LSSU Laker Hockey 2011-12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: LSSU Laker Hockey 2011-12

My deepest condolences to Daveyd83 concerning today's news.

I knew how bad he wanted the Lakers to be left cold by the WCHA.

Comment

Originally posted by kingdobbs View Post
      Again, why would Hockey East at 12 want to go beyond a 22 game schedule?
      Gents, as I said in the earlier post, "just playing devil's advocate". Just trying to throw a bone out there to chew on.

Had I known it would have caused such great consternation and sleepless nights, I certainly would have not created the post.

Daveyd83 is already forlorn enough over today's news...no need to upset him any more at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by Neil Diamond View Post
        My deepest condolences to Daveyd83 concerning today's news.

I knew how bad he wanted the Lakers to be left cold by the WCHA.
        No doubt!! This has been, by far, the best news of the summer! It's everything we could have hoped for since the formation of that so called "super-league".

Comment

UAF accepts the invitation......both Alaska schools now conference rivals....Nice.
          (Sorry,no link but Google News for UAF)
          LSSU has formally accepted (check LSSU Athletics page), FSU by Monday.(still waters run deep)
          I love it when a plan comes together!
          Last edited by 3dognight; 08-25-2011, 07:51 PM.

Comment

Good write up on what took place:
            http://www.lssulakers.com/sports/m-h...CHA_invitation
            Upper Deck Fan

Comment

Wow great news to hear! I'm pumped already! 36 days until the first puck is dropped!
              Last edited by Laker54; 08-25-2011, 08:39 PM. Reason: Miss spelled word
              Go Lakers!

Comment

Excellent news!
                LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Yes, but I'd still like to see UAH included

Comment

So happy for the Lakers and congrats and thanks to Dunbar for doing such a fine job.

So much for long bus rides hey Davyd

Now if UAH finds them self a conference home all will be well. I would love to have them in our new conference a trip to Alabama would be a nice break in the winter.
                    BLEED BLUE

Comment

Originally posted by PerkyforPrez View Post
                      So happy for the Lakers and congrats and thanks to Dunbar for doing such a fine job.

So much for long bus rides hey Davyd

Now if UAH finds them self a conference home all will be well. I would love to have them in our new conference a trip to Alabama would be a nice break in the winter.
                      I agree. Perhaps MSU-Moorhead will add hockey and join the WCHA as well. Add UAH and you have a nice 12 team conference. I wonder if there would be divisions?
                      LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Laker Blue,

BGSU seats 5000 people and is putting money into the building to fix it up. How is that smaller than LSSU? I don't know what to think of all the changes. The WCHA people talk like they are so much superior. If this all takes place with all 11 teams, 6 of them would be from the CCHA. I hope that our AD and coaches look at all options and do what is right for the Falcons. Also, I think that BGSU, Northern, and LSSU all bring more to a league than Western Michigan brings. I do feel sorry for UAH. Despite many comments stating otherwise, BGSU will not go under.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockey John View Post
                          Laker Blue,

BGSU seats 5000 people and is putting money into the building to fix it up. How is that smaller than LSSU? I don't know what to think of all the changes. The WCHA people talk like they are so much superior. If this all takes place with all 11 teams, 6 of them would be from the CCHA. I hope that our AD and coaches look at all options and do what is right for the Falcons. Also, I think that BGSU, Northern, and LSSU all bring more to a league than Western Michigan brings. I do feel sorry for UAH. Despite many comments stating otherwise, BGSU will not go under.

I remember hearing BGSU were putting something around 4 to 6 million into the program but that was right after the rumors of them folding. I was still suprised to read that they are trying to gain entrance to the Nat so they must be in pretty good shape. Good for them i wish them the best.
                          BLEED BLUE

Comment

Congrats Laker Nation!!!! My only concern is that the administration is ready to add to the travel budget so the team won't have to bus to the "outposts" of the WCHA. I remeber the time the team bused to NE to play UNH & Providence and seemed
                            to have "bus legs" all weekend.

Comment

Great news and great job by the folks on the hill who saw this through. There is just so much to love about this whole deal.

I love that Laker Hockey now has a bright future in an excellent and stable conference.
                              I love that the 3 UP schools will be in the same league (along with the 2 AK schools).
                              I love the chance to renew the old Bemidji rivalry that the old timers still talk about.
                              I love that Ferris and Bowling Green got thrown a lifeline too.
                              I love that we won't be in a league run by Big 10 lackees anymore.
                              I love that we made our decision without waiting for ND to make up its precious mind. (The fact that I have 2 degrees from ND does not make their attitude any less annoying to me.)

I could probably think of more stuff to love but that will do for now. I'm a little surprised by all the folks on the other thread who somehow see this as a bad thing, like somehow this ruins college hockey's chance for lights. Probably the same morons who keep the "New D-1 teams" thread going.

Someone tell the Leprechaun that if he's the last one out of the CCHA he needs to shut off the lights.

Comment

Actually glad that someone offered Ferris a spot somewhere...Seemed we were getting overlooked in the whole realignment mess. And about Ferris not saying anything yet...things just tend to move a bit slower in BR. I can't see FSU turning down the chance to play with the UP Schools as opposed to having to play all the Atlantic ones.

Comment

Working...
                                X