X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wisconsin Recruiting: Filling the foundation with 5 stars

Originally posted by aktick View Post
    Thanks, UWisco.

I caught it, my brotha! I actually thought about it AFTER I hit the "Submit Reply" key . That was a good one, tho'!
    "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by aktick View Post
      Actually, I was taking a light-hearted jab at you, sorry if that wasn't clear.

All in good fun...
      Ya I know I talk alot about LOIs but I just get info on it.
      UWisco=LOI Guy!
      WISCONSIN BADGERS
      NCAA Championships: 1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, and 2006
      WCHA Regular Season Champions: 1977, 1990, and 2000
      WCHA Tournament Champions: 1970, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1982, 1983, 1988, 1990, 1995, 1998, and 2013
      B1G Tournament Champions: 2014
      Hobey Baker winner: #5 Blake Geoffrion

Comment

Landon Peterson signs LOI to Wisconsin.

Source is Baggot: http://m.host.madison.com/mobile/art...cc4c002e0.html

This is a mobile link as I'm on IPod.
        WISCONSIN BADGERS
        NCAA Championships: 1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, and 2006
        WCHA Regular Season Champions: 1977, 1990, and 2000
        WCHA Tournament Champions: 1970, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1982, 1983, 1988, 1990, 1995, 1998, and 2013
        B1G Tournament Champions: 2014
        Hobey Baker winner: #5 Blake Geoffrion

Comment

I'm hearing Wisconsin will bring in another defenseman next season even if Wittchow decides to play in the USHL. Badgers looking at another TC defenseman possibly.

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
            Today (as expected) Joseph LaBate, Brad Navin, Patrick Daly and Jake McCabe all signed their LOI and will join the Badgers for the fall of 2011.
            http://www.uwbadgers.com/sports/m-ho...051711aad.html

Some good size in this class.

Name Pos. Ht. Wt. Age Hometown Current Team
            Patrick Daly D 6-0 180 18 Victoria, Minn. Benilde-St. Margaret's H.S.
            Joseph LaBate F 6-4 195 18 Eagan, Minn. Academy of Holy Angels (H.S.)
            Jake McCabe D 6-0 190 17 Eau Claire, Wis. U.S. NTDP (USHL)
            Brad Navin F 6-2 195 18 Waupaca, Wis. Waupaca High School
            Tyler Lapic F 6-2 195 19 New Prague, Minn. Chicago (USHL)
            Matt Paape F 5-10 185 19 Appleton, Wis. Sioux City (USHL)
            Joel Rumpel G 6-3 175 19 Swift Current, Saskatchewan Penticton (BCHL)
            Brendan Woods F 6-3 192 18 Palmyra, Pa. Muskegon (USHL)
            If at first you don't succeed, try cheating.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
              I'm hearing Wisconsin will bring in another defenseman next season even if Wittchow decides to play in the USHL. Badgers looking at another TC defenseman possibly.
              I'm a bit surprised by this. I wonder if someone may be transferring or if this is insurance for when Schultz, and possibly Rammer leave after next season?

or...Is Butters changing the face of how UW recruits?
              Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                I'm a bit surprised by this. I wonder if someone may be transferring or if this is insurance for when Schultz, and possibly Rammer leave after next season?

or...Is Butters changing the face of how UW recruits?
                I said before that Butters is changing how UW recruits but some got upset with me. Additionally I don't think the staff was overly impressed with Drake this season.

Comment

I said before that Butters is changing how UW recruits but some got upset with me. Additionally I don't think the staff was overly impressed with Drake this season.
                  yes. well, Eaves is pretty open philosophically then. I'm not sure if I agree w/bringing in 18 Y.O. but then again, Butters did have some **** successful players for him in Ratville.

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                    yes. well, Eaves is pretty open philosophically then. I'm not sure if I agree w/bringing in 18 Y.O. but then again, Butters did have some **** successful players for him in Ratville.
                    But that was different recruiting age, I suspect that this is an experiment that will ultimately be a failure. Frost contributions are something that can help make a contender a champion.

Comment

For several decades U.S. automakers sourced their parts on the basis of short term profit rather than long term reliability. Foreign auto makers ate them alive. What criteria are used to recruit components of successful hockey programs, versus model years?

Comment

I said before that Butters is changing how UW recruits but some got upset with me.
                        I just can't believe Eaves would allow Butters to influence his philosophy on recruiting, considering Eaves' track record is rather solid the last 4 yrs. There's no reason to change the recruiting philosophy, other than maybe not recruit so many Wisconsin kids. I think Eaves is making UW's roster too Wisconsin kid heavy. Has WI HS hockey really come that far where you can have a national top 10 team with 12 WI kids and 14 non WI kids? I think the jury is out, but next year will tell me a lot.
                        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                          I just can't believe Eaves would allow Butters to influence his philosophy on recruiting, considering Eaves' track record is rather solid the last 4 yrs. There's no reason to change the recruiting philosophy, other than maybe not recruit so many Wisconsin kids. I think Eaves is making UW's roster too Wisconsin kid heavy. Has WI HS hockey really come that far where you can have a national top 10 team with 12 WI kids and 14 non WI kids? I think the jury is out, but next year will tell me a lot.
                          Well believe it because it's happening. As for it being too Wisconsin heavy? The 2006 National Championship roster had 13 Wisconsin born players. Was that team too Wisconsin heavy?

Comment

Originally posted by Almington View Post
                            But that was different recruiting age, I suspect that this is an experiment that will ultimately be a failure. Frost contributions are something that can help make a contender a champion.
                            true, recruiting players from juniors in 1992-99 was much less prevalent, or on the american side at least. still...while I'm unsure of this decision I wonder if Butters can eventually land a Crowley or Bonin type (well I guess that's shuey's dept) by offering an immediate opening vs. 1 or 2 years jrs.

this will be VERY interesting to watch play out

Comment

Gandalf put forth the theory a while back that maybe Osiecki was the reason for the over-recruiting since it stopped at Wisconsin when he left and it now occurs at Ohio State. If Butters is indeed changing the way UW recruits in other ways, maybe Eaves really is open to giving his Assistants the power to make many of those decisions...

Comment

Originally posted by DPlaya View Post
                                Gandalf put forth the theory a while back that maybe Osiecki was the reason for the over-recruiting since it stopped at Wisconsin when he left and it now occurs at Ohio State. If Butters is indeed changing the way UW recruits in other ways, maybe Eaves really is open to giving his Assistants the power to make many of those decisions...
                                I think Eaves is a coach who is open to delegating power and trying things. It's not like Wisconsin recruiting is doing a total 180, but I know for a fact that Butters is pushing to bring in more players straight out of high school. It doesn't mean that it's going to happen exclusively, but it's going to happen more regularly.

I think this year is going to be more of an exception than the norm. LaBate was basically only brought in to take over for Strang. If Strang was still coming, LaBate would not even be committed to the Badgers. Same thing with Navin, I feel like the staff had every intention of Jordy coming back, and even though they flirted with the Linaker deal, I think it was more that they didn't feel they had the scholarship room down the road since Navin despite being an instate guy is a high scholarship kid. The only true examples in my opinion are Daly and Wittchow if he makes his decision to come in this year or the other un-named d-man if Wittchow doesn't come.

Comment

Working...
                                X