LSSU Laker Hockey 2011-12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: LSSU Laker Hockey 2011-12

I don't really care about Frankie and I'm tired of hearing about the past issues with him and how he was let go. I really don't know of anyone here who supports Roque. Lets move on and try to do something positive.

My imidiate concern and most everyone here is; a conference for the Lakers to play in 2 years from now. One in which they will prosper both in wins and by filling the seats in the newly revamped arena (=ing $ ). To me it seems like a logical move to have the Yooper schools and the Minn schools in one conference; again filling the arena would easier other northern schools than a piece meal confernce from other areas.

How about us taking a proactive role as fans by sending e-mails to the various ADs and the WCHA. Let's let the ADs and the WCHA know about the large following the Lakers have; it just might mean something to them. They too want to put seats in the seats. Over the last several years, on the USCHO page, I have noticed more activity on the Laker threads than any of the other threads. Let's try to help push it along!

At least if we send them a letters of support for the Lakers we will have done something and can then say 'at least I tried' instead of 'boy what if we had ....'
    Go Lakers!

Comment

Originally posted by Lakerblue View Post
      Not too many people talking about Frank in the Soo lately. If there was an ugly issue, its long, long, long dead. I don't see how Frank has anything to do with the current state of LSSU hockey -- in good times or bad.

So let me repeat: Death to the CCHA.

Discuss.
      The existing team construct of the CCHA was fine with me other than I think they should have admitted UAH when UNO left for the WCHA. Administratively, I was never a fan of Tom Anastos and I haven't seen anything out of Pletsch yet to think he will be any better. But the CCHA as we know it is going by the wayside.

I prefer to see the Lakers become a member of the WCHA as the western leagues are rearranged and the Big 10 starts. However there is a feeling by some that the MN schools in the WCHA aren't interested in having LSSU join their conference. Presumably the reasons are travel times/costs (long bus trips), LSSU not being able to provide as big of a hockey budget (financial commitment) as most schools, and the lack of team success over the last 15 years. I don't think this last point holds that much water since MTU hasn't exactly lit up the lights in the WCHA for a long time. So although I think the Lakers should be actively pursuing joining the WCHA, that may not be enough. Time will tell.

If the Lakers were to stay in a reconstituted CCHA, along with Ferris and BG, plus picking up UAH and 2-4 teams from Atlantic Hockey, I will still support the team. I live far enough away such that I usually only get to a couple of home series each season and I would still do that. I might not like the content of the new CCHA compared to the current one, but as long as Laker Hockey exists I will support it. Personally I think that as long as they put a team on the ice that wins on a relatively frequent basis, the local Soo fans will come out to support them; at least I hope they would. Playing teams like UAH, Robert Morris, Mercyhurst, and Niagara may not have the same glamour as playing UM, MSU or Notre Dame, but there is still at least the opportunity to put a good team together and make some waves in the NCAA tournament.

I think there will be additional changes to the league landscapes over the next 3-5 years especially. I don't think we're done speculating on who might go where.

Comment

Whoever is the second asst on the Lakers bench has never been less significant.

That press release may not even see publication with the swirl of events.
        Last edited by 3dognight; 07-14-2011, 02:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 3dognight View Post
          Just read Pletchs interview on USCHO main board.........underwhelming.

Looks like he has conceded the CCHA to observer status in the changing landscape of college hockey.

UGH
          It's official. Pletch is a moron.
          LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

• Originally posted by Lakerblue View Post

Discuss.
            This forum is so much more fun when you take the time to join us, Lakerblue.

Comment

Originally posted by lssualumn View Post
              LSSU needs quality people in charge and they desperately lack that right now.
              This! It is the be all and end all. Like I said before, I have little trust in the current administration to do what will be needed to be done. We now find out that Lake State is not even in talks with the WCHA to see what possibility exists for LSSU to enter the league.....as for Roque, he has very little if any supporters on this site and what remains of his very small base of support in the Soo is fading fast....another losing season will be the end of him and rightfully so!

Comment

Originally posted by jnacc View Post
                This! It is the be all and end all. Like I said before, I have little trust in the current administration to do what will be needed to be done. We now find out that Lake State is not even in talks with the WCHA to see what possibility exists for LSSU to enter the league.....as for Roque, he has very little if any supporters on this site and what remains of his very small base of support in the Soo is fading fast....another losing season will be the end of him and rightfully so!
                It won't matter what happens on the ice next season, or if they end up fighting with Bentley or Suomi College for a league championship, Roque is going no where. 500 for a playoff game will be the norm, rather than the exception when Niagra and Gannon come to town.

The Truth Is Out There....
                TBA
                Last edited by Truth Squad; 07-14-2011, 03:55 PM.

Comment

I can see why Metro left. The Laker ship is in danger of being sunk for good.

Comment

Originally posted by Lakerblue View Post
                    Not too many people talking about Frank in the Soo lately. If there was an ugly issue, its long, long, long dead. I don't see how Frank has anything to do with the current state of LSSU hockey -- in good times or bad.

Discuss.

Would this be the same CCHA so intent on kissing *** that it couldn't recognize one of it's coaches as conference coach of the year while he received national recognition as coach of the year. Good riddance to the CCHA.

Comment

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
                      I can see why Metro left. The Laker ship is in danger of being sunk for good.
                      Metro left, Roque wanted to leave, and the new assistant coach will be basically a part-timer, as he needs time to work on his newly acquired business.

These are not the actions of people that believe this program will be here in a few years. And, rest assured, there are more than a few smiling faces at LSSU, ready to give the hockey program that little shove it needs to fall over the cliff.

Comment

Originally posted by Truth Squad
                        *****http://w4.campusexplorer.com/media/376x262/Canisius-College-38C8A888.png******

*****http://media.wkbw.com/images/NiagaraUniversityLogo+copy.jpg******

*****http://boston.sportsthenandnow.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/BENTLEY-LOGO-2-259x300.jpg******

*****http://www.unirugs.com/images/collegiate_rugs/Mercyhurst%20College%2074727%20-%20Spirit.jpg******

Why fight for the future, or winning, when this is what lies ahead. Laker hockey solid as a Roque!

The Truth Is Out There....
                        Do you think those programs will fold, like the last team Frank coached?

Comment

I am quickly losing faith in Dunbar. Maybe she wants hockey to fail so LSSU basketball is the number one sport, where is used to play and coach.

Comment

I'm curious about a number of theories that have been posted as though they are fact. To paraphrase

1) The remaining WCHA schools have no interest in LSSU
                            2) The current athletic department leaders are doing nothing proactive regarding conference affiliation
                            3) There has been no communication with the remaining WCHA schools regarding affiliation
                            4) Rich Metro left because Laker future prospects were so bleak
                            5) Jim Roque officially applied for the Clarkson job, and if he did it was because Laker future prospects are so bleak
                            6) The Lakers will be good enough in the future to position themselves for a championship game against Suomi or Bentley

I'm all for histrionics and I realize an internet chat site has little to do with logic or fact. Most of my sweeping generalizations have little basis in reality. If anyone has any confirmable information, please share.

Comment

OK, I'm gonna play devils advocate. Personally, I would love to see all 3 UP schools in one conference, but let's say Western is rejected by the NCHC and Hockey East. The WCHA has decided to accept 2 of the 3 applications among LSSU, Western and Fairbanks. I'm the AD at Mankato. Convince my why LSSU should be one of them. Now remember, as far as travel goes, Fairbanks picks up nearly all of the expenses AND you get two exempt games. Westen, as far as the Minnesota schools, when compared to the Soo, is an hour nearer for one, an hour longer for one and about equal distance from the third. Convince me why LSSU should be one of the applications accepted.
                              "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

DB,

All we have to go on is the Marquette Mining Journal report that there are no current talks between LSSU and the WCHA. It was an unsourced report, so it has to be taken with a grain of salt, but it is the only media report about the LSSU/WCHA relationship I have seen. (I can't believe the Soo paper - at least online - has not even mentioned the situation.) I hope the MMJ report is dead wrong, and I do find it difficult to believe that there are NO talks on going. If anyone sees any info contradicting it, please post it.

Comment

Working...
                                X