Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: LSSU Laker Hockey 2011-12

Originally posted by Truth Squad View Post
    How many he was responsible for? Let me try to win over the good ole boys on here Bill and say 0. I am sure you can tell us exactly how many and how hard it is for him along with the other apologists on here.

I am done with you people! I have better things to do then to try to convince the 10 or so people that will not see what is truly going on up there in your little village.

Enjoy playing in a conference with Bentley, Robert Morris and Sacred Heart.

The Truth Is Out There.....
    I kind of thought it might be a tough question for you to answer.

Comment

USCHO has a story on a possible WCHA / CCHA merger that so many of us are hoping for.
      They are described as preliminary talks (much like CCHA- AHA teams) but something out there to keep hope alive!

Comment

Originally posted by 3dognight View Post
        USCHO has a story on a possible WCHA / CCHA merger that so many of us are hoping for.
        They are described as preliminary talks (much like CCHA- AHA teams) but something out there to keep hope alive!
        I'm inclined to think it was more of an explore all options discussion at this point and that the WCHA teams might not be favorable to it, at least not as a preferred option. We should get an answer about what Notre Dame is going to do within about 10 days and that's what's needed to start firming things up more.

Comment

I am done with you people! I have better things to do then to try to convince the 10 or so people that will not see what is truly going on up there in your little village.
          So, we can expect a post from you by noon tomorrow.

Comment

How many he was responsible for? Let me try to win over the good ole boys on here Bill and say 0. I am sure you can tell us exactly how many and how hard it is for him along with the other apologists on here.

Enjoy playing in a conference with Bentley, Robert Morris and Sacred Heart.

The Truth Is Out There.....
            That's still more hockey than your kid is playing. And as davyd asked earlier, if your kid was so good, please enlighten us as to where he played after he left LSSU. It wasn't juniors, and it wasn't another D-1 school. I mean, with all that talent, someone would have wanted him. Right?

I have a request for the rest of you paying attention here. Tell me about Dan Barczuk, please. What kind of player is he? You can guess my reasons for asking.
            Last edited by Hammer; 08-05-2011, 08:48 PM.
            FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Hammer barzy is a great kid... I know him personally... he plays hard with grit ande an edge... sometimes too much of an edge, and that got him a bad rep in the ccha... the diff between barzy and some other cry baby players or should I say parents... barzy wants to play hockey so he is leaving lssu... some lazy kids just stay and let daddy dearest complain ... pee .... and moan on this board about how unjust it is that their talented but lazy kids who was scared to go in the corners and would not work got cut.... now just fyi... I did not defend jr or the program so .... let's see if truth squat can come up with something new.... or will he just cut and paste his frank rant from before

The tooth is out there.
              Nic is lazy
              Frank is gone

TNA
              TNA
              THE TOOTH WILL SET YOU FREE
              TNA
              TNA

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                That's still more hockey than your kid is playing. And as davyd asked earlier, if your kid was so good, please enlighten us as to where he played after he left LSSU. It wasn't juniors, and it wasn't another D-1 school. I mean, with all that talent, someone would have wanted him. Right?

I have a request for the rest of you paying attention here. Tell me about Dan Barczuk, please. What kind of player is he? You can guess my reasons for asking.
                Barczuk took some dumb penalties that ended up costing the team at key times. i think that the final straw was when he took a 5 minute checking from behind penalty when LSSU was up 1-0 in the 3rd with a chance to sweep Western on the road last December. Western scored 2 or 3 times during the major and went on to win the game.

Comment

You people always fail to mention the first stint where Frank Anzalone built the program, basically from scratch, and won and responsible for the players for three National Championships. He inherited a decimated program from the outset in his second tour, and had to battle the "good ole boys" once again, and an athletic administration and a.d. who wanted him out because their guy was Jim Roque.

The first two years of Roque's tour were the best and they were because of Frank Anazalone's players, taking them to the Joe. You people know that to be true, but the political allies this coach has built from the college to the media to the town to even higher ups is quite remarkable and truly a tough nut to crack for any dissent or differing opinion. Very similar to this forum where the same people are on here trying to do the same thing. Quite sad really.

The Truth Is Out There....
                  TBA
                  TBA
                  Obviously your comprehension skills are lacking. In a prior post, I examined Franks total record at LSSU, You keep wanting to credit him with three NCAA championships, even though he was in the ECHL, working his third pro job in 4 years when Jackson won the third LSSU title. What he did 20 years ago was great. But it was 20 years and a half dozen firnings ago. In the last 10 years he's done nothing.
                  "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

More than 50% space about comparing Frank Anzalone and Jim roque ... woaw !
                    The rest is speculation about what will happen to the Lakers ... without anything being done about it.

Take a step back at your own posts; it looks like the lakers have the fans they deserve, and vice versa.

Most of you are so excited about bashing truth-bla-bla that you don't see that he obviously knows more than you what is going on HERE and NOW on the team.

I don't speculate about Anzalone_the_2nd or who Truth_bla_bla is and why his strong feelings; he definitely plsses me off each time he mentions FA but, about the cuts, facts are facts, and posters' reactions probably reveal an underlying identity gap.

If you ask the players, no one will say it was deserved, and they will tell you they don't understand what the coach is doing (btw, the day he filed a claim against a police-linesman, he had been running all over the ice a few minutes before, looking really pathetic. Meantime, I remember a poster saying "JR stood up for his team ...".
                    If you ask Roque about the cuts, he will give you different reasons today and tomorrow, and probably tell you a week later that he never cut anybody.

If the same level of tolerance applied equally to all players, some others would be gone without anything to say about it ... and what about the coach himself.

Many posters say the guys just have to move on and prove themselves somewhere else after being cut.
                    Aren't we talking about students who also belong to a SCHOOL ? Those students often could have gone somewhere else before, but only became LSSU students because Roque had convinced them to come.

Just because a coach is in over his head, it shouldn't allow him to jeopardize kids athletic and academic career.

Granted, some of them may have a hard time spelling their own name or counting their fingers right on the first time, and the Lakers hockey is known for giving a "second chance" to players in academic failure. However, in theory at least, student-athlete have a double challenge ... and BELONGING.
                    Those posters probably never played at a competitive level, and certainly didn't attend school very long or very seriously.
                    Comparing different contexts is pointless and doesn't justify the cut. One doesn't always recover by scrapping his academics and get a spot on another team.

Many posters obviously couldn't care less about individuals on the team (whether tey are cut or just don't play), forgetting that THE TEAM is formed by individuals sticking together under a consistent leadership (as it was 20 years ago), and the spirit of the team depends a lot on the values the coach show.

Forget about who did it at LSSU (as it is basic leadership practice), but someone reminded that twenty years ago the coach brought everybody together (willingly or not), for a common project, and that was a fair contribution to the success.
                    Today, it is no secret that the hockey department and the administration don't get on well together. Most readers will blame the AD ... maybe with some reasons. But it is up to the hockey department to seek the administration's support, and the student's involvement, not to develop it's autonomy.

The school understandably endeavours to promote all sports, specially as the hockey is no more what is used to be, while Roque seems to attempt to secure his position by turning to undisclosed donors, who concentrate on hockey and are keen on making their investment profitable, like in a business !
                    It is good to raise money from donors, but shouldn't the coach be paying as much attention to the school and the players' interests as to undisclosed parties.

The factual result is that -at least apparently- Lake Superior State University and the Lakers Hockey have grown apart, when they needed to work together to restore a LAKERS identity including the HOCKEY.

When things go sour (admitting the last 5-6 years where acceptable) and the administration's involvement is required, you get the ambiguous attitude from the administration who may be thrown into the battle with little insight and limited efficiency.

the soul of a TEAM also comes from the SCHOOL. May be if most students at lssu don't care about the hockey it is because the hockey department and it's supporters don't care enough about the school.

And the looser is ...
                    Last edited by backbencher; 08-06-2011, 12:08 PM.

Comment

More than 50% space about comparing Frank Anzalone and Jim roque ... woaw !
                      The rest is speculation about what will happen to the Lakers ... without anything being done about it.

It's August, and we really can't do much about where the Lakers will end up, except email the AD, etc.

Take a step back at your own posts; it looks like the lakers have the fans they deserve, and vice versa.

I have no idea what that means.

Most of you are so excited about bashing truth-bla-bla that you don't see that he obviously knows more than you what is going on HERE and NOW on the team.

He's harmless entertainment. Much like the crazy uncle the family trots out every Thanksgiving.

I don't speculate about Anzalone_the_2nd or who Truth_bla_bla is and why his strong feelings; he definitely plsses me off each time he mentions FA but, about the cuts, facts are facts, and posters' reactions probably reveal an underlying identity gap.

I have no idea what that means.

If the same level of tolerance applied equally to all players, some others would be gone without anything to say about it ... and what about the coach himself.

Lazy kids get cut. It's not rocket science.

Many posters say the guys can just pack their stuff and move somewhere else and prove themselves after being cut.
                      Aren't we talking about students who also belong to a SCHOOL ? Those students often could have gone somewhere else but only became LSSU students because Roque had convinced them to come.

So Sellers stayed because he had a scholarship. That makes sense; but at the same time if you were really that passionate about hockey, if you had a decent chance to go to the next level, you would have moved on to another program. Sellers didn't. He stayed at LSSU and got a reduced-cost education. Daddy Truth Squad should at least be happy about that.

Just because a coach is in over his head, it shouldn't allow him to jeopardize kids athletic and academic career.

I'll leave the "coach in over his head" for others to debate right now. As for "jeopardizing" a kid's career, come on, that's ridiculous. The only jeopardizing was that which Sellers did to himself. Lazy, didn't buy into the system. That's his choice, but he should have been wise enough to know there would be a cost for such a decision. Apparently he wasn't (I'm looking at you, Truth Squid).

Those posters probably never played at a competitive level,

So anyone that hasn't played at a "competitive level" (whatever that means), cannot have an opinion? Well, looks like 3/4 of USCHO will be turning in their membership cards today.

Many posters obviously couldn't care less about individuals on the team, forgetting that THE TEAM is formed by individuals sticking together under a consistent leadership (as it was 20 years ago), and the spirit of the team depends a lot on the values the coach show.

Twenty years ago? Would that be under Frank, Francis?

The school understandably endeavours to promote all sports, specially as the hockey is no more what is used to be, while Roque seems to attempt to secure his position by turning to undisclosed donors, who concentrate on hockey and are keen on making their investment profitable.

A hockey coach found a donor who is willing to focus on hockey. The shock of it all.

The factual result is that -at least apparently- Lake Superior State University and the Lakers Hockey have grown apart, when they needed to work together to restore a LAKERS identity including the HOCKEY.

Laker Hockey put LSSU on the map. LSSU needs to remind themselves of that from time to time.

the soul of a TEAM also comes from the SCHOOL. May be if most students at lssu don't care about the hockey it is because the hockey department and it's supporters don't care enough about the school.

Examples, please.

And the looser is ...

Ummmm...the person who stretches out the most?

Comment

Originally posted by backbencher View Post
                        more than 50% space about comparing frank anzalone and jim roque ... Woaw !
                        The rest is speculation about what will happen to the lakers ... Without anything being done about it.

Most of you are so excited about bashing truth-bla-bla that you don't see that he obviously knows more than you what is going on here and now on the team.

I don't speculate about anzalone_the_2nd or who truth_bla_bla is and why his strong feelings; about the cuts, facts are facts, and posters' reactions probably reveal an underlying identity gap.

If you ask the players, no one will say it was deserved, and they will tell you they don't understand what the coach is doing (btw, the day he filed a claim against a police-linesman, he had been running all over the ice a few minutes before, looking really pathetic. Meantime, i remember a poster saying "jr stood up for his team ...".
                        If you ask roque about the cuts, he will give you different reasons today and tomorrow, and probably tell you a week later that he never cut anybody.

If the same level of tolerance applied equally to all players, some others would be gone without anything to say about it ... And what about the coach himself.

Many posters say the guys just have to move on and prove themselves somewhere else after being cut.
                        Aren't we talking about students who also belong to a school ? Those students often could have gone somewhere else before, but only became lssu students because roque had convinced them to come.

Granted, some of them may have a hard time spelling their own name or counting their fingers right on the first time, and the lakers hockey is known for giving a "second chance" to players in academic failure. However, in theory at least, student-athlete have a double challenge ... And belonging.
                        Those posters probably never played at a competitive level, and certainly didn't attend school very long or very seriously.
                        Comparing different contexts is pointless and doesn't justify the cut. One doesn't always recover by scrapping his academics and get a spot on another team.

Many posters obviously couldn't care less about individuals on the team (whether tey are cut or just don't play), forgetting that the team is formed by individuals sticking together under a consistent leadership (as it was 20 years ago), and the spirit of the team depends a lot on the values the coach show.

Forget about who did it at lssu (as it is basic leadership practice), but someone reminded that twenty years ago the coach brought everybody together (willingly or not), for a common project, and that was a fair contribution to the success.
                        Today, it is no secret that the hockey department and the administration don't get on well together. Most readers will blame the ad ... Maybe with some reasons. But it is up to the hockey department to seek the administration's support, and the student's involvement, not to develop it's autonomy.

The school understandably endeavours to promote all sports, specially as the hockey is no more what is used to be, while roque seems to attempt to secure his position by turning to undisclosed donors, who concentrate on hockey and are keen on making their investment profitable, like in a business !
                        It is good to raise money from donors, but shouldn't the coach be paying as much attention to the school and the players' interests as to undisclosed parties.

The factual result is that -at least apparently- lake superior state university and the lakers hockey have grown apart, when they needed to work together to restore a lakers identity including the hockey.

When things go sour (admitting the last 5-6 years where acceptable) and the administration's involvement is required, you get the ambiguous attitude from the administration who may be thrown into the battle with little insight and limited efficiency.

The soul of a team also comes from the school. May be if most students at lssu don't care about the hockey it is because the hockey department and it's supporters don't care enough about the school.

And the looser is ...
                        Last edited by Truth Squad; 08-06-2011, 04:42 PM.

Comment

That is how things have worked for the past 6 years and that is how they will continue to work because of the connections you people have up there and good old boys at the college on the mic and well connected and positioned people in the village and any dissent or differing opinions need not apply, stick to the script and don't ask questions, no matter what happens on and off the ice and you people wonder why and can't understand why either.

I've read through this thread and I see very little of people jumping to the defense of Jim Roque. You seem to think a negative comment about Anzalone is an endorsement of Roque. There are so many posts you've answered that haven't even mentioned the current coach. Yet you trumpet the "old boy" network and the guy on the mic. When people ask you a question, you never answer. And you seem stuck in 20 years ago, presenting false information.
                          "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                            I've read through this thread and I see very little of people jumping to the defense of Jim Roque. You seem to think a negative comment about Anzalone is an endorsement of Roque. There are so many posts you've answered that haven't even mentioned the current coach. Yet you trumpet the "old boy" network and the guy on the mic. When people ask you a question, you never answer. And you seem stuck in 20 years ago, presenting false information.
                            Now that is the TRUTH !!!
                            BLEED BLUE

Comment

How do you know that the Atheletic Department and the Administration have "grown apart"?

IMO, the Lakers recruiting success, to a certain extent, is directly proportional to it's recruiting budget. Has the teams recruiting budget been cut more than other schools?

Just think of the recruiting advantage Michigan has with the USA Hockey development program located right down the street! They can almost walk there.

Since winning NCAA Championships in a short period of time, the faithful's expectations have zoomed past what is reasonable. Heck, think of my alma mater, Clarkson, who have won the most D1 games without a national title (>1,300) and has only been to the title game twice. Just making the frozen four is not "low hanging fruit".

Comment

Only here could Frank Anzalone and Nick Sellars still be a topic of discussion. What year is it again?

Anything, anything out of the athletic department about the future of Laker hockey? It sure sounds bleak, and no sound coming from the University makes it even scarier.

Comment

Working...
                                X