Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: LSSU Laker Hockey 2011-12

Originally posted by jnacc View Post
    Thank you for appreciating my opinion and as to what I will be doing....of course there are many who share my opinion and will be doing the same thing
    I'm sure the lineup on the International Bridge on Hounds' game night will be amazing

Comment

Originally posted by Neil Diamond View Post
      I'm sure the lineup on the International Bridge on Hounds' game night will be amazing
      You will never see massive amounts of people from the Michigan side at a Hounds game...but then again you no longer see huge numbers of people from any where at a Lakers game

Truth be told, I usually see over a dozen people from the Soo Mich side at the Hounds games I do attend.....and I suspect that number will increase over the next few years.

Comment

but then again you no longer see huge numbers of people from any where at a Lakers game

Again, thanks for your opinion.

Truth be told, I usually see over a dozen people from the Soo Mich side at the Hounds games I do attend

And why not? It's good hockey.

I see many people from Soo, Ontario, at Laker games, too.

and I suspect that number will increase over the next few years

Comment

but then again you no longer see huge numbers of people from any where at a Lakers game

That, unfortunately, sir is not an opinion but a fact.

You're quite welcome for my other opinions though...

Comment

That, unfortunately, sir is not an opinion but a fact.
            You are speculating about something in the future.

Unless you are Nostradamus or Ed McMahon, you have merely given an opinion.

Comment

You are speculating about something in the future.

Unless you are Nostradamus or Ed McMahon, you have merely given an opinion.
              Notice that I did not use the future tense when I stated..."then again you no longer see huge numbers of people from any where at a Lakers games"...you would have been correct if I said once the big ten and super leagues form you will (as in the future) no longer see many people at Laker games...but I did not....I merely stated a fact that the Lakers no longer draw large crowds...especially during home playoff games.

Comment

Notice that I did not use the future tense when I stated..."then again you no longer see huge numbers of people from any where at a Lakers games"...you would have been correct if I said once the big ten and super leagues form you will (as in the future) no longer see many people at Laker games...but I did not....I merely stated a fact that the Lakers no longer draw large crowds...especially during home playoff games.
                They didn't this year with the big teams in it. Look at the playoff series against Ohio State where on television their could have been more than 500 people at a playoff game against a Big Ten team. You saw the pictures from the game on here. It is sad but many of us, including myself, just don't care anymore.

Frank Anzalone turned down any offers to coach up there, and you won't have him to kick around anymore on here. Sad how you people treat with such disrespect a man that built your program, won or responsible for three national championships, yet you hero worship the current administration. Sad just sad.

The Truth Is Out There.....
                TBA
                Last edited by Truth Squad; 07-08-2011, 06:38 AM.

Comment

As for the Laprade situation, bank on it. He's in.

Comment

Blashill to Wings, Miami to new league.....that gives them six and tourney ready. (2 more to follow? ND? WMU?)

Conference call of all remaining WCHA teams today. Are they looking at Alaska?NMU? To get back to Auto tourney bid.
                    Where is CCHA in the mix????????? No official comment.
                    We NEED to be in the mix of a 10 team league or risk problems down the road.

Truth...what are Franks plan for upcoming season? pro scout? Another pro team?
                    Last edited by 3dognight; 07-08-2011, 11:53 AM.

Comment

Hey Truth Squid, any chance Frank has any shot at the WMU job? LOL

Seriously, I feel kinda bad for WMU fans but congrats to Blashill. He deserves it.
                      LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post

Seriously, I feel kinda bad for WMU fans but congrats to Blashill. He deserves it.
                        Apparently Frank had turned the Wings down, opening a spot for Blashill.
                        "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

I suppose it all depends on what you believe is more important: what we (local fans) get from all of this; or what college hockey overall gets from all of this.

If college hockey is to make the next logical step, and become a major player in NCAA sports, then having your Michigans and Minnesotas playing your Lake States and Techs just does not make sense. We had it good here in the Sault over the years with the unrealistic setup; but change was inevitable, and now it's here.
                          So the Dukes and for many years the Northwesterns (among many more) of the world should be cut out of football? And how does that apply to say bball which has so many useless Div 1 teams its a joke. In fact I believe bball is the impetus for the recent ruling regarding Div 2 schools not being able to play up.

Hockey is much more regional and a niche and always will be.

Comment

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post

Frank has no doubt already been offered the WMU job but let me beat Truthboy to the scoop and tell you all that he will decline the job in favor of a more lucrative position in a beginner adult hockey rec league.

Comment

WMU has made a commitment to their program ($$$$$$$$) that will attract a quality coach.
                              They are looking forward and looking hard at the Miami move to the "new" conference. This commitment comes from their president.

BGSU may be the program that is the weak sister of the new group. They fit the model of "All D-1 sports" that this new group desires (UM Duluth is the only exception).

ND looking at the new league vs Hockey East and are planning to make a move "In the best interest of Notre Dame".......shocking.

It was not part of the decision, but the CCHA sucking up and naming Jackson Coach of the year while Blashill wins all "objective" national polls was typical of how the CCHA bent over for the big schools, who have all dumped them. By not developing all of the conference programs they are left with a mess of non marquee match ups. UGH.

Comment

Anzalone & Clarkson are like oil & water!!!! Casey Jones is a good fit. He won't embarass the Golden Knights!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X