Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: LSSU Laker Hockey 2011-12

Originally posted by jnacc View Post
    So you'd be OK in a conference with Robert Morris and felt that NMU made a mistake in bolting to what remains of the WCHA??
    I think the NMU move is a good one. Much like many here feel it would be good for LSSU to move to the WCHA, and I would really like to see that happen. I don't think it will happen, but would like to see it. All I did was point out that this is a two way street. Everyone wants to play the "what's best for college hockey card," but only if it is what's best for their program. What's best for Michigan and North Dakota isn't what's best for NMU and LSSU. And what's best for LSSU and NMU isn't necessarily what's best for Robert Morris and Canisius. I learned a long time ago that what I want and what I get are often very different. I wanted Wayne State and Alabama-Huntsville admitted to the CCHA. I didn't get it. I wanted the rest of the CCHA to stay together after Michgan State, OSU and some school in Ann Arbor left. I didn't get it. I would love to see LSSU come along to the WCHA. I probably won't get that either. But because I've pointed out the reasons that it is unlikely, some put me down as anti LSSU. Because I pointed out in the last post that the attitude among a few poster here is the same one they are complaining about elsewhere, I must be anti LSSU. That's hardly the case. I would like nothing more that to see Tech, LSSU and NMU all in the Frozen Four someday. It was excellent when Tech and NMU were in the same FF.
    "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
      But because I've pointed out the reasons that it is unlikely, some put me down as anti LSSU. Because I pointed out in the last post that the attitude among a few poster here is the same one they are complaining about elsewhere, I must be anti LSSU. That's hardly the case.
      If you do not stick to the controlled talking points that are put forth by this coach and his buddies on here, you are labeled a whole bunch of things, don't take it personally. I have been attacked relentlessly for pointing out things about the current coach in the past year, getting reprimanded by the league and suspended, filing a "police report" on a linesman who also is a police man up there, players leaving or cut for no reason, the results on the ice, the lack of people in the seats, and that was just last year, not to mention the previous five, and have been labeled all sorts of awful things and names.

Daring to defend the man that built the program and what he did for those people up there, has also caused the attack dogs to come out in full force. Stick to the controlled conversation on here and they will love you. You people are so predictable.

The Truth Is Out There....

Comment

I am impressed with the Andy Murray hire at WMU. Its a profile name, and at least a few years ago he was a fairly good NHL coach. Running a NCAA program is much different than running an NHL team. Not harder or easier, just different. And Murray is 60.

But I don't think those potential negatives are worrying WMU right now. The administration at WMU knows, or seems to know, that the iron is hot right now, and they MUST promote and increase the image of WMU hockey NOW. Hiring a well-known NHL coach (I believe he has NHL GM experience, too) is a high-profile media splash at exactly the right time. WMU wants into UND/Denver/Duluth/CC's club. Western's leadership seems to know that its speculative, at best, for their program to be included in that league. So they are moving quickly to dispell misgivings. Murray is 60 -- but they don't care. They need Murray NOW, not in four years. NOW is when the new leagues are forming. NOW is when a program is either going to move forward as a Major program or get left behind as a Minor program. Will Murray win? Will he bring in recruits? Who knows -- the guy is a blank slate at the NCAA level. But Western doesn't care, really. They need to get into the National Conference this month.

So in that regard, I see Murray as an outstanding hire for Western. I see Murray's hire as a homerun for Western, because it accomplishes the program's most important goal for this summer.

Compare this action once again to LSSU's leadership. NMU was ready -- primed and poised -- to jump to the WCHA when things fell apart. WMU is attacking this situation with a web campaign and a high-profile coaching hire. LSSU, I hope, is working hard behind the scenes.

Comment

Only thing coming to college hockey will be a weaker WCHA,a weaker CCHA,a weaker Atlantic Conference just so Penn State can be in a big ten league that will most likely be dominated by 2 or 3 of the same teams year in and year out and small schools like Lake State and others scrambling to play non-confernece games with the big boys now. Lakerblue,I agree with you . Lake State went down to fast under Borek. Something was wrong there big time.

Comment

I believe the big ten conference will have 4 teams battling it out immediately.
            SCum- MSU- Wisconsin - Minnesota will be in the mix with OSU & PSU struggling.

This conference may send 2-3 to NCAAs depending on the out of conference strength of schedule.
            Minnesota has already committed to playing other state schools annually.
            No such claims from Michigan schools or Wisconsin who may plan games with NHC teams to help pair wise rating.
            I do not see many trips to the Soo or BGSU / FSU in their plans. Maybe games in their barn, but not much more than that.

If the Lakers are in the "new" CCHA I hope NMU / MTU have an interest in an ongoing home & home series, where we see one or the other annually.
            Those may be the highlight of the schedule.

Comment

Originally posted by sm2pk View Post
              Only thing coming to college hockey will be a weaker WCHA,a weaker CCHA,a weaker Atlantic Conference just so Penn State can be in a big ten league that will most likely be dominated by 2 or 3 of the same teams year in and year out and small schools like Lake State and others scrambling to play non-confernece games with the big boys now.
              This is a perfect summary of the changes taking place.

Comment

Truth... got an idea... get a gun and put yourself out of our misery... your lazy *** kid got cut cause he was not D1 material. Bringing Frank the tank back will not bring LSSU back to D1 greatness it will only bring Francis and his lisp back to call the games... although come to think about it that may be better than Dr. Doom doing the games... ok truth... I am on board .... Bring back Frank! The Tooth is out there...
                TNA
                TNA
                THE TOOTH WILL SET YOU FREE
                TNA
                TNA

Comment

Interesting to note that in the article on the front page about the CCHA and AHA meeting they mentioned who was in attendance and they did not list anyone from LSSU.

Comment

This is from Atheletic Director Kris Dunbar at a recent event up at LSSU:

"Division 1 college hockey is changing and there is much discussion going on about what may happen," said Dunbar. "What will the CCHA and WCHA do? Right now, it's up in the air. We're looking at what is the best situation for our hockey program. We have been in many discussions with our colleagues in the CCHA, but a lot of what you're hearing is just talk now…We want to put our men's hockey program in a good position when the dust settles. We believe we will do that and it will be a positive situation for us."
                    So maybe LSSU is not willing to just stay in the CCHA. I have also heard from someone who was at LSSU the same time I was and was very involved in the atheletic department that from what he is hearing from those still in the department that LSSU is closer to joining the WCHA than the new CCHA. Hopefully that is indeed the case.

Comment

It looks like Western Michigan made a great hire. WMU is very serious about hockey now and I really think the NCHC will accept them, even if Notre Dame goes to Hockey East.

As for our Lakers, I think it's going to be a few months before we know out fate in 2013-2014. I hope it's not that long though.
                      Last edited by LSSULaker889294; 07-26-2011, 11:00 PM.
                      LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
                        It looks like Western Michigan made a great hire. WMU is very serious about hockey now and I really think the NCHC will accept them, even if Notre Dame goes to Hockey East. As for our Lakers, I think it's going to be a few months before we know out fate in 2013-2014. I hope it's not that long though.
                        I'm not sure how good or bad a hire it is, believe it remains to be seen. The recruiting, NHL experience, etc all has an angle. I believe if the CCHA can not get some AHA teams it will most likely fall and the WCHA will bring in LSSU

Comment

Originally posted by Proud2baLaker View Post
                          Interesting to note that in the article on the front page about the CCHA and AHA meeting they mentioned who was in attendance and they did not list anyone from LSSU.
                          Unless the LSSU athletic department has been given some firm assurances from the WCHA that they will be accepted as a member, Dunbar should definitely have attended the CCHA/AHA meeting.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                            Unless the LSSU athletic department has been given some firm assurances from the WCHA that they will be accepted as a member, Dunbar should definitely have attended the CCHA/AHA meeting.

Bill, I agree with you and I am also suprised that UAH was not invited to the meeting. Beggers can not be choosers and at this point i would have to say the leftover ccha conference and schools look to be beggers.
                            BLEED BLUE

Comment

Hopefully their not being present at the meeting is a good sign.
                              BLEED BLUE

Comment

Originally posted by PerkyforPrez View Post
                                Bill, I agree with you and I am also suprised that UAH was not invited to the meeting. Beggers can not be choosers and at this point i would have to say the leftover ccha conference and schools look to be beggers.
                                Yeah, but the one thing that the remaining CCHA schools would have going for them is that they should be able to keep an autobid as long as it looks like they can keep 6 teams together by 2015. The NCHA won't have that going for it as they'll be a totally new league.
                                bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Working...
                                X