Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: LSSU Laker Hockey 2011-12

Originally posted by Truth Squad
    ...because he wouldn't "play ball" for this coach?
    Sports are similar to the military. Corporals don't tell the sargeants what to do.

...won you three national championships...
    Actually, Anzalone won one. Jeff Jackson won the other 2.
    "Hockey is the only tribe I belong to." --Jack Falla

"Why, as a matter of fact, I suggested starting a hockey program to Father Callahan, our president. He was downright interested until we came to the use of sticks, and then he threw up his hands. He said, 'No, that game is not for our University. Notre Dame will never endorse any game that puts a club in the hands of an Irishman.' " -- Knute Rockne: All American

Comment

Don't feed the trolls, hungry as they may seem.
      FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

What if it was your kid that got cut for no reason, despite being one of the most talented ones out there
        What does that have to do with anything? It certainly doesn't describe your kid at LSSU.

Comment

What if it was your kid that got cut for no reason, despite being one of the most talented ones out there, because he wouldn't "play ball" for this coach? There is a "good old boy" network up there, from the college, through to the town, the media, the broadcasters, that will stop at nothing, and when the chips are down, will ask nothing when it comes to this coach and the lack of success, and at times embarrassments on and off the ice. The Truth Is Out There....
          There is a "good old boy" network everywhere. There was SOME REASON he got cut, good, bad, right, or wrong. If you are the parent then you know it is his world and you do not know everything that goes on it. Do what's best for him and move on, there are other programs out there for him to inquire about.

Comment

Are you talking about Sellers ?

No one on here has the power to fire the coach so what is the sense whining about him constantly. As far as i can tell JR only has one blind follower on here and he doesn't hardly post any more. That is why every one on this board thinks your nuts Truth. Good old boy network, I'm sure there is one up on the hill no one here has ever denied that now why don't you check out Lakerblue's MoJo and try to channel that anger you have into something more constructive.

Oh bye the way i did like Nik and was confused why he was let go but i know nothing about the behind closed doors aspect of the decision in his departure.
            BLEED BLUE

Comment

• Originally posted by Truth Squad
              This is the kind of response you get when you go against this administration for anything. This doesn't surprise me in the least really and you could ask quite a few parents over the past six years, not just the ones with lazy kids as this person says.

What if it was your kid that got cut for no reason, despite being one of the most talented ones out there, because he wouldn't "play ball" for this coach? There is a "good old boy" network up there, from the college, through to the town, the media, the broadcasters, that will stop at nothing, and when the chips are down, will ask nothing when it comes to this coach and the lack of success, and at times embarrassments on and off the ice.

Look at how you people treat Frank Anzalone and the names you people call him and his family members. This was the man that put your little college and village on the map, won you three national championships, and this is the best you can come up with. It is sad, very very sad and you people should be ashamed of yourself and your blind, loyal allegiance, for whatever crazy reason, to this coach, yet are almost gleeful when things don't go Frank's way. Yet another season of bottom division finishes with this coach is ok, and soon finishing behind Bentley, Grand Valley or whatever other school you will be in a league with.

You people are so predictable.

The Truth Is Out There....
              Maybe your kid would have made the team if you had hugged him more as a kid.
              bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

• Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                Don't feed the trolls, hungry as they may seem.
                But he said bad things about Grand Valley.
                bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Do you get the feeling everyone is waiting for the other shoe to drop?

I hope this silence from the Hill is because the administration is working feverishly to sell LSSU to the WCHA -- and not merely on vacation.

Comment

So I will ask you all this.... the haves of the ccha .... mich msu miami and even osu are gone.... nd is trying to leave.... the haves of the wcha nd col coll minne wisc den and umd are all gone so why is the wcha with all the have nots any better then a ccha/aha merge? Either way isn't it "d2" I would argue that the teams left in each conference are normally the bottom 1/2 of their respective leagues...

Nik is lazy.
                    Frank is gone.
                    The tooth is out there

TNA
                    TNA
                    THE TOOTH WILL SET YOU FREE
                    TNA
                    TNA

Comment

Tooth Squid,

The difference is the arenas. A CCHA/WCHA merger keeps the Lakers in a league with solid buildings for hockey, and stronger programs overall. Going to the AHA puts the Lakers in buildings that make the Pullar look like The Joe. Just the aesthetics alone make it worth it.

Now go listen to my music, before I have to pummel you with more common sense!

Comment

Originally posted by Tooth Squid View Post
                        Frank is gone.
                        The tooth is out there

TNA
                        TNA
                        Frank is gone that is the truth, but so is the presitige of your program and the downward spiral ever since Jim Roque took over the helm over six years ago. Embarrassments on and off the ice, and now faced with crowds of under 1800 almost the entire second half of last season and in actuallity only about 350 fans for a Friday night playoff game against a Big 10 school, all the empty seats live on national television.

You people will fit right into the Atlantic Central Collegiate Hockey Conference in 2013.

The Truth Is Out There.....

Comment

So the 280 win percentage frank had with lazy ***** kids like sellers didn't contribute to the decline? Yeah it did. Neil still big arena or small the level is the same 1500 at minn mankato or 1500 at robert morris? Its about the skillz on the ice something truth sellers would know nothing about.... the tooth is out there...

TNA
                          TNA
                          THE TOOTH WILL SET YOU FREE
                          TNA
                          TNA

Comment

Originally posted by Truth Squad View Post
                            and now faced with crowds of under 1800 almost the entire second half of last season and in actuallity only about 350 fans for a Friday night playoff game against a Big 10 school, all the empty seats live on national television.
                            Okay, Truthy, you'll have to make up your mind. The week after the playoff series you claimed the Lakers couldn't even draw 2,000 to a nationally-televised game. You said they had something like 1,400 there. You even posted a picture of a 3/4-empty arena out east that a Div III program plays in, trying to pass it off as the Taffy Abel.

A few months ago you claimed the Lakers drew 800 to that game. Now, it's 350 fans.

If you're going to live in a fantasy world you still have to be consistent.

And as far as the Lakers go, if they play in front of one fan during a game this year, they will play in front of one more fan than Saint Frank will coach in front of this year.

Quack, quack.

Comment

Originally posted by Truth Squad View Post
                              Frank is gone that is the truth, but so is the presitige of your program and the downward spiral ever since Jim Roque took over the helm over six years ago. Embarrassments on and off the ice, and now faced with crowds of under 1800 almost the entire second half of last season and in actuallity only about 350 fans for a Friday night playoff game against a Big 10 school, all the empty seats live on national television.

You people will fit right into the Atlantic Central Collegiate Hockey Conference in 2013.

The Truth Is Out There.....
                              If the kid was such a good hockey player, where has he played since LSSU? I've seen plenty of players get cut for whatever reason that still went on and continued to play. And that great coach, he's one game over .500 in 4 seasons since leaving LSSU. Impressive.
                              Last edited by davyd83; 08-05-2011, 06:47 AM.
                              "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

What happens if the Atlantic Hockey schools all say no to the CCHA? Does it mean death to us, Ferris, BGSU, and UAH?
                                LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Working...
                                X