Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LSSU Laker Hockey 2011-12

Originally posted by yooper(UP) hockey View Post
    But he did win a couple of National Championships and you cant take that away from him.
    He won a single national championship.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
      He won a single national championship.
      Frank Anzalone built a small college into a national contender with winning an NCAA Championship in 1988 and his players responsible for the 1992 title and laying the foundation for another one in 1994.

He was on his way to building the program back in his second stint, one that had been gutted since he left and after Jackson left. Ambition and politics got in the way of that because Lake Superior State would be back on top if Frank Anzalone was still there.

I hope Clarkson makes the right offer, the choice is obvious if you want a winner, it is Frank Anzalone.

The Truth Is Out There....

Comment

I think Clarkston should go the way MI State did. Bring in a guy who was an assistant coach for one year back in the early 90s and call him a great catch .

Comment

Originally posted by sm2pk View Post
          I think Clarkston should go the way MI State did. Bring in a guy who was an assistant coach for one year back in the early 90s and call him a great catch .
          Sad for college hockey at such a great program.

Comment

Originally posted by 3dognight View Post
            GREAT opportunity for Rich Metro

I have heard he will even run the youth leagues through his organization.
            he will be the Hockey Czar (wrong country for that....Ha!)
            Who is going to replace Metro?

Comment

Where did Coach Metro go? I missed this.

Comment

Originally posted by Laker4Life View Post
                Where did Coach Metro go? I missed this.
                I think he's going back to France where his wife is from, and where he played pro hockey. He is going to coach a team over there. I haven't seen anything official posted by LSSU yet, but that is the word. Not sure how long it will take for Roque to name a replacement.

Comment

Originally posted by Truth Squad View Post
                  He was on his way to building the program back in his second stint, one that had been gutted since he left and after Jackson left. Ambition and politics got in the way of that because Lake Superior State would be back on top if Frank Anzalone was still there.
                  8-27-2 (.243)
                  6-28-4 (.211)
                  9-20-7 (.347)
                  9-22-7 (.329)

Thats some mighty fine rebuilding there. Heck if we gave him another 5 years he might have finally cracked 10 wins in a season. Frank's style of game and coaching just doesnt fit in with college hockey anymore. Face the facts. We all appreciate the championship he brought us and for putting us on the map, but we also realize he is not diety, which seems to be your line of thinking.

Comment

Rich Mtetro has done nothing officially about the position in France. It is a great opportunity but a long way from US hockey.
                    He is in the " window"to make a decision, therefore nothing official at LSSU.

Comment

Some nice tentative home dates in 2011-12 for the Lakers Oct 15-16 MSU, 21-22 BGSU, Nov 4-5 the Beavers of Bemidji State, and Nov 25-26 hosting the Fighting Irish. I had a early tentative to look at but I like the Bemidji addition. It seems they will alternate with UAH as a non conference opponent for a few years.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                        I think he's going back to France where his wife is from, and where he played pro hockey. He is going to coach a team over there. I haven't seen anything official posted by LSSU yet, but that is the word. Not sure how long it will take for Roque to name a replacement.
                        Let us hope Roque gets the job at Clarkson. In my opinion,he deserves that job .

Comment

Some nice tentative home dates in 2011-12 for the Lakers Oct 15-16 MSU, 21-22 BGSU, Nov 4-5 the Beavers of Bemidji State, and Nov 25-26 hosting the Fighting Irish. I had a early tentative to look at but I like the Bemidji addition. It seems they will alternate with UAH as a non conference opponent for a few years.
                          Good to hear that UAH may be an addition to the future schedule, and Bemidji has always been a good rivalry although dormant for many years.

Comment

Bill...we are at UAH this year they come to Taffy next. Mel also willing to start a series with Tech in the future, as big ten teams move on.

Comment

Looks like most of the home games will be in the first half.

The second half the Lakers play Miami at home the second weekend of January. The two other home series in the second half will be against Ohio State and Western Michigan.

Schedule so far:

October 14/15 - Michigan State
                              October 21/22 - Bowling Green
                              October 28/29 - @ Miami
                              November 4/5 - Bemidji State
                              November 25/26 - Notre Dame
                              December 9/10 - Northern Michigan
                              December 30/31 - @ Vermont Tournament
                              January 13/14 - Miami
                              February 3 - USA Under 18
                              February 10/11 - @ Alaska
                              February 24/25 - @ Northern Michigan

Comment

Looks like a favorable 1st half schedule, hopefully the Lakers take advantage of that. Weird that there is a home series on Thansgiving weekend. When's the last time the Lakers played at home Thanksgiving weekend? I take it the Lakers won't go to Union this year but it's to see them playing UAH.
                                LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Working...
                                X