, which comes as no surprise. Roque had indicated on the Laker Hockey Show that they were looking to pick up someone late at the D position, probably a walk-on.

http://www.lssulakers.com/sports/m-h...pring_recruits

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
              The Spring recruiting news release is available at the LSSU website. The Lakers have added a walk-on D-man for next season, TJ Wees, which comes as no surprise. Roque had indicated on the Laker Hockey Show that they were looking to pick up someone late at the D position, probably a walk-on.

http://www.lssulakers.com/sports/m-h...pring_recruits
              It's amazing how much these guys can score in the juniors and get to Lake State and nothing.

Comment

BIG step from some of the Jr leagues to the CCHA or any D-1 Program, esp some on the "minor" Jr leagues. tough on "scorers" who find a lot more speed & size than they are accustomed to in olhl,nahl.
                They are now facing off against top 20 NHL picks on many weekends.

Some guys grow into it but as frosh it is boys against men.
                Kapalka / Murdock or vice versa will be a solid pair of net minders.
                Last edited by 3dognight; 05-25-2011, 02:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 3dognight View Post
                  BIG step from some of the Jr leagues to the CCHA or any D-1 Program, esp some on the "minor" Jr leagues. tough on "scorers" who find a lot more speed & size than they are accustomed to in olhl,nahl.
                  They are now facing off against top 20 NHL picks on many weekends.

Kapalka / Murdock or vice versa will be a solid pair of net minders.
                  I agree there is probably some adjustment from one level to the next and that scoring can drop off. But some of the blame should be with coaching. It is up to them to help players develop their skills.

Comment

Kapalka / Murdock or vice versa will be a solid pair of net minders.[/QUOTE]

Whatever happen to Ravn ? Have they given up on the guy or what ?

Comment

Ravin will need to come back as a MUCH better player to be in the mix.
                      Hopefully he will use his summer well and take a major step.

Comment

Any thoughts as to the major shakeup coming to the CCHA and its impact on Laker Hockey? College Hockey has an excellent article on the matter and is suggesting that some schools will have to step up financially in order to remain in an elite conference.

Link http://www.collegehockeynews.com/new...range_days.php

Something tells me that it won't be LSSU that will be making a major financial commitment to its program.

Comment

Originally posted by jnacc View Post
                          Any thoughts as to the major shakeup coming to the CCHA and its impact on Laker Hockey? College Hockey has an excellent article on the matter and is suggesting that some schools will have to step up financially in order to remain in an elite conference.

Link http://www.collegehockeynews.com/new...range_days.php

Something tells me that it won't be LSSU that will be making a major financial commitment to its program.
                          Hard to say how things will turn out. The changes/realignments may not be as great as some have suggested. What Notre Dame and Miami do may be key to what happens, especially in the CCHA, but I’m not sure things from Notre Dame’s perspective would be as extreme as the article writer thinks. Notre Dame already is playing Div 2 and MAC schools in hockey, so why does that have to change? The 6 Big 10 schools are going to have a lot of room on their schedules for non-conference games, so if Notre Dame and Miami did stay in the CCHA I would expect them to still schedule non-conference games against UM and MSU and Ohio State fairly regularly, even though not the same frequency as the CCHA dictates now. Why would Notre Dame all of a sudden feel they should no longer play Div 2 or MAC schools?

If Notre Dame and Miami stayed with the CCHA, that leaves an 8 team league which is a comfortable size. If everyone played the other 7 schools 4 games per season, that makes 28 games, the same as today, leaving room for the same number of non-conference games, and the remaining CCHA schools would all still try to schedule some games against UM, MSU and Ohio State each season. I’d still like to see UAH added to the CCHA, and if another team was added (e.g. Mercyhurst or Robert Morris or someone else from Atlantic Hockey), that could bring the CCHA up to 10 teams. In that scenario, you could have 2 divisions (rotating clusters if you wanted) of 5 teams. Each team could play 4 games against the other teams in its division each season and 2 games against each of the 5 teams in the other division, giving you a total of 26 games, leaving even a little more room for non-conference games.

It’s possible we might see Notre Dame and Miami and some of the bigger (remaining) WCHA schools form a new league as has been rumored, but that would entail higher travel costs for pretty much all the schools involved so I’m not yet positive that will happen. The economy in this country is still pretty much a mess and still going downhill. Maybe the bigger schools all have enough money such that increased travel costs aren’t an issue for them, but many of the rumors about league realignments seem to ignore cost factors. For similar reasons, I’m not so sure all of the Hockey East schools would welcome Notre Dame into their league as the writer supposes. It would again mean travel cost increases for all of them. Maybe they wouldn’t care, but maybe they would.

If Notre Dame and Miami both left the CCHA, then it would be important to bring in at least 2 teams to replace them. But there are candidates for that (UAH, Mercyhurst, Robert Morris, other Atlantic Hockey teams). Depending upon how many Atlantic Hockey teams might be interested in switching to the CCHA, perhaps it could even become a 10 team league. Then there’s always the possibility that either Notre Dame or Miami leaves the CCHA, but not both, in which case it would only be necessary to bring in one team as a replacement (although more than that could be added).

Comment

Doug Weight retires: http://www.lssulakers.com/sports/m-h...ght_retirement

Comment

Originally posted by jnacc View Post
                              Any thoughts as to the major shakeup coming to the CCHA and its impact on Laker Hockey? College Hockey has an excellent article on the matter and is suggesting that some schools will have to step up financially in order to remain in an elite conference.Link http://www.collegehockeynews.com/new...range_days.php
                              Not impressed with the article. I really don't see ND heading to HE. Will they really get bigger crowds with teams from the HE compared to the current CCHA? I see them scheduling more B1G teams. If the B1G etc does not help all boats to float then many schools will drop out.

Comment

Originally posted by giwan View Post
                                Not impressed with the article. I really don't see ND heading to HE. Will they really get bigger crowds with teams from the HE compared to the current CCHA? I see them scheduling more B1G teams. If the B1G etc does not help all boats to float then many schools will drop out.
                                I thought the article was pretty good. The author stated that there are many unanswered questions and he just posed many scenarios and possibilities. He never said he knew all the answers or that anything was written in stone at this point....just threw out some points to think about and discuss.

Comment

Working...
                                X