Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: LSSU Laker Hockey 2011-12

Originally posted by laker_one View Post
    A story in the Marquette Mining Journal confirms NMU's move to the WCHA and includes this tidbit.

"According to Mining Journal sources, Lake Superior State is not in talks with the WCHA and most likely will not be following the Wildcats out west."

I'm trying to read between the lines on that. It could mean that the WCHA has absolutely no interest, but it almost sounds like LSSU isn't trying to get into the WCHA. I hope that's not true. It just seems obvious to me that the WCHA is the best place for us at this point.
    Keep bashing Frank Anzalone if it makes you people feel better. I would be pretty upset right now as well to see three National Championship banners hanging from the rafters and where you might end up in a couple of years.

Much like the happenings on and off the ice the past six years, don't be surprised if nothing happens on this matter as well.

Adrian, Milwaukee School of Engineering, Suomi College, Wisconsin Stevens Point are all pretty close to Sault and I think would make great rivals in 2013-14.

The Truth Is Out There....
    TBA
    Last edited by Truth Squad; 07-14-2011, 09:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pump It Up View Post
      This is the best possible scenario for keeping the CCHA afloat with the 4 teams left, UAH, and 1 or 3 others from the AHA.

On paper, this looks like the only viable way to keep the CCHA afloat as a league, but I doubt LSSU and Ferris are viable as programs in a league like that. Maybe the program can finally start racking up some wins against weaker teams, but I'm not sure that would be enough to generate interest to bring out fans.

Of course, I'm letting myself speak for people in the Soo when I haven't lived in Michigan in 20 years and only get back to the UP a few times a year. I'm just thinking, if I were in town and the Lakers were playing UAH or Robert Morris, I might or might not go to the game. If I were in town and they were playing NMU, Tech, or even Bemidji, I would not miss the game.

Comment

Death to the CCHA.

It was a poorly run, poorly operated, and poorly planned league for the past 15 years. At this point, only LSSU and Ferris will be left standing, holding the bag for a crummy league that hated -- and I firmly believe "hate" is the proper term -- Ferris and LSSU (at least as the last 15 years have transpired).

Why LSSU would sit on its hands and think about any continued relationship with the CCHA as some western version of the AHA is pathetic. Perhaps this is more telling as to the institutional rot within the Althetic halls on campus -- lack of imagination, lack of desire, lack of vision?

Perhaps the WCHA schools don't want LSSU any more than the CCHA wanted LSSU? I don't know. I see NMU is proactively attempting to direct its attention west. I repeat my opnion that LSSU's future must be west. If LSSU continues to orient itself south and east, the program will be dead.

I guess in my opinion, any efforts by LSSU to remain, support, or prop-up the CCHA is wasted. The CCHA was a joke BEFORE half the teams left. Now its just a useless name, with no teams, no vision, no imagination, no proactive approach. And Fred Pletsch? Please -- this dude is Tom A's buddy. He will be comminucations director for Big Ten hockey in 2013. He is going to hold onto this job for two years to make sure UM and MSU collect money for playing at JLA and on Fox Sports Detroit. He is going to make sure that the last two years of the CCHA are as profitable as possible for the departing schools. Then he is going to lock up the office, move to the Big Ten, and that will be that.

Meanwhile, NMU will have entered actively in negotiations to form a new conference out West with Tech and the Alaska schools. And LSSU will be standing there with our pants around our ankles, thumb in our mouth, and begging Niagara and Robert Morris to join up with BGSU, Ferris, and LSSU to form a CHA Part II.

Death to the CCHA. If the CCHA lives, LSSU will die. Kill that worthless hunk of dung before the rotting corpse drags LSSU Hockey into the grave with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Lakerblue View Post
          If the CCHA lives, LSSU will die.
          Yep. That about sums it up.

Comment

Originally posted by laker_one View Post
            A story in the Marquette Mining Journal confirms NMU's move to the WCHA and includes this tidbit.

"According to Mining Journal sources, Lake Superior State is not in talks with the WCHA and most likely will not be following the Wildcats out west."

I'm trying to read between the lines on that. It could mean that the WCHA has absolutely no interest, but it almost sounds like LSSU isn't trying to get into the WCHA. I hope that's not true. It just seems obvious to me that the WCHA is the best place for us at this point.
            I was worried before but now when I read this, I am really worried and ready to prepare for the worst. I thought it was logical that MTU, NMU and LSSU would end up together.

Comment

Before this gets off topic again, let me state that no-one on this site represents the Anzalone family and “Truth” coming on the thread again with smoke and mirrors is getting quite old. This has nothing to do with Frank. Each time LSSU is in the midst of controversy Truth turns the discussion to Frank. When Jim Roque got fined last winter “Truth” turned the conversation to Frank’s record in Quad Cities. When Jim Roque got suspended by the league, the topic was Frank’s record while at LSSU. When Jim Roque applied for the Clarkson job, the discussion was Frank applying for the Clarkson job. Everything Frank did while at LSSU, good or bad, was for the good of LSSU hockey and there were no secrets. Can the same be said for Jim Roque? LSSU needs quality people in charge and they desperately lack that right now (that includes 3dognight who says he/she doesn’t have any ties to the coach and has never met Frank yet continually ridicules him). This makes no sense for a person in that position. In your last post you mention that you are re-evaluating the level of the project based on the college hockey landscape. Is it fair to ask if you have given the money promised to the University or are you holding it and making sure things work out to your satisfaction first? Your comments make one think there is a chance that the long awaited renovations may actually not even occur. There is only one reason why there is such an interest in degrading Frank even by major donors who claim to be new to LSSU, and guilt is never a good thing?

There is no comparison between Jim Roque and Frank Anzalone. Are you people even aware that the NCAA issues that Jim reported to the school as violations when Frank got fired involved Jim as well? (public record) Franks biggest fault at Lake Superior was his loyalty to his staff. Frank has coached 27 full seasons professionally with only 6 losing seasons. Only once has he had consecutive losing seasons and that was the four straight at LSSU with Jim at his side. That means he has just two full losing seasons in the other 23 years of professional coaching. Doesn’t that seem a little strange? He has the most wins in LSSU school history and is third in winning percentage even with those four horrible years including multiple trips to the NCAA tournament and an NCAA championship. Is anyone aware that in his final two years at LSSU he elevated Tim Christian’s role in recruiting and it paid off with Tim landing defenseman Derrick Smith? Are you aware that Jim did not want Frank to bring Jeff Jakaitis to LSSU to fill an emergency in goal? These two players changed the face of Laker hockey and Jim Roque, who was hired to recruit, was not involved in either of them.
              Did you ever hear Frank make any comments publicly or privately degrading Jim’s efforts or lack of loyalty before or after he was fired? The answer is no so why continue with this? Frank was never fined by the league. Frank was never suspended. Only once did Frank go after another job while at LSSU and as a result his contract was not renewed for doing so (in comes Jeff Jackson). How can the discussion be so tilted against Frank and so supportive of Jim Roque. Frank has been gone six years. The same people degrade Frank based on four season’s that are absolutely out of what was normal for him. With the relationship between the Frank and Jim suffering a complete breakdown, Frank still didn’t fire him. Instead he simply did more of the recruiting himself and sent Tim Christian on the road more. He didn’t and wouldn’t put Jim’s family in that situation. Would Jim Roque do the same for one of his employees?
              What were Jim Roque’s motives when he went to the administration to discuss his thoughts on the team and discuss leaving LSSU prior to Frank being fired? It seems there are more pressing issues for LSSU right now trying to survive than discussing Frank. Is the hiring of Doug Laprade, brother in law of athletic director Kris Dunbar, good for the program or good for Jim Roque? Does he even care that he makes his boss a target with the hiring? Wasn’t Doug Laprade the central figure in the public relations disaster a couple years ago when he convinced Dunbar to change Laker hockey to his radio station after more than forty years with its prior relationship? With the Laker program and many other teams in the CCHA in serious trouble, Jim applied for the Clarkson position and you people ridicule Frank! Focus your attention on Jim Roque and the current state of Laker hockey and leave Frank alone. TBA is not Theresa Anzalone or any other member of the Anzalone family. Truth is either a Jim Roque smoke screen or a very unhappy individual. Your program needs help right now. Focus on that and leave Frank out of it.

Comment

Originally posted by lssualumn View Post
                Before this gets off topic again...................................
                wait, was this ever on topic................

Comment

Wow... Frank Frank Frank Frank Frank... Frank is Freeking gone... MOVE ON!!! He's not coming back... WHY WHY WHY Dose anyone keep bringing him up... BTW Truth is actually a fomer player's (Who got kicked off the team) dad... End of story... the only truth is that he is bitter cause his lazy kid couldn't hang with at the D1 Level... Done and Done...

The Tooth is out there... I think it's on the ice... Hope my DDS can put it back in....
                  T&A
                  T&A
                  THE TOOTH WILL SET YOU FREE
                  TNA
                  TNA

Comment

Not too many people talking about Frank in the Soo lately. If there was an ugly issue, its long, long, long dead. I don't see how Frank has anything to do with the current state of LSSU hockey -- in good times or bad.

So let me repeat: Death to the CCHA.

Discuss.

Comment

Your program needs help right now. Focus on that and leave Frank out of it.
                      After you go on a long-winded tirade propping Frank up, now you want the frank talk to end.

How convenient.

Comment

Make no mistake about it, there is (and always has been) a contingent in the Sault that has despised Laker Hockey. They dislike the hockey culture of the area overall, and LSSU hockey has always been target number one of their scorn. They feel the hockey culture, led by Laker Hockey, robbed their sports of their due recognition and participation levels (high school football, baseball, basketball). And there has always been a group at LSSU that disliked how Laker Hockey over-shadowed the other university programs.

So don't feel there is an overwhelming sense of doom or dismay in the Soo right now, In fact, a certain percentage of the people are downright giddy, and already planning the eulogy of Laker Hockey.

The question is this: how many of those people currently hold the reigns of power at LSSU?

Comment

Before this gets off topic again, let me state that no-one on this site represents the Anzalone family and “Truth” coming on the thread again with smoke and mirrors is getting quite old. This has nothing to do with Frank. Each time LSSU is in the midst of controversy Truth turns the discussion to Frank. When Jim Roque got fined last winter “Truth” turned the conversation to Frank’s record in Quad Cities. When Jim Roque got suspended by the league, the topic was Frank’s record while at LSSU. When Jim Roque applied for the Clarkson job, the discussion was Frank applying for the Clarkson job. Everything Frank did while at LSSU, good or bad, was for the good of LSSU hockey and there were no secrets. Can the same be said for Jim Roque? LSSU needs quality people in charge and they desperately lack that right now (that includes 3dognight who says he/she doesn’t have any ties to the coach and has never met Frank yet continually ridicules him). This makes no sense for a person in that position. In your last post you mention that you are re-evaluating the level of the project based on the college hockey landscape. Is it fair to ask if you have given the money promised to the University or are you holding it and making sure things work out to your satisfaction first? Your comments make one think there is a chance that the long awaited renovations may actually not even occur. There is only one reason why there is such an interest in degrading Frank even by major donors who claim to be new to LSSU, and guilt is never a good thing?

There is no comparison between Jim Roque and Frank Anzalone. Are you people even aware that the NCAA issues that Jim reported to the school as violations when Frank got fired involved Jim as well? (public record) Franks biggest fault at Lake Superior was his loyalty to his staff. Frank has coached 27 full seasons professionally with only 6 losing seasons. Only once has he had consecutive losing seasons and that was the four straight at LSSU with Jim at his side. That means he has just two full losing seasons in the other 23 years of professional coaching. Doesn’t that seem a little strange? He has the most wins in LSSU school history and is third in winning percentage even with those four horrible years including multiple trips to the NCAA tournament and an NCAA championship. Is anyone aware that in his final two years at LSSU he elevated Tim Christian’s role in recruiting and it paid off with Tim landing defenseman Derrick Smith? Are you aware that Jim did not want Frank to bring Jeff Jakaitis to LSSU to fill an emergency in goal? These two players changed the face of Laker hockey and Jim Roque, who was hired to recruit, was not involved in either of them.
                          Did you ever hear Frank make any comments publicly or privately degrading Jim’s efforts or lack of loyalty before or after he was fired? The answer is no so why continue with this? Frank was never fined by the league. Frank was never suspended. Only once did Frank go after another job while at LSSU and as a result his contract was not renewed for doing so (in comes Jeff Jackson). How can the discussion be so tilted against Frank and so supportive of Jim Roque. Frank has been gone six years. The same people degrade Frank based on four season’s that are absolutely out of what was normal for him. With the relationship between the Frank and Jim suffering a complete breakdown, Frank still didn’t fire him. Instead he simply did more of the recruiting himself and sent Tim Christian on the road more. He didn’t and wouldn’t put Jim’s family in that situation. Would Jim Roque do the same for one of his employees?
                          What were Jim Roque’s motives when he went to the administration to discuss his thoughts on the team and discuss leaving LSSU prior to Frank being fired? It seems there are more pressing issues for LSSU right now trying to survive than discussing Frank. Is the hiring of Doug Laprade, brother in law of athletic director Kris Dunbar, good for the program or good for Jim Roque? Does he even care that he makes his boss a target with the hiring? Wasn’t Doug Laprade the central figure in the public relations disaster a couple years ago when he convinced Dunbar to change Laker hockey to his radio station after more than forty years with its prior relationship? With the Laker program and many other teams in the CCHA in serious trouble, Jim applied for the Clarkson position and you people ridicule Frank! Focus your attention on Jim Roque and the current state of Laker hockey and leave Frank alone. TBA is not Theresa Anzalone or any other member of the Anzalone family. Truth is either a Jim Roque smoke screen or a very unhappy individual. Your program needs help right now. Focus on that and leave Frank out of it.
                          Two comments:

(1) To the extent that discussions on this forum have tilted against Frank (and even ridiculed him), in my opinion you have Truth Squad to thank for that. I think most Laker fans recognize the contributions Frank made to Laker hockey.

(2) How have the discussions on this forum been supportive of Jim Roque? Is it that any posts not directly calling for his firing are what you consider supportive of him? I'm having a tough time remembering any posts that indicate what a wonderful job he is doing as head coach.
                          Last edited by Bill; 07-14-2011, 12:59 PM.

Comment

Thank you Bill, very well put.
                            BLEED BLUE

Comment

Originally posted by Truth Squad View Post

Wisconsin Stevens Point [is] pretty close to Sault
                              Oh really? I suppose that depends on your definition of close.
                              At least you could have mentioned UW-Superior.
                              Embrace the hate.

Comment

Originally posted by PerkyforPrez View Post
                                Thank you Bill, very well put.
                                Ditto
                                Go Lakers!

Comment

Working...
                                X