LSSU Laker Hockey 2011-12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: LSSU Laker Hockey 2011-12

I do hope that Tech, and eventually NMU, will push hard to include you guys, but there are three MN schools and potentially two AK schools in any such debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Lakerblue View Post

The U.S. 2 schools need to set themselves up as a solid block, and allow gravity to bring schools into THEIR orbit, rather than limping around, hat in hand, like a wounded beggar asking for scraps. We are all better schools, and better programs, than every other remaining school.

Bring the Alaska schools into the mix, and you have a very nice, tight conference of Far Northern Schools:

LSSU
      NMU
      Tech
      BSU
      Fairbanks
      UAA

Great rivalries. Great travel partners. All institutions similarly dedicated and funded.

For this grouping to be viable, we'd have to add St Cloud and Mankato into the mix. However there seems to be a feeling that the MN schools aren't interested in having the Lakers in the WCHA, which if true would put a damper on this unless they could be persuaded to change their minds.

Comment

Originally posted by DopeyBaker View Post
        There is no advantage for Notre Dame to rush to a decision. They write their own ticket.

I heard Frank Anzalone is one of the finalists for the assistant coach opening there.

You have some great ideas, but it sounds like the U.P. schools (NMU and MTU) have already committed.
        When your little college is opening up the 2013 season at home against conference rival Bentley in front of 750 fans in the newly renovated Norris Center, after back-to-back last place finishes in the old CCHA we will see how many more shots you people up there want to take at the man that brought you glory, three championships, and your little village on the map.

The Truth Is Out There.....
        TBA

Comment

Originally posted by Truth Squad View Post
          When your little college is opening up the 2013 season at home against conference rival Bentley in front of 750 fans in the newly renovated Norris Center, after back-to-back last place finishes in the old CCHA we will see how many more shots you people up there want to take at the man that brought you glory, three championships, and your little village on the map.

TBA
          If you're going to troll these guys, at least use an AHA school that makes sense, you tool.

Comment

I sure hope the WCHA doesn't kick us to the curb. I will be very upset at SCSU, MSUM and BSU if they put us on the death bed.
            Last edited by LSSULaker889294; 07-13-2011, 08:36 PM.
            LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Originally posted by Neil Diamond View Post
              As for the Laprade situation, bank on it. He's in.
              Any idea of when we can expect a press release on this?

Comment

Originally posted by Truth Squad View Post

TBA
                Yep and if Anzalone was still here, we would be going into the new conference and not be in danger of folding......NOT!
                LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
                  Yep and if Anzalone was still here, we would be going into the new conference and not be in danger of folding......NOT!
                  Actually you may be right. You could be joining Adrian and Finlandia in the MCHA.
                  "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Just read Pletchs interview on USCHO main board.........underwhelming.

Looks like he has conceded the CCHA to observer status in the changing landscape of college hockey.

UGH

Comment

A story in the Marquette Mining Journal confirms NMU's move to the WCHA and includes this tidbit.

"According to Mining Journal sources, Lake Superior State is not in talks with the WCHA and most likely will not be following the Wildcats out west."

I'm trying to read between the lines on that. It could mean that the WCHA has absolutely no interest, but it almost sounds like LSSU isn't trying to get into the WCHA. I hope that's not true. It just seems obvious to me that the WCHA is the best place for us at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by laker_one View Post
                        I'm trying to read between the lines on that. It could mean that the WCHA has absolutely no interest, but it almost sounds like LSSU isn't trying to get into the WCHA. I hope that's not true. It just seems obvious to me that the WCHA is the best place for us at this point.
                        Under the circumstances, getting into a league with fellow UP schools and Bemidji would seem like an exciting fresh start for the program. Staying in the CCHA and trying to add teams from Atlantic Hockey seems like the beginning of the end.

I hope the administration is at least trying for WCHA membership.

Comment

If there are not promising talks underway to add 3-5 teams to the CCHA, it makes no sense whatsoever for the WCHA remainders to dis LSSU. If it's Lake State that's not working for admission, they need to be slapped. If it's the WCHA giving them the cold shoulder, ditto. Send out your emails to ADs. Knock some heads together. This is a high risk situation for the 3 leftover teams, and the WCHA is the logical place for LSSU.
                          Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                          USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
                            I sure hope the WCHA doesn't kick us to the curb. I will be very upset at SCSU, MSUM and BSU if they put us on the death bed.
                            You'd probably feel how we feel about UND and DU about now. As an SCSU fan, I would just assume keep the 6 we have/are about to have in NMU, MTU, BSU, MSUM, UAA, and SCSU. This is the best possible scenario for keeping the CCHA afloat with the 4 teams left, UAH, and 1 or 3 others from the AHA.

That said, I can see LSSU fans wanting to bolt from the CCHA immediately. If it came to a yes or no vote, I would hope the WCHA squads would take in both Fairbanks and Lake State for a nice 8 team conference.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                              Any idea of when we can expect a press release on this?
                              Soon, just crossing T's and dotting the I's

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
                                If there are not promising talks underway to add 3-5 teams to the CCHA, it makes no sense whatsoever for the WCHA remainders to dis LSSU. If it's Lake State that's not working for admission, they need to be slapped. If it's the WCHA giving them the cold shoulder, ditto. Send out your emails to ADs. Knock some heads together. This is a high risk situation for the 3 leftover teams, and the WCHA is the logical place for LSSU.
                                I think many of us are not against LSSU joing the WCHA. I recognize that travel costs and distance will be a challenge. However, I much rather see LSSU come into the WCHA than to see their demise on our watch.

There will be another shoe dropping here in the near future. There will likely be a domino effect that will cause realignment of the eastern schools as well. There will be a lot of different scenarios where teams could end up. Best of luck to all of us little guys in collge hockey. If we stay committed to our teams and encourage others to get involved and support our programs we can weather the storm. If the will is there, there will be a path to success.

Comment

Working...
                                X