LSSU Laker Hockey 2011-12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LSSU Laker Hockey 2011-12

Perky ......1,2,&3. He is on a one year deal.

Rolston & Roque are great friends.
    Last edited by 3dognight; 05-14-2011, 05:06 PM.

Comment

At the hockey banquet when beemer was making his speech he mentioned the financial situation and said with all that the university has provided them that the allums have got to start giving back. I can only remember one hockey allum publicly give back and that was Weight, hopefully word will spread because there would be a large void in my life without Laker Hockey.
      BLEED BLUE

Comment

Ron Rolston may become the next Clarkson University men's hockey coach, if he wants the position, according to multiple sources.

Clarkson has conducted telephone interviews this week with potential coaches, but Rolston is expected to visit the campus this weekend. He's the only one who will make an on-campus appearance.

Rolston had taken himself out of consideration earlier this month, but appears to have had a change of heart. He also had been in the running for coaching positions at Princeton and UMass.-Lowell.

Along with Rolston, another top candidate appears to be Lake Superior State coach Jim Roque, who was an assistant at Clarkson from 1995-2001.

Other people who have been reported to have either had interviews or been interested in the position include: former Golden Knight and current Merrimack assistant Phil Roy; Brasher Falls native and Denver assistant Derek Lalonde; Canton native and Hobart coach Mark Taylor; former Clarkson coach and current Manchester Monarchs coach Mark Morris; former Clarkson player and assistant Jean-Francois Houle; U.S. Hockey executive Bob Mancini; and former Lake Superior State coach Frank Anzalone.

http://www.watertowndailytimes.com/a...9933/-1/sports

Comment

I wonder what the chances are that Rolston would bring on Roque as an A.C. Interesting that Anzalone also applied, though I would venture to guess that his chances would be less than zero. I also can't see how Roque would be a favorite either....to me the school should admit their mistake and re-hire Morris, though Rolston would also be a fine hire.
          Last edited by jnacc; 05-15-2011, 10:34 AM.

Comment

In Rolston I see another Jeff Blashill-like coach. I think they share some of the same characteristics: relatively young, success at every level they have coached; the 'new breed' of coach.

Which is why Anzalone would be a terrible hire. He had his day in the sun, but that is past now. He could probably be effective in the minor pros somewhere, but he and the college game have long ago parted ways.

Hiring Anzalone to coach Clarkson would be like hiring Scotty Bowman to coach a young team in the NHL.

Comment

I think it would be more like hiring T.S. to be the Lakers and coach Roque's P.R. man.

3dog is coach Metro still heading to france ?
              BLEED BLUE

Comment

GREAT opportunity for Rich Metro

I have heard he will even run the youth leagues through his organization.
                he will be the Hockey Czar (wrong country for that....Ha!)

Comment

I only heard bits and peices but i'm very happy for him and his family. The Laker players will miss him.
                  BLEED BLUE

Comment

Anzalone is available because the CHL Quad City Mallards, whom he has coach the past two seasons, suspended operations this week.
                    "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Frank Anzalone brings so much to the table. Won 1 and responsible for 2 NCAA championships, coached professional hockey, junior hockey, the guy has done it all and has the respect of his peers and his players.

If Clarkson wants a proven winner, they know the right choice, Frank Anzalone.

The Truth Is Out There...

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                        Anzalone is available because the CHL Quad City Mallards, whom he has coach the past two seasons, suspended operations this week.

Old news...... keep up.
                        BLEED BLUE

Comment

Originally posted by Truth Squad View Post

If Clarkson wants a proven winner, they know the right choice, Frank Anzalone.

Quack, quack, qua...q...

*****http://images.arcadja.com/harvey_george-still_life_with_dead_mallard~300~10230_20090805_63 3_1016.jpg******

Comment

Originally posted by Neil Diamond View Post
                            Quack, quack, qua...q...

*****http://images.arcadja.com/harvey_george-still_life_with_dead_mallard~300~10230_20090805_63 3_1016.jpg******
                            It is very sad the lengths some people will go to besmirch the name of someone that meant so much to their program as in Frank Anzalone.

If anyone at Clarkson is reading this for the first time the current coach of Lake State has his people on here that ridicule and demean the name of Frank Anzalone. It is truly sad but what you will inherit if you are foolish enough to go that direction.

Very sad Neil Diamond.

Comment

Originally posted by Truth Squad View Post
                              It is very sad the lengths some people will go to besmirch the name of someone that meant so much to their program as in Frank Anzalone.

If anyone at Clarkson is reading this for the first time the current coach of Lake State has his people on here that ridicule and demean the name of Frank Anzalone. It is truly sad but what you will inherit if you are foolish enough to go that direction.

Very sad Neil Diamond.

Get it through your head, as an outsider these people aren't forgetting what Anzalone did for the program, but Anzalone the Electiric Boogaloo wasn't nearly as effective and showed he lost his way with college hockey.
                              Originally posted by SCSU Euro
                              What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

Originally posted by Flashy Man View Post
                                Get it through your head, as an outsider these people aren't forgetting what Anzalone did for the program, but Anzalone the Electiric Boogaloo wasn't nearly as effective and showed he lost his way with college hockey.
                                But he did win a couple of National Championships and you cant take that away from him.

Comment

Working...
                                X