Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: LSSU Laker Hockey 2011-12

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
    What happens if the Atlantic Hockey schools all say no to the CCHA? Does it mean death to us, Ferris, BGSU, and UAH?
    Not quite death, but more likely a merger with WCHA I think. not really all that pretty looking then, and weren't then stuck with the problem of their being no room for growth in College hockey. Big Ten is only going to be bringing in other Big Ten schools. And the NCHA is after schools that can really raise their profiles, so its going to have to be a really big school from like the PAC, Big XII-2, or even the SEC perhaps. And then if a smaller school like MSU-Moorhead does get that 40 million raised, they're either stuck trying to talk a 12 team WCHA into letting them in for 13 schools.

Frankly, my proposal that I've posted in the CCHA-WCHA Merger thread would work out a lot better for all parties involved in the west, a lot of it just kinda hinges on what ND does and the AHA schools saying yes to the CCHA.
    bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
      And that great coach, he's one game over .500 in 4 seasons since leaving LSSU. Impressive.
      You want impressive in the past four seasons your coach Jim Roque has won 49 out of 153 games. Yet you people defend him to the end and put down, ridicule and make wild theories and accusations of anyone on here that dares question his record, coaching ability and ethics. Then again that sound just like him, so that really shouldn't be surprising.

You people are so predictable.

The Truth Is Out There......
      TBA

Comment

Originally posted by Truth Squad View Post
        You want impressive in the past four seasons your coach Jim Roque has won 49 out of 153 games. Yet you people defend him to the end and put down, ridicule and make wild theories and accusations of anyone on here that dares question his record, coaching ability and ethics. Then again that sound just like him, so that really shouldn't be surprising.

TBA
        When you realize that they aren't defending Jim Roque? They're just pointing out that Crazy Frank really isn't what he used to be. I've rarely seen they point out anything in regard to Roque when stating their cases. You're just unjustly associating their rebuttal with backing up Jim Roque.
        Originally posted by SCSU Euro
        What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

TBA
          If you're going to throw out some numbers, you should at least try to be intellectually honest enough to compare apples to apples. Davy's post indicated that Frank was one game over .500 in his 4 years after leaving LSSU; for winning percentages (decimals, if you like), ties don't count in the calculation and didn't figure into Davy's number. So when you throw out numbers for Jim Roque, be honest enough to exclude ties if you're going to compare his record to Frank's, and there have been 29 Laker ties the last 4 years. We all know that statistics can be sliced and diced different ways to make things look better or worse than they really are, heck the government does that all the time, and you obviously are trying to make Roque look as bad as you can. Roque has had 49 wins out of 124 games (just under 40%) in the past 4 seasons where a game didn't end in a tie. Is that good enough? No it isn't, but it's a more honest comparison than the one you posted.

Comment

Anzalone:
            01-02: 8-27-2 (.243)
            02-03: 6-28-4 (.211)
            03-04: 9-20-7 (.347)
            04-05: 9-22-7 (.329)

Comment

TBA
              Now where in the post did I even mention Jim Roque, much less defend him? But his record does compare quite favorably to Frank, part II. Oh, and let's look at Frank's overall record at LSSU: 223-205-41, 12 seasons, 18 games over .500, an average of 1.5 games over .500 per year. Masterful. And where is that stud kid who got cut for no reason playing? Must be in the NHL if he was that good? Maybe the "A?"

The Truth is Right There!
              Last edited by davyd83; 08-05-2011, 02:42 PM.
              "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                If you're going to throw out some numbers, you should at least try to be intellectually honest enough to compare apples to apples. Davy's post indicated that Frank was one game over .500 in his 4 years after leaving LSSU; for winning percentages (decimals, if you like), ties don't count in the calculation and didn't figure into Davy's number. So when you throw out numbers for Jim Roque, be honest enough to exclude ties if you're going to compare his record to Frank's, and there have been 29 Laker ties the last 4 years. We all know that statistics can be sliced and diced different ways to make things look better or worse than they really are, heck the government does that all the time, and you obviously are trying to make Roque look as bad as you can. Roque has had 49 wins out of 124 games (just under 40%) in the past 4 seasons where a game didn't end in a tie. Is that good enough? No it isn't, but it's a more honest comparison than the one you posted.
                So Bill since you are so "intellectually superior" from anyone else on here, tell me where I am wrong where I said that Jim Roque has won 49 out of 153 games in the past four seasons? I know you will defend him at all costs, but if we are to have an "intellectually honest" conversation I would hope that you are unbiased enough, and that is doubtful, to admit that fact is true. Wow Bill I knew you were pretty well biased but now tie games don't count against this coach. Give me a break!

And if we are having "honest comparisons" why don't you people include the three National Championships and record by Frank Anzalone in the 1980's when he put your little college on the map and people actually knew where you little village was.

And Bill didn't you have my comments blocked? Go back and tell us the recruits for the 2013-14 season and when Bentley and Mercyhurst come to the Norris Center and quite embarrassing yourself by your blind love and admiration for this coach.

The Truth Is Out There....
                TBA

Comment

So Bill since you are so "intellectually superior" from anyone else on here, tell me where I am wrong where I said that Jim Roque has won 49 out of 153 games in the past four seasons? I know you will defend him at all costs, but if we are to have an "intellectually honest" conversation I would hope that you are unbiased enough, and that is doubtful, to admit that fact is true. Wow Bill I knew you were pretty well biased but now tie games don't count against this coach. Give me a break!

And if we are having "honest comparisons" why don't you people include the three National Championships and record by Frank Anzalone in the 1980's when he put your little college on the map and people actually knew where you little village was.

And Bill didn't you have my comments blocked? Go back and tell us the recruits for the 2013-14 season and when Bentley and Mercyhurst come to the Norris Center and quite embarrassing yourself by your blind love and admiration for this coach.

TBA
                  Oh Joe, what would we ever do without you?
                  Originally posted by SCSU Euro
                  What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

Frank won how many National Championships? Because when the Lakers won in 91-92, Frank was in Nashville, didn't win anything and was fired in mid-season. Then in 93-94, Frank was head coach at Roanoke and got knocked out in the first round of the playoffs. And if he's so great, why was he fired at Newmarket, Nashville, Lowell, PeeDee, LSSU and not retained when Johnstown moved to Greenville, with the same management (Neil Smith)?
                    Last edited by davyd83; 08-05-2011, 02:48 PM.
                    "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

TBA
                      Let's say a team plays a 40 game schedule (counting postseason). They win 16 games, lose 8, and tie 16. Now admittedly that would be a highly unusual number of ties, but that team undoubtedly would finish in the top portion of their league standings, they won twice as many games as they lost, but by your logic you shouldn't think much of the coach because he only won 40% of the games. You detest Jim Roque and he won 40% (a hair under) of his games the past 4 seasons. And I knew you would call me a defender of Jim Roque after my previous post despite the fact that I stated that having a 40% winning percentage isn't good enough. Your hatred of Jim Roque has blinded you to any sense of "honesty" or "truth".

Comment

Let's say a team plays a 40 game schedule (counting postseason). They win 16 games, lose 8, and tie 16. Now admittedly that would be a highly unusual number of ties, but that team undoubtedly would finish in the top portion of their league standings, they won twice as many games as they lost, but by your logic you shouldn't think much of the coach because he only won 40% of the games. You detest Jim Roque and he won 40% (a hair under) of his games the past 4 seasons. And I knew you would call me a defender of Jim Roque after my previous post despite the fact that I stated that having a 40% winning percentage isn't good enough. Your hatred of Jim Roque has blinded you to any sense of "honesty" or "truth".
                        So Bill can you find it intellectually honest to admit that in four seasons Jim Roque has a total of 49 wins in 153 games? A man of your intellectual superiority certainly should be able to read the season-to-season records.

TBA
                        Last edited by Truth Squad; 08-05-2011, 03:15 PM.

Comment

So Bill can you find it intellectually honest to admit that in four seasons Jim Roque has a total of 49 wins in 153 games? A man of your intellectual superiority certainly should be able to read the season-to-season records.

TBA
                          Still better than the 32 of 149 Frank won in his second stint...waaaaaaaayyyyyy better...and where is that star kid who got cut for no reason playing? Has he even worked his way up to a 10 game stint in Tulsa?

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                            Still better than the 32 of 149 Frank won in his second stint
                            You people always fail to mention the first stint where Frank Anzalone built the program, basically from scratch, and won and responsible for the players for three National Championships. He inherited a decimated program from the outset in his second tour, and had to battle the "good ole boys" once again, and an athletic administration and a.d. who wanted him out because their guy was Jim Roque.

The first two years of Roque's tour were the best and they were because of Frank Anazalone's players, taking them to the Joe. You people know that to be true, but the political allies this coach has built from the college to the media to the town to even higher ups is quite remarkable and truly a tough nut to crack for any dissent or differing opinion. Very similar to this forum where the same people are on here trying to do the same thing. Quite sad really.

TBA
                            TBA

Comment

TBA
                              Sure, he had 49 wins out of 153 games. Now how many losses did he have out of 153 games?

Comment

Sure, he had 49 wins out of 153 games. Now how many losses did he have out of 153 games?
                                How many he was responsible for? Let me try to win over the good ole boys on here Bill and say 0. I am sure you can tell us exactly how many and how hard it is for him along with the other apologists on here.

I am done with you people! I have better things to do then to try to convince the 10 or so people that will not see what is truly going on up there in your little village.

Enjoy playing in a conference with Bentley, Robert Morris and Sacred Heart.

The Truth Is Out There.....
                                Last edited by Truth Squad; 08-05-2011, 05:39 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X