LSSU Laker Hockey 2011-12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: LSSU Laker Hockey 2011-12

So are the same people who are mad because because Michigan, Michigan State and Miami don't wanna play with them because they aren't big enough and don't offer enough glitz and glam trying to say they don't want to play with Canisius and Mercyhurst and Robert Morris because they aren't big enough and don't off enough glitz and glam?
    "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

So you like to put words in peoples mouths huh.

I think you need your buddy boot walt kyle to come back, you just seem to bored.
      BLEED BLUE

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
        So are the same people who are mad because because Michigan, Michigan State and Miami don't wanna play with them because they aren't big enough and don't offer enough glitz and glam trying to say they don't want to play with Canisius and Mercyhurst and Robert Morris because they aren't big enough and don't off enough glitz and glam?
        So you'd be OK in a conference with Robert Morris and felt that NMU made a mistake in bolting to what remains of the WCHA??

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
          Give me a break. You waltz on here a few weeks ago, pretending to be all concerned and rooting for LSSU to get a good break. The sad part is a few people took the bait, and thought you were anything more than an unemployed Wildcat fan looking to stir up some sh**.

Well, now the truth comes out.

Go back to your "Welcome Wildcats" thread, and keep pretending the WCHA would have cared less if you came back if a program like Western or ND wanted in.

Drunk and stupid is the way to spend your college years, not the years after. For some reason, Marquette never quite figured that out.

Comment

Originally posted by jnacc View Post
            So you'd be OK in a conference with Robert Morris and felt that NMU made a mistake in bolting to what remains of the WCHA??
            Seeing as how the WHCA was only at 5... someone NEEDED to join. I don't think there is a school that makes more sense than Northern to move to the WCHA... Maybe Fairbanks, but that may be coming. And with that said. I'd like to see LSSU and UAF be 7 and 8.
            MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

Originally posted by jnacc View Post
              While I can't speak for DavyD: Yes, I would have wanted Bobby Mo to join. Not knowing that Miami, ND, and WMU wanted out, I wanted ND and Miami to be the flagships with Bobby Mo, Mercyhurst, and Niagara in the new CCHA.

And even though my 'Cats are now in the WCHA, and the CCHA looks like slim pickings, I STILL want to see the AHA teams come over. They wanted to be competitive, but handicapped themselves in an effort to just save themselves when the CHA folded.
              “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

I wondered how long it was going to take until a few of the sympathetic voices started sharpening their barbs. I don't like the comment, but that doesn't mean there isn't a grain of truth.

The Big Ten Arrogance Society fancied themselves TV stars and, honestly, fancied themselves special. So off they ran. I have pointed out before, and shall point out again, that the Big Ten's nuking of the western half of college hockey's universe has been given a large free pass by the press. This was a blindly arrogant money grab. I was not shocked -- because after all what is the Big Ten, in anything, except a blind arrogant money grab. But this particular money grab destabilzed the West.

For some reason, UND, Denver et al.'s blind arrogant money grab was treated more harshly (although much of that harsh critique came, hilariously enough, from common Big Ten supporters).

Now there is a break down between survivors. In the WCHA, there are programs that are well funded and well supported. (The benefits to LSSU of joining the WCHA I, and many others, have hammered without mercy for weeks),

In the CCHA, there are programs that are on life support. Ferris and BGSU. Western, despite its declaration of hockey excellence, plays in a fancy high-school rink with limited facilities, and with football and basketball far more important and far more popular. Now the CCHA, desperate to survive, wants to add programs from four private schools with very small facilities, limited fan base and limited fan interest. And although the desire of the AHA westen teams to move to the CCHA for increased scholarships points to programs willing to try growing, they have a long way to go yet. Does LSSU belong with this group of small quasi-D-II programs? Or does LSSU belong with a more serious and stable D-I conference?

Based upon facilities, heritage, and institutional support LSSU is a great fit for the reconstituted WCHA -- taking geography out of the equation maybe a better fit than Northern. And this makes LSSU fans want to be a part of that conference. And that looks, to those snipping and snapping, like LSSU is turning up its nose at the constituted CCHA.

Yes, we are. I don't want to sugar coat anything. I would prefer to take the stance of UND and Denver et al and say, "It is about money, power, and exposure." Be honest. Don't be like the Big Ten yahoos who actually said with straight faces, "This is about conference identity." I hope the AHA schools do great. I hope Ferris and BSU and UAH and the AHA schools band together and form a lovely conference and have lots of fans and lot of money and get lots of good players. But I don't want any part of where that league is heading.

Comment

Wow... bitter much? Suddenly the vitriol turned from "why isn't our administration doing something" to "why isn't the rest of college hockey looking out for us?"

While the fans may feel (rightly) that LSSU belongs in the WCHA; financially*, the CCHA may make the most sense.

* By financially, I mean how much is allocated and spent by the University on coaches, staff, recruiting, scouting, etc.
                  “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

I assume you aren't taking my post as bitter? I am going to be open and honest, in the interest of full disclosure -- the schools and fans and media prostitutes who faun over the Big Ten can drop dead in their own filth and I would hardly raise a finger to help. Ok, I'd raise one particular finger.

I will, however, refuse to take the bait vis-a-vis NMU. Their administration hit the ground running, LSSU's did not.

And I don't think anyone on this page, this LSSU page, is sitting around saying, "Why didn't college hockey do anything for us." If any poster or reader took that meaning from the hundreds of posts herein showing the fan-base-populace begging and screaming for our own adminstration to act . .. well . .. I would question your reading comprehension and conclude either A) your education ended with a GED from Bay De Noc; B) You couldn't get into Bay De Noc so you "found yourself" in a weird haze of burnt cheese curds, marijuana, and Steven Stills solo albums, or C) You're just bored and seeking to stir up manure until mom calls you upstairs for dinner (I know, that last one was lame).

In fact, there doesn't appear to one single poster, or post, on this thread, which shows LSSU saying anything about being unfairly left behind. Yes, the Big Ten blew up college hockey-- thats not a whimpering cry for mercy, thats just the truth. And no, I did not expect LSSU to get scooped up with North Dakota's new conference. And no, I did not expect the WCHA schools to run, hat in hand, to the Soo begging for LSSU's mighty program to save their conference.

In fact, we all here have been saying exactly the opposite -- the LSSU leadership needs to move quickly and sell LSSU to the WCHA, which in its 2013 incarnation looks like the stronger league.

There is no self pitty in the Laker ranks. We are all quite concerned with our program, and we are all seeking ways each of us can address the issue, or at least discuss the issue.

But, yes, the Big Ten and its bastard cruddy CCHA can both die. I'm just keeping it real.

Comment

I think Davy just likes to play devil's advocate a lot. That can come across as being overly negative if you do it enough. I don't think any ill will was intended. Just my 2 cents.

Comment

Andy Murray from St Louis Blues in at WMU. They remain High profile with this hire.

Ron Rolston was a finalist.
                        Last edited by 3dognight; 07-25-2011, 06:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lakerblue View Post
                          ... And although the desire of the AHA westen teams to move to the CCHA for increased scholarships points to programs willing to try growing, they have a long way to go yet. Does LSSU belong with this group of small quasi-D-II programs? Or does LSSU belong with a more serious and stable D-I conference? ...
                          I am not sure what a quasi-D-II program is. However, fyi, three out of the four AHA schools that are meeting with CCHA are full-fledged D-1 programs, certainly not "quasi D-II." Only Mercyhurst is a D-II school. OTOH: Bemidji State, SCSU, Minnesota State, Northern Michigan and UAA ... I believe all are real D-II. Umm - that would be the new WCHA which you describe as a serious and stable D-1 conference?? HUH?

I believe that the western AHA schools are looking very cautiously at whether they are interested in joining the CCHA leftovers. I, for one, would be less than thrilled to escape the dregs of the AHA only to join the unwanted teams of the CCHA. And if things do not work out between the two groups, then I do wish the (probably three) remaining CCHA teams all the best - hope that they stick together and perhaps get UAH to form a lovely and stable four team conference.
                          GO PURPS!
                          Real Men wear PURPLE!

www.gwinnettgladiators.com

I am ... a New Yorker by birth, Southern by the Grace of God

Comment

Originally posted by 3dognight View Post
                            Andy Murray from St Louis Blues in at WMU. They remain High profile with this hire.

Ron Rolston was a finalist.
                            I kind of wonder if Ron Rolston would throw his hat in the ring should the LSSU coaching position open up after this coming season, assuming the Lakers don't show significant improvement from recent seasons and the admin decides it's time for a change. I tend to think we couldn't afford him, but then maybe salary isn't a big driver for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                              I kind of wonder if Ron Rolston would throw his hat in the ring should the LSSU coaching position open up after this coming season, assuming the Lakers don't show significant improvement from recent seasons and the admin decides it's time for a change. I tend to think we couldn't afford him, but then maybe salary isn't a big driver for him.
                              Does he have any more younger brothers he could bring with him?

Originally posted by 5hole View Post
                              I am not sure what a quasi-D-II program is. However, fyi, three out of the four AHA schools that are meeting with CCHA are full-fledged D-1 programs, certainly not "quasi D-II." Only Mercyhurst is a D-II school. OTOH: Bemidji State, SCSU, Minnesota State, Northern Michigan and UAA ... I believe all are real D-II. Umm - that would be the new WCHA which you describe as a serious and stable D-1 conference?? HUH?

I believe that the western AHA schools are looking very cautiously at whether they are interested in joining the CCHA leftovers. I, for one, would be less than thrilled to escape the dregs of the AHA only to join the unwanted teams of the CCHA. And if things do not work out between the two groups, then I do wish the (probably three) remaining CCHA teams all the best - hope that they stick together and perhaps get UAH to form a lovely and stable four team conference.
                              No doubt. I think LSSU is starting to fall into the "beggers can't be choosers" category, as far as hockey conferences go...

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                                Rumor has it that he's taking the HC job for the Rochester Americans in the AHL.
                                "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Working...
                                X