Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: LSSU Laker Hockey 2011-12

Originally posted by giwan View Post

Hockey is much more regional and a niche and always will be.
    Which goes to my original point: When you have teams like Northern, Tech, LSSU, Bemidji, St. Cloud, etc, you have teams based in areas where hockey is king. That's a positive.

Comment

• Originally posted by Neil Diamond View Post
      Which goes to my original point: When you have teams like Northern, Tech, LSSU, Bemidji, St. Cloud, etc, you have teams based in areas where hockey is king. That's a positive.
      I am with you Neil. I would love to see that happen.
      Everything's is in flux right now and it is important that the Lakers stay in the mix and not be relegated to what's left of the CCHA.
      Lots of travel and home dates with UAH- Niagra- Canisus - FSU- BGSU????? UGH.

Comment

Originally posted by 3dognight View Post
        I am with you Neil. I would love to see that happen.
        Everything's is in flux right now and it is important that the Lakers stay in the mix and not be relegated to what's left of the CCHA.
        Lots of travel and home dates with UAH- Niagra- Canisus - FSU- BGSU????? UGH.
        How proactive is our administration in order to "remain in the mix"? They really do not inspire much confidence. I do agree though that it would be far better to try and form a league with the remaining WCHA teams but what to do with the Alaska problem????

Comment

Originally posted by jnacc View Post
          How proactive is our administration in order to "remain in the mix"? They really do not inspire much confidence. I do agree though that it would be far better to try and form a league with the remaining WCHA teams but what to do with the Alaska problem????
          The Administration is holding on, but there is only so much they can do at this time. No one wants to see this storied program go under. But there is a kind of 'wait-n-see' attitude right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Neil Diamond View Post
            The Administration is holding on, but there is only so much they can do at this time. No one wants to see this storied program go under. But there is a kind of 'wait-n-see' attitude right now.
            Reactive instead of proactive...no surprise there. This is not the time for a wait-n-see attitude...the AD and the hockey coaching staff need to burning the phone lines and setting themselves a spot at the table for when the remnants of the WCHA re-form. If not then 3dognight's nightmare may turn into a reality and the program might as well go under!

Comment

Reactive instead of proactive...no surprise there. This is not the time for a wait-n-see attitude...the AD and the hockey coaching staff need to burning the phone lines and setting themselves a spot at the table for when the remnants of the WCHA re-form. If not then 3dognight's nightmare may turn into a reality and the program might as well go under!
              How can you be proactive about a situation that is undefinable as of now?

They need to see if this so-called "super league" is a go or not. Obviously there are "what if" scenarios drawn up; but what on earth do you want them to do?

Comment

They need to see if this so-called "super league" is a go or not. Obviously there are "what if" scenarios drawn up; but what on earth do you want them to do?
                The announcement of the new "super league" league is supposed to be Wednesday, so I guess we should know then.

Comment

The super league is all but official, it will be announced on Wednesday. Everyone now knows that it will happen. I hope the administration is not taking your line of approach of merely waiting for the "official" announcement to see what their response will be...because it may then be to late! The only real question remaining is where will Notre Dame and Western Michigan be playing. Will they join the new league? Will Notre Dame be going to H.E.? One thing is almost certain, Notre Dame will not be remaining in what is left of the CCHA.

Laker Hockey should not and cannot be sitting back waiting to see where the cards will fall. They must be involved in any and all contingency plans being drawn up by the remaining WHCA schools; and you can be sure that such plans are being drawn up right now. Those schools will be re-formed under a different banner and those schools will offer a much more attractive league than what will remain of the CCHA.

As 3dognight said, we do not want to end up in conference featuring the likes of UAH- Niagra- Canisus - FSU- BGSU. Such a league would not even be worth the bother.

Comment

The super league is all but official, it will be announced on Wednesday. Everyone now knows that it will happen. I hope the administration is not taking your line of approach of merely waiting for the "official" announcement to see what their response will be...because it may then be to late! The only real question remaining is where will Notre Dame and Western Michigan be playing. Will they join the new league? Will Notre Dame be going to H.E.? One thing is almost certain, Notre Dame will not be remaining in what is left of the CCHA.

Laker Hockey should not and cannot be sitting back waiting to see where the cards will fall. They must be involved in any and all contingency plans being drawn up by the remaining WHCA schools; and you can be sure that such plans are being drawn up right now. Those schools will be re-formed under a different banner and those schools will offer a much more attractive league than what will remain of the CCHA.

As 3dognight said, we do not want to end up in conference featuring the likes of UAH- Niagra- Canisus - FSU- BGSU. Such a league would not even be worth the bother.
                    The remaining CCHA ADs reportedly had a conference call yesterday and want to meet with the remaining WCHA ADs. Presumably Kris Dunbar was in on the call.

http://www.newsminer.com/view/full_s...e=local_sports

Comment

The AD spoke at the golf scramble saturday and she mentioned that she has been burning up the phone lines and that all is not lost yet.
                      BLEED BLUE

Comment

As many have remarked. It is not that all is lost.....it is simply a matter of things being in transition.
                        the best scenarios are still available, and The Lakers need to be involved in those discussions ( and from the sound of things are).
                        I would like to see the league tha Neil Diamond has talked about, and from the article Bill posted...it remains a possibility.

Next week will give us a bit more info (WMU and maybe ND)
                        At this time the Lakers need a seat at the table for whatever is "next".
                        Keep those telephone lines cookin

Comment

Originally posted by 3dognight View Post
                          As many have remarked. It is not that all is lost.....it is simply a matter of things being in transition.
                          the best scenarios are still available, and The Lakers need to be involved in those discussions ( and from the sound of things are).
                          I would like to see the league tha Neil Diamond has talked about, and from the article Bill posted...it remains a possibility.

Next week will give us a bit more info (WMU and maybe ND)
                          At this time the Lakers need a seat at the table for whatever is "next".
                          Keep those telephone lines cookin

I agree I just hope that all the teams that are in limbo now check their egos at the door and work together.
                          I am already sick of the B1G and SUPER and it's two years away for crying out loud. The worst possible thing that could happen is if the wcha tries to pry enough teams to join them leaving smaller schools like ours dangling in the wind.
                          BLEED BLUE

Comment

Western would like to go wherever Notre Dame goes:

http://www.mlive.com/broncos/index.s..._crumbles.html

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                              Western would like to go wherever Notre Dame goes:

http://www.mlive.com/broncos/index.s..._crumbles.html
                              Hard to fathom H.E. allowing Western in if that is where N.D. chooses to go. It almost seems that Western knew that the super league was going to happen for quite some time now.

The best hope for us Laker fans is a new conference being formed that brings together the remaining teams in the CCHA and WCHA.

Comment

Hard to fathom H.E. allowing Western in if that is where N.D. chooses to go. It almost seems that Western knew that the super league was going to happen for quite some time now. The best hope for us Laker fans is a new conference being formed that brings together the remaining teams in the CCHA and WCHA.
                                Yes it is odd how that question was answered. They KNEW this was coming and there is no connection between ND and WMU, I don't see that at all.

Comment

Working...
                                X