Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: LSSU Laker Hockey 2011-12

Originally posted by 3dognight View Post
    No link davyd...phone conversation with a person at the Goldwater group.
    Same person that provided NMU to WCHA info......prior to press.
    Does your Goldwater source have any info on Notre Dame to the NCHC?
    "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Sure hope every falls into place by September 30. The Lakers season starts on October 1, it would be nice to know the Lakers fate in 2013-2014 before this season starts.
      LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

• Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
        Does your Goldwater source have any info on Notre Dame to the NCHC?
        Nope. Mums the word on that topic.

Comment

Sounds like Trotman had a good week at the Bruins developmental camp:

http://www.ccha.com/bruins_prospect_...ey_school.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
            Sounds like Trotman had a good week at the Bruins developmental camp:

http://www.ccha.com/bruins_prospect_...ey_school.aspx
            ON the psoitive side for Lake State,it sounds as if the Bruins are happy with Trotman staying at school and getting more experience and that hopefully means they want him to get the 4 years of training there .

Comment

ND must be holding out for the best TV contract .

Comment

Some interesting tidbits here:

http://www.collegehockeynews.com/new...a,_wcha_to.php

Comment

Who is the new coach replacing Metro ? Have they said and I missed it ?

Comment

Originally posted by sm2pk View Post
                    Who is the new coach replacing Metro ? Have they said and I missed it ?
                    It hasn't been announced yet, but unofficially it's reported to be Doug Laprade.

Comment

I Like this. Even to have the rumor verified by somebody other than us message-board trolls is exciting. It means nothing, except that perhaps -- just perhaps -- I am not praying in vain for a Western move by LSSU.

Another rumor had Lake Superior State possibly going with Alaska to the WCHA.

"There are a lot of possibilities still," Lake Superior athletic director Kris Dunbar said. "We are going forward and working with the CCHA to determine the best place going forward for Lake Superior. ... We are not in trouble at all. This could all be a positive in the long run."

One thing Dunbar wanted to put to rest was any rumor that Lake Superior State's future was on shaky ground.

"We are firmly committed to Division I hockey at Lake Superior State," Dunbar said, affirming that the school administration is strongly behind the program. "Losing revenue from (the Big Ten schools leaving the CCHA) can be offset in getting guarantees for going to their buildings, so it won't be a problem for us.

While the CCHA discusses merger ideas with the WCHA, it still is discussing an entirely different possibility — bringing in four Atlantic Hockey schools. Those schools, Robert Morris, Mercyhurst, Niagara and Canisius, have already had discussions with the CCHA and have expressed interest in playing in a league where they can award 18 scholarships, instead of the 12 they are currently limited to in Atlantic Hockey.

The CCHA has given the Atlantic schools a Sept. 30 deadline to make a decision on their preference, but that is contingent upon whether Alaska remains in the CCHA. WCHA commissioner Bruce McLeod has been to Fairbanks to discuss the possibility of Alaska switching to the WCHA, which would open the door for the Atlantic schools to switch, and potentially create two seven-team conferences, and leave Atlantic Hockey with eight.

However, if Lake Superior leaves too, that would leave the CCHA with six schools, even if the four Atlantic schools join. The Atlantic schools are concerned that would leave a new-look CCHA in a precarious situation.

Comment

I assume that's the Soo Evening News? Don't get me wrong, I want LSSU to join us in the WCHA, but it sounds like they are just postulating based on the recent CCHA/WCHA merger meeting, and not any serious discussions between the WCHA and LSSU.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                          I assume that's the Soo Evening News? Don't get me wrong, I want LSSU to join us in the WCHA, but it sounds like they are just postulating based on the recent CCHA/WCHA merger meeting, and not any serious discussions between the WCHA and LSSU.
                          It's from an article on the College Hockey News website.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post

That is exactly what it is. But I was just noting the comments from our AD, from whom we've heard little. I don't mind not hearing anything, because i think she is pretty capable and i assume that they are treating this situation seriously. I like that she is emphasizing the financial commitment of the school to the program.

I also like the mere mention, even in speculation, about LSSU looking at the WCHA. As I said, if only to confirm that we internet swabs aren't the only people who would like to see LSSU in the WCHA.

I get very happy thinking about Tech / NMU / LSSU all in the same conference. I like Bemidji, too -- as I feel that school fits with the UP schools rather comfortably. Its a long way off, and there are lots of issues to be meshed out. But I am just glad our LSSU message board gathering is not the only place where LSSU-WCHA possiblities are mentioned.

And lastly, I am very happy to see Ms. Dunbar confirming that they are working through the process. Heck, what do i know? Maybe LSSU's budget dictates membership in the (c)CHA with Mercyhurst and the others. At least I am starting to feel that the administration is putting time and effort into the process, and maybe -- just maybe -- a little flood of e-mails reinforced the administration's resolve.

Comment

Originally posted by Lakerblue View Post
                              At least I am starting to feel that the administration is putting time and effort into the process, and maybe -- just maybe -- a little flood of e-mails reinforced the administration's resolve.
                              Resolve is one thing, Quinnipiac, Mercyhurst and Bentley as conference foes is the reality. With the politics at your little college there is little to anything emails and phone calls will do. But keep trying if it makes you people feel better.

The Truth Is Out There....
                              TBA

Comment

Originally posted by Truth Squad View Post
                                Resolve is one thing, Quinnipiac, Mercyhurst and Bentley as conference foes is the reality. With the politics at your little college there is little to anything emails and phone calls will do. But keep trying if it makes you people feel better.

The Truth Is Out There....
                                TBA
                                Quinnipiac and Bentley as conference foes? Really? They aren't even in the mix. And since none of what has happened behind the scenes has been publicized, how do you know what is being done or not being done. Many NMU fans were wondering if anything was being done, but then came the announcement that they would see entry into the WCHA. How would you assure LSSU will end up in the best possible situation? If WCHA schools are against traveling to the Soo and adding an extra day to those trips, how will you convince them to bring LSSU in as opposed to Alaska, where the travel time is about the same, but Alaska pays for the travel and the games played there are exempt. You are critical of every thing anyone the University does or what you perceive they do or don't do. Now, offer a plan. Offer a suggestion. Offer something other than just complaints and degradation. Do you have anything of substance to offer?
                                "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Working...
                                X